Beta Testing Stinky and Loof in Wonderland (a Thanksgiving post)

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Beta Testing Stinky and Loof in Wonderland (a Thanksgiving post)

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:25 pm

In September of 2021, i was in a very dark place. I am not going to get into personal details, but i will say that i was not feeling so well mentally. By the end of the month, i was so warn out, and i didn't know what to do. My self-esteem was really hurting and i was having dark thoughts. So when Patrick announced that Stinky and Loof in Wonderland was going to be created, i felt so excited. Wonderland reminds me of being a kid, when everything was so much easier, so helping beta testing the game really brought back good memories. It gave me a sense of purpose in life, and two months later, i have to say that i am in a much better place. I want to congratulate my fellow beta testers (there are 27 of us currently including me), as well as Patrick and David. I am not sure where i would be right now if this project had not been started. So this is what i am thankful for this Thanksgiving.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Beta Testing Stinky and Loof in Wonderland (a Thanksgiving post)

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:58 pm

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:25 pm
In September of 2021, i was in a very dark place. I am not going to get into personal details, but i will say that i was not feeling so well mentally. By the end of the month, i was so warn out, and i didn't know what to do. My self-esteem was really hurting and i was having dark thoughts. So when Patrick announced that Stinky and Loof in Wonderland was going to be created, i felt so excited. Wonderland reminds me of being a kid, when everything was so much easier, so helping beta testing the game really brought back good memories. It gave me a sense of purpose in life, and two months later, i have to say that i am in a much better place. I want to congratulate my fellow beta testers (there are 27 of us currently including me), as well as Patrick and David. I am not sure where i would be right now if this project had not been started. So this is what i am thankful for this Thanksgiving.
Cheers because I'm feeling the same way now. It's good to have nice things.
Slinker

Re: Beta Testing Stinky and Loof in Wonderland (a Thanksgiving post)

Post by Slinker » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:34 am

This post very much resonates with me and I'm sure it does with a lot of people here as well. Having to do college, work, managing relationships, and every responsibility under the sun as an adult all the while moving on from past fallouts isn't easy to put this lightly. I used to look so good and I look at myself now and wonder how I got to this point. Sometimes we'll question why we are even motivated to get out of bed. :stinkysad:

For me, its the faith that nothing can truly stay the same for better or worse. You just never know and that's the magic in it all. Also the hope that Wonderland (and many other personal franchises) expand somehow someday. Hope and hope and hope.

Wonderland is the only place I can go that isn't filled to the brim with drama and toxicity. It's not a corporate sellout brand. It's a small community of people with the common ground of enjoying puzzles and having a good time. That's why I love the name of "Wonderland", because it keeps true to it in every aspect to this day. Undying respect to Patrick, Dtootill, beta testers, level designers, and every person whose contributed in their own way to making this(shoutout to the unknown who also put a lot of effort). And of course, to my mother for choosing this game out of all the others on Bigfish lol. :lol:
Student of the Wonderland Academy. The online alias that I mostly use is EnderWarden.

my channel is kinda cool. I upload when I have time to. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb2u7q ... _zb1TSiItA