the Wonderland Iceberg

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

the Wonderland Iceberg

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:23 am

please note! everything on this iceberg is legitimate, from old forums posts to midnight post miscellanea to weird original research. it's all related directly to wonderland, not to anything community-specific. an explanation video might come eventually.
much thanks to everyone who contributed ideas to this disasterpiece.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: the Wonderland Iceberg

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:29 pm

Sammy_P wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:23 am

please note! everything on this iceberg is legitimate, from old forums posts to midnight post miscellanea to weird original research. it's all related directly to wonderland, not to anything community-specific. an explanation video might come eventually.
Oh my gosh this is EPICCC xd :mrgreen: :stinkyeek:

Also I made a 0x0 level for Jutomi's contest a few months back...does that mean i swam straight to the bottom? :stinkylol:
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:49 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:29 pm
Also I made a 0x0 level for Jutomi's contest a few months back...does that mean i swam straight to the bottom? :stinkylol:
actually, the >100x>100 and 0x0 level behavior notes refer specifically to RTW, which is decidedly more weirder than how the WAE handles them
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:27 pm

Sammy_P wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:23 am
What the heck are "Dancing Fruitbeast lasers". They were the dancers in Wondertown. Also, what is "You've Hit Paydirt Now", "Unused Stinker Rescue", "Octopus", "Blah, Blah Blah", "38 08", and "March of the Stinkers"?
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:40 pm

(omg, pls stop including the image when quoting it)
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:27 pm
What the heck are "Dancing Fruitbeast lasers". They were the dancers in Wondertown. Also, what is "You've Hit Paydirt Now", "Unused Stinker Rescue", "Octopus", "Blah, Blah Blah", "38 08", and "March of the Stinkers"?
dancing fruitbeasts lasers: an old WA1 rendering error http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22812
you've hit paydirt now!: unused level in TOW that remained sitting in the game's internal levels directory. it's unfinished but beatable.
unused stinker rescue: unused WSW level that's effectively identical to the final version of stinker rescue, only with a few other "coins" laying around
octopus: in one of the wonderland history sections of the games collection DVD lies a sketch of an octopus enemy, alongside primary sketches of coily, scouge, and kaboom (the latter originally named "blaster")
"blah, blah, blah!": the sound that scritters make; i believe this is the canon pronunciation?, but i'm not sure.
38 08 (and other metatiles) can be read about here: https://zbots.space/wiki/38_08
march of the stinkers: is a pre-WA1 tech demo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zdoWzftijo
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:49 pm

Sammy_P wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:40 pm
(omg, pls stop including the image when quoting it)
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:27 pm
dancing fruitbeasts lasers: an old WA1 rendering error http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22812
you've hit paydirt now!: unused level in TOW that remained sitting in the game's internal levels directory. it's unfinished but beatable.
unused stinker rescue: unused WSW level that's effectively identical to the final version of stinker rescue, only with a few other "coins" laying around
octopus: in one of the wonderland history sections of the games collection DVD lies a sketch of an octopus enemy, alongside primary sketches of coily, scouge, and kaboom (the latter originally named "blaster")
"blah, blah, blah!": the sound that scritters make; i believe this is the canon pronunciation?, but i'm not sure.
38 08 (and other metatiles) can be read about here: https://zbots.space/wiki/38_08
march of the stinkers: is a pre-WA1 tech demo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zdoWzftijo

I know that POTZ resuses the KQ bonus coins for the rainbow balls. Where does MOFI reuse KQ assets? I would also have pointed out that the WA "level complete" dance is based off of the one in KQ, as well as mention the Sky Machine foreshadowing.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:29 am

Currently awaiting the upload to the video where it explains this iceberg. Like all other icebergs...

Still, this is a bunch of presumably high-IQ terminology all funneled into one picture. It's interesting...
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:59 pm

RoberTime wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:29 am
Currently awaiting the upload to the video where it explains this iceberg. Like all other icebergs...
Coming soon™ whenever I can get around to it. Since posting this image, a few more cool random things have popped up that are worthy of being on this iceberg which I'll be able to add into the video. :^)
WonderlandFan
Silver Wonderlander

Post by WonderlandFan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:22 am

What level is the TOW beta demo on?
Wondeland fan and speedrunner. :stinkyhappy: