Curiosity regarding the level editor (Return to Wonderland)

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

TheWatchfulObserver

Curiosity regarding the level editor (Return to Wonderland)

Post by TheWatchfulObserver » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:01 am

I recently purchased the Midnight Synergy Collection DVD - Ultimate Edition and I am loving it so far. It feels great revisiting the games I played as a kid, and the Wonderland series will always hold a special place in my heart. In regards to Return to Wonderland, the feature of creating own levels is very nice but I do have some questions about it.

I've played some custom levels that take on a first-person perspective and I was wondering how to achieve this effect (bear in mind that I have yet to try my hand at the editor so I'm not yet sure about all that it's capable of) and I also wanted to know if in any other level whether or not it's possible to switch between first-person and top down bird's-eye view.

Lastly, if anyone could direct me to a detailed tutorial that talks about how to use the level editor to its full potential, I would very much appreciate it. :stinkyhappy:
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Curiosity regarding the level editor (Return to Wonderland)

Post by jdl » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:29 pm

Hello, welcome to the forum! :stinkyhappy:

The official Return to Wonderland Editor Manual can be found here: https://midnightsynergy.com/returntowon ... tormanual/

The 3D effect is applied by placing a single "3D" tile in a level. You can learn more by checking out the Tile Categories section of the manual.
There is no way to switch between normal and 3D camera modes in-game.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
TheWatchfulObserver

Re: Curiosity regarding the level editor (Return to Wonderland)

Post by TheWatchfulObserver » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:23 pm

jdl wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:29 pm
Hello, welcome to the forum! :stinkyhappy:

The official Return to Wonderland Editor Manual can be found here: https://midnightsynergy.com/returntowon ... tormanual/

The 3D effect is applied by placing a single "3D" tile in a level. You can learn more by checking out the Tile Categories section of the manual.
There is no way to switch between normal and 3D camera modes in-game.
Many thanks for linking the guide! I'll check it out and hopefully get inspired to make some levels of my own.