Have you completed all the Wonderland levels?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Have you completed all the Wonderland levels?

Post by Dianna » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:22 pm

Just wondering if folks on the forum have managed to complete all the Wonderland levels. I still have not been able to complete Time is of the Essence because I can't get thru the last green gate, Bombs Alot because I can't walk the Kaboom (tho at least now I figure that's what I have to do based on a later level called (I think) Let's go for a Walk, which I also have not completed, or Get Ready, Set and Run, 'cause I'm just not fast enough. Stinky and Loof go stars on me before I can even figure out how to begin this one!
Old Lloyd
Bronze Wonderlander

Time is of the essence

Post by Old Lloyd » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:42 pm

I've completed all the levels of Wonderland except "Time is of the essence."

I've started "Return to Wonderland." I believe that World 2, Level 6, "Fire Pit" is impossible to solve. The 3rd square has no solution.

Has anyone solved either of these two puzzles?

Thanks,

Old Lloyd
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/1oldlloyd/journal.htm
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Completed levels

Post by DiscGolfer » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:08 pm

I only have the final level left in Wonderland.
I've completed 17 of the new RTW levels. "Fire Pit" is one I have completed. It's a little tricky at the end.
Old Lloyd
Bronze Wonderlander

Time is of the essence

Post by Old Lloyd » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:23 am

DiscGolfer:

What is the secret to "Time is of the Essence?"
I can never get through before the green gate(s) time out.

What's the secret to "Fire Pit?"

TIA,

Old Lloyd
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Fire Pit Solution

Post by Robbie » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:15 pm

G'Day from Australia OldLloyd,

Fire Pit was fairly straightforward unlike a lot of other levels, just a tad tricky but here it is...

1st room with the Pink Square
Stand in front of the middle coin,R,R,U,L,U,R,R,D,R,U,R,D,D,at the Pink Square,L,D,R,D,L,L,U,L,D,L,U,L and walk out

2nd room with the Green Square
Stand in front of the bottom coin,L,L,D,L,L,U,L,U,at the Green Square,R,L,U,R,U,R,R,D,D,R,U,R and walk out

3rd room with the Yellow Square
Stand in front of the left hand coin, U,L,U,U,R,U,L,U,R,R,at the Yellow Square,D,U,R,R,D,D,L,L,D,R,R,D,L,L and walk out

4th room and the exit
D,R,R,D,D,L,U,L,L,U,L,D,D,R,R,D,D and exit!
of course the rooms 1-3 can also be done in reverse & 4 mirror of the above path.

Cheers! :D
Old Lloyd
Bronze Wonderlander

Fire Pit

Post by Old Lloyd » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:31 pm

I finally realized my error in thinking:

Unlike all the other squares you can cross the button more than once. After I fiigured that out, the rest was easy.

Not so easy with "Time is of the Essence", though. I can't see any difference in timing with Scrouge. Stinky always ends up at the same place when the green gate closes.

Thanks for all the help.

BTW: my score on Wonderland (with a 1 for Time is of the Essence) is 279,281. I have no idea if that is good, bad or average. What have you all achieved?

Thanks again.

Old Lloyd
This is a great way to kill time and to keep you fingers and mind active.
kyleinatlanta

Post by kyleinatlanta » Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:49 pm

WOO HOO, I'm so proud of myself, I JUST finished all levels of RTW. Has anyone else completed it yet?
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:13 pm

I have, but I guess that doesn't count. :)

Congrats Kyle, I think you may well be the first to do it! Now get crackin' on those custom levels! :lol:

Btw, I'm going to start a new "Highscores" Thread, I would be curious to see how high people have scored in either Wonderland or Return To Wonderland.
BruceB
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by BruceB » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:25 am

kyleinatlanta wrote:WOO HOO, I'm so proud of myself, I JUST finished all levels of RTW. Has anyone else completed it yet?
Congrats! I still have several to go. Out of curiosity: how much did you rely on the online hints for RTW?
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:43 am

WOW, Kyle! Done already. Congratulations! And here I am still trying to finish Wonderland. Guess I'd better stop playing around with the level editor and start doing the really serious work of making my way thru the game levels! Still have two levels to go -- Let's go for a Walk and One More for the Road, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to walk the Kaboom, so I may have to take a "1" on that level. Who is the sadistic genius who made this level anyway? (Just let me get my hands on that person -- walk the Kaboom indeed!)
kyleinatlanta

Post by kyleinatlanta » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:25 am

Thanks Bruce. Well, the online hints really depended on my frustration level for the day. I would say I used them to solve between 10 and 12 levels.

Thank you Dianna! You know how addicting this game is though! My roommate always made fun of me, until I told him to give it a try. Now he is addicted. Heheheeee.

Good luck to all. I'm still here if you need me.
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:56 pm

YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!! :P :P :P
I have completed all of the levels in RTW, with the help of my middle school students.
The congratulatory graphics at the end are wonderful.
This is the best computer game I have ever played. I will now focus on designing custom levels. I have done a few already that have been stumping my students.
I love Midnight Synergy!!! :P
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:21 pm

DiscGolfer wrote:I have completed all of the levels in RTW, with the help of my middle school students.
I wasn't sure how to respond to this, but please be careful of copyright and piracy for Wonderland. (not implying that you aren't, but I thought I'd point out a few things just in case)

Your download is a single-user license, and while it's of course fine to have a copy on your home and your work computer, or to have several people play the game on the same computer, it would not be appropriate to give friends a copy for them to play on their computer, or put it on school computers where students can easily grab a copy and take it home with them.

In a school situation, if you wanted to use the game for logic and problem solving examples (which some teachers have done) you can contact us about a site license, or if it is just a quick demonstration of the game either only use the demo version of Wonderland, or ensure that all copies are uninstalled from computers after use.

This is a really difficult issue for us to handle. We obviously want everyone to enjoy the game as much as possible, and we love the fact that kids really get into this game and very quickly figure out some very useful problem solving skills. Just be aware though that games can spread very easily from person to person, and there can be fairly serious implications of piracy - including the inability for us to receive the financial support required to continue creating and supporting them.

Again - I just thought I would respond, hopefully without being to preachy. Don't know if I managed to do that. :?
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:59 pm

My students- 6th -8th grade special education students- play the game during their free time. It is an incredible reinforcer for them. They also have to keep their grades up in their other classes in order to be able to get on my computer(s).
I teach in two different buildings, and have installed it on both of those computers. I also installed it on my home computer. If that is a problem, I will be happy to send you some more renumeration. It certainly would be worth it.
I communicated with you about a year ago, to get some help with a few of the Wonderland levels, and I was full of praise for the way your games encourage my students to utilize logical progressions, common sense, patience, etc...
They are now all very excited about developing their own levels. My eighth graders started reading the tutorials today. Three of them asked to take home the tutorial guides I had assembled for them. They are going to read them over the weekend. I anticipate a few will end up buying the game, though their resources are limited.
I have not given, or sold the game to anyone. It is being used by many different people on my 2 computers at school, and at my home.
If this is a problem, please let me know.
:P
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:56 am

DiscGolfer wrote:I have not given, or sold the game to anyone. It is being used by many different people on my 2 computers at school, and at my home.
If this is a problem, please let me know.
:P

Post Edited (and aplogies for the little advertisment):

Please note that multi-user licensing rates are now in effect and available at very deep educational discounts. If you wish to install Wonderland or any other game on a network of computers for educational or other purposes, please contact us at through www.midnightsynergy.com for rates and terms.
Last edited by Midnight Synergy on Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:40 am

I'm not allowed to, nor would I, leave my students unattended. Anytime they play the game, at school, I am by their side. I wouldn't have it any other way. :)
"Mathematical Wonderland" and "Five Squared, Squared" made for three days of lesson plans and activities.
For "Mathematical Wonderland" they had to solve each of the math questions first, using a map I made of the level. When they had the questions answered correctly, they could get on the computer and use the newly acquired knowledge to get through the level in "real life".
They had to make their own maps for "Five Squared" and plot out a course, making sure that they always had a sufficient stash of boxes to make it through the level. The mantra for that lesson was "Don't give up more than you get"
Right now I'm going crazy because I can't install RTW on my home computer due to a problem with a "ddraw.dll" file. I have just drawn out a really neat section for a level, and can't get to my editor. I might just have to go to work tomorrow to satisfy my Wonderland craving.
What is a ddraw.dll? Is there a cure? I'm about ready to Kaboom this computer...
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:44 am

ddraw.dll is part of directX...

just go to www.microsoft.com/directx to update/re-install directX there.

(BTW, great ideas in your lessons!)
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:58 am

Thank you! I installed a plug-in, restarted and everything was OK.
Now, I can get to this idea I have for a really neat level where... :twisted: