[WonderArchive] - Project for archiving all WA Versions (Check it out)

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: [WonderArchive] - Project for archiving all WA Versions (Check it out)

Post by jdl » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:07 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:49 pm
Has anyone ever seen Wonderland v1.00 Full or Demo. This is one of the most mysterious ones on the list. The only thing that proves it's existance is the changelog saying its initial release. The next update v1.04 is a "Demo only" update meaning v1.00 demo also existed?.... I was curious if anyone remembers/has memories of seeing/playing Wonderland v1.00 It's the first ever release of a wonderland game, its iconic :stinkyhappy:
The demo files appear to have been hosted on Fileburst before switching over to the Midnight Synergy website.
Here is a list of Fileburst files that were archived by the Wayback Machine.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:46 pm

THIS IS REAL, I FOUND TOW V1.00 XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The installer was on a random FTP server. ive been googling really deep recently :stinkyhappy:
Last edited by nasko222 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:04 pm

Just a note - some of you had asked for the v080 level files (Legacy version) - these are now available as a separate link on the main Wonderland Archive page.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:47 pm

yooo thats poggers. Thanks patrick :stinkyhappy:
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:02 pm

It looks like none of my lost adventures were in that archive after all, unfortunately.
Oh well, it's still great to have these files found and put back out in the open.
Thanks Patrick! :stinkyhappy:
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:53 am

feels so good founding this archive project. I found so many interesting things. And it keeps on going.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:51 pm

I didn't want to bump here but...

BUMP

I found the ultimate MOFI/POTZ Editors on old usb drive. And working crashless version of Jafo's editor tools. Some of the files are modified and missing, but that's exiting find for me

This is the only version of the editor that i played in the past but i had it missing until now :D :stinkyhappy:

Last edited by nasko222 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:22 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:51 pm
I didn't want to bump here but...

BUMP

I found the ultimate MOFI/POTZ Editors on old usb drive. And working crashless version of Jafo's editor tools. Some of the files are modified and missing, but that's exiting find for me

This is the only version of the editor that i played in the past but i had it missing until now :D :stinkyhappy:
Nicely done.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:21 am

HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY WONDERLAND :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy:

And thanks to thr archive, the very first version of Wonderland (1.00) that was released exactly 20 years ago is available to play :D :D :D
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:55 am

The archiving scenery in 2023 starts AMAZING.

One of the testers (Com Rante) reached me and sent me MOFI Alpha, MOFI Editor and TON Of unused adventures :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy:

They are all archived in the database :D

Here are some unused adventure images.

Last edited by nasko222 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyndanera
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Cyndanera » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:00 am

There is also a old version of the jungle music in mp3 format
Cheers, Cyndanera
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:03 am

The wonderfalls music also sounds different i think
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:52 am

Another bump! :D

Making of the third MOFI beta/dev adventures volume, I got quite some more entries of unused/old content

here are few images

Thanks MS
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:30 am

I decided to share this fun journey here. We got like everything about Pre-Beta and developer versions of MOFI and yet we don't have Beta2 which was downloaded by the entire testing team. Beta2 is cursed :D :D

It was a playable Beta version of MOFI released on December 4th 2008 and it was actually hosted publicly (I'm not gonna tell where) for a week and then it was deleted. Anyone who had the link could download it. Sadly the wayback machine didn't had the time to save it.

There's even one of the testers mentioning that they downloaded the file 3 times due to corruption on their side so they had the file downloaded 3 tiles, its a cruel irony :D

There's even my friend Com Rante who played Beta2 for months after the release of MOFI because problems with the final game he had at the time.

I've got few variations of MOFI Beta1 and YET no one had the installer for Beta2, after all obscure alpha content you'd expect something that was played from everyone at least someone to have it but then no one did.

I've recreated Beta2 from all the changelog that I had between B1 and B2, and yesterday I got my hands on "beta2adventures.zip" which had few updated adventures. I actually guessed right few of the updates, which are the following

Pop Magic - It's like in the final version but there are 8 gems instead of 4, and the fire timer is changed and its almost impossible to get all of them
Grow Magic - There's a difference between the final version that I guessed right, due to a screenshot where a turtle walks below the stairs in the lower section. In the final version it was changed so the stairs are made of wall tiles, and in Beta1 the lower section wasn't expanded.
Jungle Creatures - This level was added in Beta2, replacing Red Crab Special, There was a mention how the flowers are very fast and difficult in Beta2. I didn't got the right timing but I was on the right track of making them faster

I took the Beta2 remake down because there could be other small differences that we don't know. I might bring it back up soon after I look through the files I got

TLDR: MOFI Beta2 is cursed, everyone played it back in the day, it was hosted publicly, no one has it now, after all the obscure MOFI content we got, we don't have the thing that everyone downloaded, its ironic and funny, but hey that's archivers' life for you :D
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:41 pm

I've documented all versions of all levels I could find (237) on my Excel table, check it out

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... S/htmlview#

Reminder, if you want to play the levels you have to sign up for the archive and i need to verify you in a PM

EDIT july 21: Now theyre 238
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:17 pm

MOFI beta2 has been sent to me by the man himself (Thank you so much patrick), its been so much time since the hunt for that version started!!

I was in a rush today but I will take more screenshots tomorrow

Also with some assistance we're going to start TCRF wiki for unused WA features and more, Im really looking forward for that WIKI
Attachments
20230724_001606.png
20230724_001606.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 4141 times
20230724_001622.png
20230724_001622.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 4145 times
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:30 pm

Today is the 10th anniversary of WA3 Beta1, I made this small art that contains few interesting images with obvious differences :stinkyhappy:
The game went through very high effort development and betatesting before it became the game we know and love today.

Last edited by nasko222 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:28 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:30 pm
Today is the 10th anniversary of WA3 Beta1, I made this small art that contains few interesting images with obvious differences :stinkyhappy:
The game went through very high effort development and betatesting before it became the game we know and love today.

And what differences exactly are those? I can see some, but not all of them. Could you put those images and the final images side-by-side?
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:45 pm

And what differences exactly are those? I can see some, but not all of them. Could you put those images and the final images side-by-side?

Crossing the data stream - Few different bridges and some NPCs have wrong destination
Uo - Spy eye not working
Closing Doors - the layout is kinda different, and you can sorta cheat the chompers too
Open the Blast Doors - The doors are placed more to the left, and you can easily walk fast and skip the puzzle
Flip and Spin - Different button placements, it has alternate solution with that (unintended)
Flash Frozen - no ice flower and the 1; 1 not being well blocked so ghost scritter is visible

I can make more images if you want, I haven't played WA3 Beta1 in few months and I don't remember most differences, but if you run a diff, literally every single adventure file is different, so yeah all adventures have been tweaked.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:03 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:45 pm

Crossing the data stream - Few different bridges and some NPCs have wrong destination
Uo - Spy eye not working
Closing Doors - the layout is kinda different, and you can sorta cheat the chompers too
Open the Blast Doors - The doors are placed more to the left, and you can easily walk fast and skip the puzzle
Flip and Spin - Different button placements, it has alternate solution with that (unintended)
Flash Frozen - no ice flower and the 1; 1 not being well blocked so ghost scritter is visible

I can make more images if you want, I haven't played WA3 Beta1 in few months and I don't remember most differences, but if you run a diff, literally every single adventure file is different, so yeah all adventures have been tweaked.
Thanks!
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:00 pm

TwingleTheScraggler wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:03 pm
Thanks!

ive been playing throughout the entire WA3 Beta1 for the 10th anniversary, i am currently at Jaava and Qwertyx, Tell me if you want to see anything in particular
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:05 pm

Here's something very interesting I discovered that the beta1 wg.exe is capable of

You can use flash magic inside floing bubbles (but its buggy a bit)

Video: https://naskogdps17.7m.pl/discord_reviv ... -00-10.mp4
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:25 am

I am planning to move the database out of discord soon, does anyone have any good suggestions? It should be secure enough so only people who are verified to have the games to have access for beta or old version material

Github doesnt work, files are too big
I think the entire archive goes well above 10 GB
Cyndanera
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Cyndanera » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:30 am

Wait what going on?
Cheers, Cyndanera
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:14 pm

Cyndanera wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:30 am
Wait what going on?
i am asking for alternative secure places to host the archive db
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:38 am

Mega.nz has both encryption and passwording but it is not 100% reliable imo, you need to be irontight with your copyright permissions.
I am not sure about the passwording ability of common storage hubs, but I believe MediaFire has passwording.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:38 pm

Hello!

25 March 2024 is a milestone for me, 10 years since I created my first PCPuzzle account, eventhough I browsed since like 2009, so I have something special and nostalgic as an archive update.

Apart from few MOFI adventures and texture stuff, floing grow waterfall etc I have a big package coming up, something that this time isn't from MS himself (if we exclude the fact he created wonderland of course lol) but from the entire pcpuzzle 2010-2012 community.

BEHOLD! The Unofficial MOFI Editor ULTIMATE Package.

Update: I forgot to mention how while looking for everything I noticed how many people back in the day were sad about the extinction of the hacked mofi editor, and its disappearence from dead links, so its very warming to have it all in one place, here. reimagined.

I have collected wg.exe modifications, Custom models, Tools like the legendary jafo1015 conversion tools and WOP makers and even calculators made on GameMaker (lol), Custom stinker accessories, Hubs like WA Community Project, Hub maker too... and TWO HECKIN TONS OF .WOP files

Most of the links were dead so I was searching in old laptops so I found some stuff there as well (but still not my levels)

And yes i know i know you dont need wops and stuff like that because you can make anything in the MNIKEditor these days, but lets take a moment to appreciate how we got here :D

Credit goes to the og ultimate h4x0rs (especially cbloopy lol) who created better MOFI editor than the original one (Sorry MS :D)

(And also including the POTZ editor upgrade which is just the POTZ .exe file, but this is mainly mofi)

Thanks for the fun pcpuzzle! (Edit: i made it sound like i am leaving wooops no im not hahahahaha())

For download, if youre in the discord, just check there when the time comes, if not ill put mediafire link (and not a discord cdn link :@@) here the next day!

Update, HERE ARE THE DOWNLOAD LINKS!!!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/exncilh2 ... r.zip/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2qsd2jha ... e.zip/file

The potz package needs to be placed on top of the mofi one, install the mofi one replace all files in directory and so on
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:01 pm

here you go the download links are here too! :stinkyhappy:

Unrelated but while doing the archiving stuff i found WA096_All_Textures.zip from mette's now dead page. There are 2 textures who have slight changes, this makes me believe the other 0.96 zips on her page also had differences, so i'll be looking for them now. I'm gonna ask around, MS had the 0.80 packages so it's likely they also have the 0.96 packages. If anyone else has any of them or from the RTW packages, please contact me here on DMs

here's link to the nutters page wayback machine, hover any of the links there to find out the name of the zip file.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080510064 ... utters.dk/