minor game engine bug in Wonderland I, World 2 Level 2?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

minor game engine bug in Wonderland I, World 2 Level 2?

Post by LinkyNStoof » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:22 am

This one is for the admins to forward to the game developers.

Try playing the conveyor belt section of that level as fast as you can (anticipate the next keystroke while you're still on a conveyor belt). Everything goes fine until at the lower right horizontal leg of conveyor belt (the last belt your block goes through before falling into water). At that leg, Stinky (or Loof, it doesn't matter) mysteriously dies for no apparent reason.

It's not a big deal, since it seems as long as you make a small pause on the piece of land before heading into said leg of conveyor belt, you'll be fine. But it's certainly odd behavior.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:27 am

Hi there,

you actually die if you are in motion and collide with a box in motion. Since the box goes around the corner it will move perpendicular to your own direction - hence the collision.

[BTW, would you mind if we changed your login name - just to avoid confusion with the "official" Stinky and Loof (who sometimes post around here). :) Just e-mail us or reply with another login name and I'll change it for you.]

Best,
Patrick
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:40 am

Midnight Synergy wrote:[BTW, would you mind if we changed your login name - just to avoid confusion with the "official" Stinky and Loof (who sometimes post around here). :) Just e-mail us or reply with another login name and I'll change it for you.]
Oh darn, I kinda like my login name, but alright...

LinkyNStoof, haha :D that's not too confusing I hope :wink:
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:46 am

LinkyNStoof wrote: Oh darn, I kinda like my login name, but alright...

LinkyNStoof, haha :D that's not too confusing I hope :wink:
Thanks and done! :) I mistyped it first and had you down as NinkyNStoof... which I guess would be the cousins of Stinky and Noof... and... er... ok, I think it's time I get some sleep. :shock: