New Level (Adv) - The Curse of Tutankhamun I

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

New Level (Adv) - The Curse of Tutankhamun I

Post by Lillie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:47 pm

I am starting a new series called "The Curse of Tutankhamun" :D

The texture I am using in this level is "Rockwall" by Anne Danner - thanks Annie :D
I am using some models made by Janet and Poopsie - thanks so much girls :P :P

Dare you enter the Tomb........................ :wink:

LILLIE663 - The Curse of Tutankhamun I :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lillie on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:56 pm

So glad to see you back Lillie, you have really been missed.

This was fun. I messed up with the boomer and the boxes but eventually got it right.
Pharoah Peeque is on his way to find the key and save his Queen Qookie. This sounds like a great series of levels, can't wait to play them all.
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:23 am

Welcome back, Lillie! :D
And this thrilling introduction to your new series! 8)
It was beautiful to behold and tombs of fun to play! :)
I especially relished your cryptic crypt. :twisted:
Last edited by Mark on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:17 am

I third that! Great fun, beautiful, love the models, messed up with the boomer (of course).

Soo soo glad yer back Sassypants!!!!! Thanks for this and I'm so looking forward to the next adventure in this series. Image
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Tyler
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Tyler » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:24 am

Thanks for the fun level :D It was easy but I kept forgetting to get the coins before I pushed the box on the button but I got it thanks.
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:41 am

This was such fun, Lillie. I'm glad to see you back and can't wait for the next level in this lovely series. Thanks for using my texture!
Anne
My List
Chickie
Rainbow Star

Post by Chickie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:23 am

I am so excited for this series. Welcome back. I too was fooled by the boomer, but now I am in search of the key to save the queen. Great level.
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Great, a new series. Can't wait to play the next ones :D
Pharaoh Peegue had it relatively easy to find the way to the exit, but I guess it'll become harder the further he gets on his quest.
Thanks for the fun :D
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:20 pm

Lillie, the textures on the models aren't showing up on my pc. I've tried other levels with models and they're ok. I've tried opening up the models in AC3D and the textures show up fine in there, so I saved them again from that but they still don't show up.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Just wondered if it might be a problem with how your pc is saving them since you had that trouble.
Pauline
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:26 pm

Dunno Poopsie - sorry about that! I can see them OK and they are in the model file folder? :? I did copy them over into a new folder but I thought I put all the textures in too? All I did was copy them - I didn't resize them - wouldn't know how! :mrgreen:

Anyone else having this problemo please? :(

Thanks all for playing and for your comments! Loving your avatar's - coolio! :mrgreen:

Yes Luzty - they should get a little harder as it goes on........... :twisted:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:04 pm

I've been testing things and it seems all my old models are showing up ok. Ones that are already in the game. But any new ones that I'm putting into the game now aren't.

I moved my RTW folder to my other drive a couple of weeks ago so I think it may be that. I'll try moving it back again and see if that works. If not I'll uninstall it and start again.
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:32 pm

Image Talk about a 'DOH' moment.

I moved the RTW folder back to my C drive, still didn't work. So I made a back up of all the data and textures, models etc., uninstalled the game and started again from scratch.

I only had the original RTW on disc, a deluxe update, and the platinum update. So I installed the deluxe one and then the platinum update. But the platinum update is meant to go on a later version than I had so I kept getting error messages.

In the end I put all the backed up data and stuff back into it, then the game worked but still no textures on the models. Although, strangely, one model I'd just sent you worked fine.

Then, while I was trying to explain what had happened to Chris, and thinking I might have to reinstall my AC3D too, I suddenly thought on to check the sizes of the jpg's.

Imagine my surprise (well shock and embarrassment) when I saw they were all, with the exception of the one that worked, the wrong sizes!!! So in the model file above there are 3 jpgs that are all the wrong sizes.

So......here's the model folder with the jpgs the right sizes for anyone who can't see them when they're the wrong sizes.

I don't know WHY I didn't think of it straight off, maybe because I sent them to you without testing them in the game first, but more likely because I'm GOING MENTAL!!!!!!! Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauline
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanks Poopypants - just edited my level post! :D

Was it my fault? :oops: :twisted: :wink:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:57 pm

No, Chuchiepants, it wasn't your fault at all. A lot of the old models have odd sized jpgs, and usually I know straight away they're wrong because I get an error when I open a level with em in, but for some reason I wasn't getting an error. Maybe that update with the bug fix for GeForce video cards stopped the error messages. I'll have to keep me eyes open in future. :wink:
Pauline
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:25 pm

Well, come to think of it I didn't see any models so I downloaded the new ones and opened up the level and there they were. Very nice.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:28 pm

The original version worked for me and Ty.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:16 pm

A new series? Excellent! :D

I had a moment here and there but only a few. This was fun and it had a great look. I'll look forward to the next installment!

Thanks L-P,
bob
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:06 am

Yeah .. I did it !! Image ... Great level - don't make em any harder sweet-cheeks - loved it :P

I got shot too many times :roll: and I had the kaboom doing something for me he shouldn't have been a couple of times but got gold in the end. Models worked fine too.

Looking forward to the next one !

Thanks

Kazza :) :)
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:54 am

I'm still having problems with the models, even with the "revised" version :?

Which I guess in the grand scheme doesn't really matter cause I'm having problems with the boomer too :oops:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:42 am

Well that can only be down to double folders or something like that. I see you've got an extra folder inside that one. Delete that and make sure there is only one folder. I can't think of any other reason for them not showing up, but then my brain just don't seem to be working right lately. :roll:

Ooh, just thought. If you downloaded the first model file then try deleting it before downloading the new one. Sometimes I've had problems with it not overwriting properly. :idea:
Pauline
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:55 am

As in any Egyptian mystery, it started so easy that I thought it belonged to kids-levels, but the last part beginning with the kaboom showed that the pharonite spirits are in control behind the scenes. Looking forward for more mysterious stuff.
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:26 pm

Thanks Poops, I did delete the first folder of models before I downloaded the second .. I'll try again .
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:15 pm

I'm so excited to see a Lillie level again. And the start of a new series!

What a treat! :D :D :D

This was lovely fun Lillie. I had a few problems with the tomb guardian, but soon got him sorted out.

Models showed up beautifully.

Looking forward to the next one!
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Thanks everyone for playing and for your comments! :D :D :D

Here is some help (for dumbo Laura) :lol: :lol: :lol: on the Kaboom part :D
Push the bottom wood box right 2 tiles and run up and stand on the left next to the barrel. Boomy will come out and turn right. As soon as it is safe, run down and push the top box up and right to trap the boomer on the green timer! Easy Peasy Pie :D
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:24 am

I figured that much out :P I seem to be lacking the proper number of items to cover all the buttons , I'm 1 brick short of a load, cause I can't get the red button covered :?
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:01 am

I seem to be lacking the proper number of items to cover all the buttons , I'm 1 brick short of a load, cause I can't get the red button covered
Don't waste more than one item on that cow!
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:36 pm

Mark sent me a lovely PM .. and I'm an idiot :oops:
Thanks Mark :D :D
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:39 pm

HEY BOB, I love your avatar ... that's Steve Martin :lol: :lol: :lol:
I saw him preform at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado.. laughed till I wet my pants, I did ... I did ImageImageImage
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:41 am

I have me gold, Tutti Lillie. Lobely level and it looks so nice.

Thanks Hon :lol: :lol:
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:32 pm

laura n. wrote:Mark sent me a lovely PM .. and I'm an idiot :oops:
Thanks Mark :D :D
I need a lovely PM too...Mark...or someone. :D :D (I'm stuck at the kaboom and nothing to cover the red button and I've always been an idiot, so no big deal there)

P&T (please & thanks) :mrgreen: