WA1 Wrong Warp

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

nasko222
Rainbow Master

WA1 Wrong Warp

Post by nasko222 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:58 pm

I discovered this today by accident and I am so confused...

1. Start brand new WA1 Game
2. While it's doing the start new game animation quickly press 8 on your keyboard, then press ENTER, then press the numbers 1, 3 and 0 (all numbers not on the numpad)
3. When you spawn in game, press ENTER 4 times
4. Hold your backspace key for exactly 6 seconds and then release

If done correctly you will trigger The Purple Shard adventure

Here's a video: https://naskogdps17.7m.pl/discord_reviv ... warp_1.mp4
Last edited by nasko222 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: WA1 Wrong Warp

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:08 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:58 pm
I discovered this today by accident and I am so confused...

1. Start brand new WA1 Game
2. While it's doing the start new game animation quickly press 8 on your keyboard, then press ENTER, then press the numbers 1, 3 and 0 (all numbers not on the numpad)
3. When you spawn in game, press ENTER 4 times
4. Hold your backspace key for exactly 6 seconds and then release

If done correctly you will trigger The Purple Shard adventure
this is hilarious. It's got to be intentional
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:47 pm

should also explain the WA2 MOFI Warp which is even more broken
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:48 pm

Sure
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:54 pm

I almost thought this was a joke topic because of how specific these steps are until I tried it myself, what the...

H-how'd you even find this. :lol:
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:19 pm

I'm 99% sure this is just Vault shenanigans. The values being entered match up with using the start adventure command (8) with adventure ID 130, which is the Purple Shard adventure. My guess is that there's some buggy code with handling when Vault commands should be executed. The game also logs keystrokes into the Vault even when it isn't opened or unlocked. Very interesting find though!
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:30 pm

|Cookie| wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:54 pm
I almost thought this was a joke topic because of how specific these steps are until I tried it myself, what the...

I know. It sounded like some of the "steps to unlock Luigi" in Super Mario 64.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:40 pm

Short explanation: I was looking at the game's code and I found a loophole in the Vault code.

Long explanation: Today I woke up, I ate breakfast and then I sit on my PC to study, After that it was gaming time. Currently these days I've been on a hunt for WA glitches along with Billy Bob. Recently we found the glitch where you can get infinite magic from that magic that you're holding, you basically step on BRR Pad and activate one other glitch to delete the gloves (I will do this in another topic because its really long, but it works in all WA Games, not only WA1, so you can have infinite magic even in MOFI and POTZ of course). So I was still on a hunt for game breaking glitches, and I remembered that if you execute command 115 from the Vault it doesn't fully open the menu until you click Cancel and then it works like normal, But otherwise if you click Play in the first menu it seems to start as normal, but what's different is that it unlocks the Restart Adventure and Abort Adventure buttons in the hub, meaning you can restart/abort adventure in the hub, which can be exploited to restore items and areas (Similar to ASG in Hub). I was curious why the only way to trigger this is from the Vault and I was looking into the code, realizing that the adventure replay menu is made out of two menus not one, whenever you activate the command it starts the first menu (The faulty one) and then the one that prevents the thing I explained two sentences above from happening. This all happens in two frames, but the command window actually skips the UpdateGame() function for 1 frame, failing to execute the second menu, causing this glitch to happen. I wondered if there's a way to lag the game or do something to make this glitch work without the Vault, and looking at the command window code I actually realized that it doesn't need the Vault to be activated at all, but rather, if the vault isn't activated, it checks to see if backspace button is held for a particular amount of seconds (In WA1/WA2 it's 6 seconds, in WA3 and OpenWA/WASharp it's 48 seconds). Why is this code even there in the first place? I have no clue, But basically from the moment you click Start Game, the command window is active just not visible and it doesn't cause the game to be in "Paused" state. So you're basically typing CMD 8 with Data0 of 130 in the background, and when you perform the backspace trick you're executing it.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:00 pm

For infinite magic glitch: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28247