Accessing this site

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Accessing this site

Post by malcdelsol » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:41 pm

Hi Wonderlanders,

I am having real problems both getting onto this Forum and when I do
finally make it, accessing the posts etc.

I have to double or even treble click on everything to get the required screen up.

This all started last thursday morning and I get the same problem with both the main PcPuzzle and PcAction sites.

I can access all of my other favourite sites without problem ???

Is anyone else having problems ?????

Apologies if this gets posted a few time due to above problem !!!!!!!

Malcdelsol 8)
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:45 pm

This happens from time to time when a DNS change occurs, and your ISP is not very quick on its feet (perhaps you use a dedictaed proxy server from your ISP) - for example google.com works SLOW as hell for me when I use my ISP official cache so to speak, if i turn it off it works hella fast. Last week the site went DOWN/SLOW for a few hours, seems your ISP for some reason hasnt updated the route to the site with the fixed DNS, and your still going down the dodgy route to this site.
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:03 pm

Hi BIGZIPZ,

Thanks for your reply.

This could well be the case - ISP is Telefonica - HQ is Madrid.

As I said this all started last thursday morning - Sadly, where I live the updating of internet etc is the last thing on peoples minds at the mo.

I assume there is nowt that I can do about it ??

Malcdelsol 8)
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:42 pm

I assume there is nowt that I can do about it ??

Sadly using a different cache server for your http connections in all likelyhood wont help (assuming it is a problem at your ISP) since all http requests will at somestage pass through your isps routers to get to your computer, even if your using a 3rd party cache server.

But your right I dont think making wonderland forums load faster will be high on the spanish peeps priority list atm
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:15 pm

Hi BIGZIPZ,

I have been trying to get back onto this Forum again last evening and all day today (Monday) without success until about 10 mins ago.

Then for no reason that I know of, suddenly I tried again and it loaded in a flash :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never thought I would have withdrawal symptoms form a Web site !!

Anyway thanks again for your comments - I am hoping that Telefonica have done something that I don't know about and that my normal service has been resumed.

Malcdelsol 8)
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:15 pm

Hi BIGZIPZ,

I have been trying to get back onto this Forum again last evening and all day today (Monday) without success until about 10 mins ago.

Then for no reason that I know of, suddenly I tried again and it loaded in a flash :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway thanks again for your comments - I am hoping that Telefonica have done something that I don't know about and that my normal service has been resumed.

Malcdelsol 8)
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:16 pm

Hi BIGZIPZ,

Malcdelsol 8)