New WA Glitch: Infinite Magic (Works in All 3 games)

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

nasko222
Rainbow Master

New WA Glitch: Infinite Magic (Works in All 3 games)

Post by nasko222 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:59 pm

WA is one of those games that will never stop getting more and more broken.
Words said by Billy Bob in 2017.

Well.............

After getting the MOFI World Record for Any% before few days I was bored and I wanted to find a new WA Glitch. I messaged Billy Bob about something that we thought he found in 2019 which is deleting the magic gloves in the MOFI Level Mischief & Mayhem using Floing item over gloves on a Tollgate to make that Tollgate raise up. The reason it worked in the first place is he executed CMD 2 with Data0 of -1, which deactivates the player. And using Floing item over gloves (Which they have id of -1) checks in the objects array for the first object with id -1 (Which is USUALLY the player) and if its active it doesn't delete any items (But still performs the action, you can even try this without glitches, if you have item that activates bridges, and if a bridge is placed earlier than other bridge in the editor, that custom item won't disappear from the inventory, I am pretty sure many adventure makers have noticed this). On the hunt of trying to manipulate the array, Billy Bob found that if you do the "Playing as wee stinker glitch" and deactivate the wee stinker (By putting it in the wee exit) you can actually use the Item over gloves to delete the gloves. Then we had the following setup:

1. Have a save with the mask/easter egg item being on top right of the inventory.
2. Have a save with the gloves on top right in the inventory and go to the adventure Mountain Rescue
3. Go get the rightmost wee stinker from the transporter area of the level and bring it to the exit. (This stinker is the last item in the object array, excluding the player, that's why the camera later will focus that particular stinker)
4. Get another wee stinker ready to murder (The easiest way is the spikeyballs to the right from the wee exit area)
5. Charge your gloves with BRR Magic (Or just don't use all BRR magic, as long as you have at least one, you're fine)
6. Kill that wee stinker and perform the "Saving in game over glitch" (By doing Exit Game, Yes Please, No Save my game)
7. Load the save with the mask/easter egg item and open your inventory while walking to stinker to start a dialogue (In order to glitch your inventory to be open across saves
8. Load the save that you just made with the killed wee stinker, and you should observe the POV of the wee stinker that's near the exit.
9. Navigate the wee stinker to the exit, and when you hear the sound effect, click the mask/easter egg item, and save your game.
10. Repeat step 7
11. Load the save that you just made, and instantly click the mask/easter egg item and save your game again
12. Repeat until you complete the adventure (The wee stinker count drops to 0)
13. After you complete the adventure save the game, and load the save, You should have infinibrr magic across areas, adventures and pretty much anything.

After this setup was found I was curious if there are any other setups in all games that can be done for infinite magic, I was looking but I couldn't find any. Of course in MOFI/POTZ you can't have the magic across areas, but it would still be interesting find.

But then Billy Bob came to our original idea to manipulate the array and it happened that if you place BRR Pad/Floing Orb/Grow Flower they appear before the player in the array, and you know what? They have ID of -1. Perfect scenario. It happened later that Floing orbs and Grow Flowers are useless because they instantly gets destroyed, but the BRR pad on the other hand doesn't instantly get destroyed. It has an animation of disappearing and while its disappearing, you can use a custom item over gloves to delete it. So it happened that in all WA Games, you can use BRR Pad to have infinite magic. Basically:

1. Put a BRR Pad
2. Equip the magic that you want to have infinite amount
3. Have the gloves on top right
4. Save the game, load your save with the Mask/EasterEgg/FloingOrb/CreepyKeep item and glitch your inventory open with a stinker dialogue
5. Load the previous save, step on the brr pad, and right after the pad starts disappearing, click the custom item. Your gloves should now be gone and you can have unlimited magic from the one that you equipped

If you want to keep the gloves outside the adventure (If you do this in adventure of course, because it can be done in the hub too). You must restart adventure while walking towards the adventure star or just right before you complete the level goal, which will reset the player's inventory to the point the adventure was started.

With that said, now there's infinipop in WA1 across areas, in the River Crossings adventure there's pop and brr. And in WA1, again, the magic can be taken across areas and adventures.

Oh man... I wonder what else will get broken in the future :D
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: New WA Glitch: Infinite Magic (Works in All 3 games)

Post by billy bob » Mon May 09, 2022 5:46 am

Infinibrr saves time in the WA1 Any% No Adventure Skip Glitch category.

Wonderland Adventures Any% No ASG Speedrun - 18:15

The new discovery of using a custom item to delete the magic gloves takes place 16 minutes into the video. In Round and Round, I use The Pyramid's custom item on a deactivated Brr pad, deleting the magic gloves, letting me keep Brr magic for the rest of the run.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon May 09, 2022 6:16 pm

YOU DID IT AGAIN :stinkyhappy:

omw beating your no asg wr rn
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon May 09, 2022 6:24 pm

Oh here's also ANOTHER way to perform the glitch I haven't disclosured here.

In any level wlv/ Any Hub part/ Any Adventure - You can go to 0;0, 0;1, 1;0 or 1;1 and you can use the activator item over gloves there to delete them. As long as there's no frozen object in the area.

Why it works -> The player shadow is one of the last things in the array, and the player shadow is made to follow the player. But the shadow coordinates aren't set relative to the player, but rather at 0;0 of every single level. I found this while I was tinkering with weird phenomenon where Turtle shadows gets generated on loading the Turtle object instead of the level. So turtle shadows are the only ones that don't follow that criteria (Until the game is saved and loaded again). So going 1 block near 0, 0 (1;1 is the best one so far because a lot of levels have it non-suffocated). Using the item will reactivate the shadow, but won't have any visual effect whatsoever.

MOFI Early Infiniblink setup: At the level Colours of the Rainbow, I also tried BLINK Fast and The Tree of Life, but the 1;1 is suffocated.

Also I started making a video of all possible infini-magic setups in all games, and there are like 20 setups for each game, But I got too lazy to finish it. What I can say that we can get every single infinimagic possible.

Note:

In WA1 and WA3 there's no good way to retain the gloves (Apart from WA1 star magic infiniblink setup, which restores the area to previous state) Respawning the gloves respawns an "Item" not "Gloves". This is not the case in WA2 where the gloves are inside Pop Magic adventure and you can always restart-steal them.