WA2 New Glitch (again) - Probing the mystery items code

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

nasko222
Rainbow Master

WA2 New Glitch (again) - Probing the mystery items code

Post by nasko222 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:54 pm

So... I was rebuilding the whole 12 faces clock area because I was testing if its possible to add it in a custom hub (and yes it is possible)

But during testing I realized that when you put a mystery item into the correct spot, it doesn't make a sound effect.
But if it's wrong, it makes some dull sound effect.

It's that simple. You can save scum it and unlock the secret area in MOFI without knowing the code. Just by listening on the sound effects :D :D :D

Here's a video: https://youtu.be/axecBxoRBKU
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: WA2 New Glitch (again) - Probing the mystery items code

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:45 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:54 pm
So... I was rebuilding the whole 12 faces clock area because I was testing if its possible to add it in a custom hub (and yes it is possible)

But during testing I realized that when you put a mystery item into the correct spot, it doesn't make a sound effect.
But if it's wrong, it makes some dull sound effect.

It's that simple. You can save scum it and unlock the secret area in MOFI without knowing the code. Just by listening on the sound effects :D :D :D

Here's a video: https://youtu.be/axecBxoRBKU
This is a very useful find because getting the last set of coins and blue flower can be a time drag. It's not technically a glitch of the logic so much as an inevitable flaw of the design, but yeah, cheesing it is nice.

I suppose the logical fix is to add a sound for right and a sound for wrong and make them so similar that guesswork would get you confused.