Why does Qookie have darker skin than the rest of the gang.

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Why does Qookie have darker skin than the rest of the gang.

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:33 am

I always just assumed it was because she (i think its a she) worked in the fields and got sunburned. But was there ever a canon explanation?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Why does Qookie have darker skin than the rest of the gang.

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:09 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:33 am
I always just assumed it was because she (i think its a she) worked in the fields and got sunburned. But was there ever a canon explanation?
Just seems like there's 4 races of stinker (also corresponds to an eye colour, and somehow a shoe colour), and each of the main 4 heroes corresponds to one. That's what the editor suggests, anyway.
It does make sense that she is tan because she is a farmer of sorts, but she also lives in a colder environment which means weaker sun and more albedo effect.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:59 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:09 pm
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Just seems like there's 4 races of stinker (also corresponds to an eye colour, and somehow a shoe colour), and each of the main 4 heroes corresponds to one. That's what the editor suggests, anyway.
It does make sense that she is tan because she is a farmer of sorts, but she also lives in a colder environment which means weaker sun and more albedo effect.
I don't use the editor that much, so i feel quite dumb. But four races? I had no idea. But does she really live in a colder environment? From the WSW map, she lives quite south of the mountains. I guess it would be colder because it is in the middle of Wonderland?
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:17 am

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:59 pm
Wonderman109 wrote:
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
I don't use the editor that much, so i feel quite dumb. But four races? I had no idea. But does she really live in a colder environment? From the WSW map, she lives quite south of the mountains. I guess it would be colder because it is in the middle of Wonderland and farther from the oceans?
I copied it instead of editing again. Dangit.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:56 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:59 pm
Wonderman109 wrote:
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
I don't use the editor that much, so i feel quite dumb. But four races? I had no idea. But does she really live in a colder environment? From the WSW map, she lives quite south of the mountains. I guess it would be colder because it is in the middle of Wonderland?
Yes, each of the main 4 have different colourations. And I suppose she's not that far north so yes, she'd get more sun from the land.