New Level - Atlantis

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Carolyn
Rainbow Master

New Level - Atlantis

Post by Carolyn » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:46 pm

Poor Qookie has gotton lost in the lost city of Atlantis... I hope u all can help him find his way out... :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carolyn
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Re: New Level - Atlantis

Post by LinkyNStoof » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:03 pm

Carolyn wrote:Poor Qookie has gotton lost in the lost city of Atlantis... I hope u all can help him find his way out... :lol: :lol:
Looks interesting so far, but for some reason there's a glitch where after I put in 5 boulders into water, the boulder generator stops spitting out boulders! I'll try again and see what happens.
Carolyn
Rainbow Master

Post by Carolyn » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:11 pm

Hmmmm LinkyNStoof... I have played it a dozen times or more and I have never had that problem... r u sure u are putting the rocks in the water at the rite place? Beside the bird bath?
carolyn
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:11 pm

Looks like one of those "invisible box" levels. I apparently had to collect the coins first to make way for the invisible boulders.

Did you intend for all these glitches? It's getting a little too weird for me. I was pushing a powder keg into water and instead of sinking, it exploded and kill me! I think I'll let Qookie enjoy the Atlantis scenary for a while longer... :wink: :wink:
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:14 pm

alright, seems like I should be building the powder keg bridge more on the left side. Apparently if you push powder kegs on the same column as where that spiked floor is, it will cause the powder keg to explode sometimes.

Atlantis is haunted. :roll: :wink:
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:28 pm

More Wonderland wierdness.....disapearing boulders and kegs. invisible boxes in the coin room(but not until after the boulders are in the water) and- not wierd - but I couldn't find one bonus coin!

Altogether a fun level tho! As always. Thanks.

jg
lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Post by lgrapes » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:04 pm

I was confused at first and thought there was a glitch...but than it worked fine after some figuring out :!: :!: :!:

I found all of the coins and when I got to the end there was one blocked by a flame...Hmmmmm...got it finally :!:

Thanks for a great level Carolyn :D :D :D :D

Very sneaky twists and turns!

Lori
Martha's Vineyard and good friends...Life can not get much better!
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:40 pm

I had to do this a few times before getting round the 'glitch'.

Great level as usual Carolyn, just one complaint.........

YOU DIDN'T HAVE ME SITTING ON THE WALL! :shock:

Has the leprechaun been sacked????????????? :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:

Really enjoyed this, thanks.

M.A.D. :lol:
timothy2
Silver Wonderlander

Post by timothy2 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:39 pm

After I completed this level (with some difficulty), I read the above posts and now I'm getting really confused... I mean, is there a glitch or not???

I had never heard of the word, I had to look it up in the dictionary, but "glitch" seems to mean that something doesn't work in the way it's supposed to work. And therefore - I reason - glitches can't be intended.

But in this level there's a sign ("Wow! Where did the rock go?") that suggests that the boulders (and, later on, the kegs) were intended to be invisible. So, that's not a glitch, indeed it's more like an "invisible box" level. But WERE they actually intended to be invisible? If not, it could be a glitch. And was the boulder generator intended to stop spitting out boulders unless all the coins but one had been collected, or not?

As a potential future levelmaker (?), I'd just like to know. :?:
lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Post by lgrapes » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:55 pm

Hi Timothy2,

As my previous post stated I had no trouble once I figured out the proper sequence of events...I was able to solve this one without a "Glitch"...

I would give a hint but it is not my level therefore not my place to offer a hint unless Carolyn does not mind...

Lori :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Martha's Vineyard and good friends...Life can not get much better!
Carolyn
Rainbow Master

Post by Carolyn » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:05 pm

hi timothy.

There is a glitch.... for some odd reason when the rock (boulders) go in the water they disappear... same with the kegs... It has something to do with with using the edge of a level... without a wall... its just a fun glitch... but not supposed to be there... it just happened... so I worked with it... Hope u enjoyed the level... all the same and the glitch did not prevent u from finishing the level.... :lol: :lol:
carolyn
timothy2
Silver Wonderlander

Post by timothy2 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:48 pm

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for your answer! Indeed I managed to finish the level, and of course I liked it a lot! But I was just wondering what elements were intended to behave the way they did and what elements were not. This is mainly because I'm fully aware that sooner or later I should come up with a level as well, and I'm eager to learn from those who did so already. I feel VERY insecure...

I've liked your levels from the very beginning. Which brings me to the question: how come the "classic" levels you have uploaded between April 24 ("Dogs and cats") and June 16 ("A little one") have all disappeared? The posts are still there, but the download files are gone (including the "paperclip").

Please forgive me if this has been explained already in another thread on this forum, because I must have missed it then!
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:24 am

Oh I forgot to comment on your level, Carolyn! :oops:

I had the baulky boulder generator too, but I kicked it twice, and then it behaved. :lol:
I love the way this was laid out, and the job that the Kabooms had to do.
Another wonderful, attractive and fun to play level from you!
:lol: :lol:
ol'gramma
Carolyn
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:03 am

I'm having a HORRIBLE time with the boulder generator. I've tried it a few times, then suddenly I'm blocked off & so's the generator. VERY irritating because I always enjoy your levels! Maybe it's overheated. I'll give it a rest and try again in a while. :lol:
Majicaleetarina
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:14 am

YEAH!!!! I got it!!! :D

Yup, I'm worn out now.....very good level, lots of thinking to do.
After a little trial and error I got the boulder generator to do it's thing.
Clever girl, yes you are..................................................................... ............................... ..................................................................................
it seemed it mattered in the order I did things, to keep from getting 'blocked out' from an area.......very cool 'glitch' :D
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:24 am

So, I'm not alone in saying that I'm having problems with the boulder generator.

I played this level twice last night, and had not problems...uh...with the boulder I mean.

But when I went back tonight to try and get that last coin, I played the level 4 times, and each of the four times, it did the same thing. I rolled the five boulders into the water, and when I went to get the sixth boulder, it never appeared! :shock:

Very frustrating! :?

Great level though! Keep up the good work! :D
I'm not as think as you drunk I am...*Hic*

...I'm just a Blonde! :lol:
Dee
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Dee » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:40 pm

Thanks Carolyn,

I've played quite a few and this one was lots of fun with several challenges.

I only recently downloaded ByUser levels from Mette's website. I'm confused by the way some things are working in some levels. It certainly makes it more challenging when boulders disappear or areas become blocked off, or generators stop generating. I don't understand why, but it has added another challenge to the game.
Dee #1317 - Have a Wonderland Day!