New Levels (adv) - The 'No' series

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Levels (adv) - The 'No' series

Post by bob roest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:10 am

I've been home for the last two days with a wicked cold. All better now but I ended up with all these levels I made. So I'm putting them out as a series...try not to get me confused with Lakeowl :D .

I don't think they're terribly hard but I hope they're fun. No.107 is my favourite.

Here are the texture makers, popo, Lucky-Luc and Loirae, thank-you! All levels seem to just pop a little more if the texture works with it!
I couldn't add popo's 'piazza' texture to this post because of the space allotments but I know you all have it.

As always, if you need any help...just give a holler'. :D

Edit: I'm sorry I uploaded a version of no.5 that was the wrong one. I think it's fixed. Hey!...you think it's easy posting a series, you do one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bob
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:41 am

Three fun and tricky levels, Bob.

105: Some quick moves needed. Found the item for yellow by accident.
106: Finished the first part, still struggling with the 2nd one. Either the Z-bot is shot too early, or it kills me, or it activates the timer in the wrong moment when I'm standing in the line of fire :twisted:
107: No problems at all except with that darn electro tile :twisted: Got my gold after several restarts.

Thanks a lot and get well soon :D
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:26 pm

105 OMG no freakin' way!

106 Great stuff no problems, same with 107. What's with you and electro tiles lately :evil:

You should get a cold more often hehehe This is fun. Back to #105 and I still haven't finished 100 or 104 Dangy man yer keepin' me busy!!!!

Thanks for the loads and loads of fun!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Lutz wrote:105: Some quick moves needed. Found the item for yellow by accident.
Really!? :shock:

What did you use?
bob
margmarg
Platinum Wonderlander

Success!!

Post by margmarg » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:26 pm

I have completed all 3. Great fun thanks, keep them coming! :D
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:33 pm

bob roest wrote:Really!? :shock:

What did you use?
A certain hidden item to cross the gate once. But in the end the button was uncovered :wink:
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:22 pm

:D :D :D So far just finished 107!
One word - Damnelectrotile! :twisted: :lol:
Cool red timer stuff, Thanks for the level.
Still have the other two to do, Get back to ya! :D :D :D
Keeks
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Bobster - your cold has certainly twisted your brain! :twisted: :twisted:

I can't do 105 at all. Will have to revisit it after a few stiff gin and tonics!

Just completed 106 :evil: :evil: :evil: This is how Stinky felt about that cannon after the 543rd try.

Now off to try 107.

Thanks for the fun. Hope you feel better. :stinkyhappy:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
pandybear
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by pandybear » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:17 pm

kiki wrote::D :D :D So far just finished 107!
One word - Damnelectrotile! :twisted: :lol:
My sentiments exactly!!!

I finally had some sticktoitiveness and finished 107 as well - It was a riot! I loved how everything fell into place so easily. But figuring out the direction to go after landing safely on the electrotile was my first of many restarts then realizing that I just had to run to get to the killer balls! Great level Bob! Can't wait to figure out the others!
Andy
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:23 pm

Loved 107 but really need some assistance on 105 perty please Mr. Fuzzy :wink:
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:51 am

Robbyn, I need more than that, where do you need assistance? :?

Oh and 107 is set-up so that you don't have to land on the electro-tile. :D
bob
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:35 am

Re 107: The only other place I could see to land was right in the middle of the Rainbow Gang! :twisted:
Anyway, I managed to land on the electro-tile when it was switched off about 1 try in 3 so that wasn't too bad. Once I'd figured out the right alley everything went smoothly.

I really enjoyed this one Bob! Thanks.

Re 105: I think I'm doing it wrong from the start because there's a Catch 22 situation with the 2 step bridge tile, the coins and the sphere for the white button. Either I can get the 2 coins in the middle or I can get the white button covered. I can't do both. So at the moment I go for getting the spheres sunk and rolling over the timers and covering the white button. Thought I could get the coins later but I can't.

Then I can't cover the green button either. Very confused Mr Warm & Fuzzy! :roll:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:51 am

Yep what Lizzie said :oops:

I can do several things but none of them seems to be right cuz I can't ever leave LOL! I can get some coins going one way first and then can't get others, then if I go the other way I can't get those coins by the first tramps UGH I'm lost hehehe
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:49 pm

107: after you push the boulder up it lands in the water-hole beside the electrotile (there is already a metal box in the water), now step on the conveyor and you end up in the metal box, from there slide right and tramp R, L, R.

105: forget the coins in the middle, you get them later with the middle raft on the left side, just follow the red sphere down and push it left then up, clear the white button and make your way left.

Hope that helps. :D
bob
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:57 pm

Just starting these Bob; sound like fun! :D :D (I'm having some computer troubles.) :?

Note to Pandybear - Did the B&B win the pretty trophy, or did you win a beauty contest? :D :D :D :D
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:31 pm

You've been a busy Bobster in the Editor! 8)

Very tricky levels mateypants! :twisted:

I got number 107 after a gazillion restarts - didn't see that safe jump to miss the electro at all until I came here to post - what a dork I am! :roll: I was trying to work out a convoluted tramp sequence - what was that tramp for by the barrel? :roll: Anyway, got this one finally - great fun! :D My children loved the rainbow playground :D They saw a lot of it as I had so many restarts much to their glee :twisted: :twisted:

I also got number 106 but not with the bonus coin in the dark blue gate - how on earhth do you keep the timer open please? :shock: Nice generator action in this one Action Man Bob! 8)

Can't do number 105 - how on earth you girlies are getting something on the white button is beyond my peabrain :roll: Help please right from the start - I get the spheres to roll left and some are keeping the timers open - then I am stuffed :twisted:

Thanks Action Man - muchos clever and muchos funola! :mrgreen:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:41 pm

Ah-ha...got all three of these.

105..I was doing it right to begin with but wasn't getting the desired results, then I had a brainstorm and thought maybe that second barrel was meant for the yellow button and discovered something that made more sense, after that the rest came together quite nicely.

106..The end made no sense to me till I realized I was killing off what I needed for the timer and stepping on a breaktile to soon , so I couldn't get to the exit. I only used the one prism in this one.

107..I was playing with that tramp and trying different jumps, I knew you couldn't be that mean to us. Found the right solution, took out the spirits and headed home.

So it was yes, yes, and again yes. Tricky and fun levels Bob, I enjoyed them....thank you.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:47 pm

105: Lillie, after you push the red sphere left just wait a bit until it's safe to step down and send the first red one back up. Two reds keep the timers going and the first comes back to land on the white button.

106: You keep the blue gate open by trapping the bottie using the two reflectors and a prism :evil:

107: That tramp was for the other yellow sphere.
bob
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:15 pm

If I push the red it goes up into the water at the start or smashes the rolling ones - should that breaktile still be intact so it rolls back onto the white whilst ALSO trying to get it to not smash the rolling ones? :shock: :oops: Could you just please tell me the first moves if you wouldn't mind coz I think I am doing it all wrong :(

Cheers big ears! :D

PS: Just got the bonus coin using the bottie on t'other level - thanks :D
pandybear
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by pandybear » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:50 pm

Dizzy1 wrote:Note to Pandybear - Did the B&B win the pretty trophy, or did you win a beauty contest? :D :D :D :D
That is me holding the Stanley Cup - I put this up in honour of the Detroit Red Wings! I got to hold the cup because the law firm I was working at did the Steve Stavro/Bill Ballard takeover of Maple Leaf Gardens, and anyone who worked on the transaction got to have their picture taken with the Stanley Cup - usually it was a big formal dinner - this was better!!!
Andy
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:35 pm

So cool Andy!!! Those Red Wings ROCKED DA HOUSE!!! I'm a bit of a Hockey fan and am sooooo jealous!

What goes on Green in #105 please?

Edit: Never mind I got it. These were GREAT Bobster, now I see you have another up!!!! Yipppieeeeeee

Thanks Fuzzy :wink:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:53 am

Finally did 105 - and I think that's my favourite. I spent enough time there to get really familiar with it! :lol: :lol: Order is absolutely vital with this one, and it took me ages to suss out the right way.

Excellent fun all three of them. Thanks so much Bobster! :D :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Finally got number 105 (thanks to help from Monica-ca-ca and da Bobster himself 8) )

Ya - order velly, velly important - tons of fun big man - merci :D
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Just now finished all three of these! :D Marinus and I, played them at the same time and talked via IM's (chat in google), so I sorta had a little help.

105: This was my favorite one. Loved the way to cover yellow. When we were playing, I said to Marinus, "I just can't see how to cover the yellow button!" He said, "LOL, that's the name of the level!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway, I actually figured out how to cover it, by myself....so I'm very proud. 8)

106: Probably the most difficult for me. I had to be, walked through, almost the entire level. :lol: :lol: Very tricky indeedy doody. :twisted:

107: So much fun! :D It seemed so easy at first, but I was either: electro-tiled, red-sphered, bouldered or spirited, no matter where I was! :shock: :lol: Loved it! :D

Loved all three of these. Sorry it took so long to finish them. :? You da clever one you are! 8)

Thanks for the FUN, Bob! :D

...and I'm off to a Wedding Shower now... :) (not so much fun as your levels) :lol:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:47 pm

This was real fun! :D Three times fun and for we played these together it was six times fun. :D

#105 Dizzy told me: I've yellow covered. You have to do this with the yellow sphere and this travelator such and the other so... I thought: What yellow spere? Never seen a yellow sphere :roll: But after that everything came almost automaticly on the right place. :D

#106 The first part was funny, almost automatic. :D But I had some problems to save the bot. To keep it prisoned I also only needed the 2 reflectors, so I didn't need one of the prisms. And I wonder what for the conveyor/button/blue man were :?

#107 I didn't think good enough about the jumps so I also landed on the electrics. To pass those red spheres was a little problem too but finally the exit was in sight. Then there was some problem with the engine, the red gate was closed.

But as I said: It was fun. real fun. Very creative and genius stuff Bob! Thanks! :D

And Dizzy Dear, it was a pleasure to me Thanks! :P