New Level (adv) - Mystery of the Moor 9

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level (adv) - Mystery of the Moor 9

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:40 am

448LIZM - Mystery of the Moor 9

Next in the series. Have fun! :D :D

If you need the Dartmoor texture, download here:

http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16176
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Another mystery solved :stinkyhappy:
Qookie was the one to leave early and Stinky and Peegue had to do all the work...
Ace teamwork level. Needed a while to know what to put where.
Tricky and fun, thanks :D
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:38 pm

I was the first to download this morning......
I'm stuck at the yellow timer and Stinky's waiting at the gate. I know it's to early for a hint but you could PM me one...please.

EDIT: Never mind I figured out something.........still working on it... :lol:
Last edited by uneekrose on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:27 pm

I had Peegue leave first hehehe and somethin' weird happened...I'll PM ya Lizzie.

Edit: Ok so anyway, I couldn't figure out how to get the coin in the yellow gate for the longest time! Finally got my spheres going the right way and it all fell into place. Either I'm a goober or Lizzie, you had some great misdirection goin' on here.

This was super puzzlin' action. Loved it! Thanks again cutie!!!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:15 am

This was so much fun once I got everyone going the right direction. A lot of misdirection going on. I don't know how many times I sent Stinky thru that tp just so he could jump into a wall. I liked the cannon and cube part.
Just for the heck of it I went back and had Peeque exit first but nothing weird happened. Great level...thank you Liz.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:53 am

:D :D :D Fantastic teamwork level Liz, Qookie did her part and split the scene to get an early start looking for Loof.
Every part of this was ace puzzle after another.
Had loads of fun solving it, Thanks matey! :D :D :D
Keeks
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:33 pm

Yep, major misdirection I'd say. And once I get an idea in my head it's hard to change my mind! Image Brilliant Liz, thanks!
It's a Wonderfull life
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:48 pm

kiki wrote::D :D :D Fantastic teamwork level Liz, Qookie did her part and split the scene to get an early start looking for Loof.
Every part of this was ace puzzle after another.
Had loads of fun solving it, Thanks matey! :D :D :D
I completely agree with that! :D

I also tried to let Peeg first leave but nothing weird happened too then. So what did you mean Robyn?

But there is something I completely don't understand. When Stinky pushes the plasma to the coin on the ice and to the ghost, how the heck is it possible that the plasma goes through the coin? It only happens at the moment the ghost is where the coin is, so is the coin ignored then? Just the same way as when 2 things are inside each other and Stinky pushes one of them and walks THROUGH the other thing, so the othere thing is ignored at that moment?
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:27 pm

I guess I wasn't clear about the "weird" thing. Peegue leaving first had nothing to do with the weird thing. I was just commenting that I had Peegue leave first not Qookie.

At first I had left without a coin but did have all the bonus coins. I got a gold star. I didn't know that you could leave without all the coins but still get a gold star. I guess the gold star only comes from having bonus coins and rainbow coins have nothing to do with that. That was the weird thing.

That cube and ghost thing might be considered a glitch or just the way things work. At certain times a boulder can go through a coin with a ghost as well. I think it was Kiki's 100th maybe, that that was part of the level.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Thank you Robyn :D

I think you're right about the gold star. You get a gold star when you have all bonuscoins. The rainbow coins are just to open the gate, you don't even get points for them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:24 am

Got it! Great level, Liz. Struggled with the red and white button for a bit, but persevered and got the gold.
Anne
My List
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:31 pm

This was another fun one Liz. Not too tough but a few moves kept the thinking cap on tightly. :D

I see no. 10 just popped up, off to give it a go!

Thanks,
bob
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:43 pm

This was a hard one - took me a couple of hours: great teamwork - thanks!
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:18 pm

Ace teamwork level, and nice sphere action 8) 8)

I think I spent the most time with the spheres :roll: just couldn't decide where I wanted them to go but once I did..moved right along till I got to the red/white button area. :shock: that took a few tries to figure out Image and the duo left with the gold. Qookie was already dozing waiting for the boys to finish their work. :lol: :lol:

Thank you :D :P :D :P
Cathy
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Could I please have some help with the blue sphere's :( :D :P
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:03 pm

Well, I call them green but maybe this helps :D
Push the right one down, then the lower of the 2 on the left also goes down. Let one of the 2 people run from yellow timer through yellow gate to the upper breaktile (a woodbox should be instead of lower breaktile) Then push sphere up and quickly 1 step right. Push spehre left into leftmost water, second one up and the same way, third one should go LATER through the lower yellow gate, then all the way left, up and finally forth and back over the both yellow timers
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:08 am

Marinus, that's not at all what I intended for the green spheres, but a very ingenious way of going about it.

This is my way - I which is easy peasy for the spheres, but the whole cannon/prism action is a bit tricky! 8)

How to do the whole green spheres/yellow button part

I shall just say the character names that I use. Peegue leaves, having built a pink bridge up to the exit. Qookie goes up and right to collect the coin above the yellow gate, and she waits there.

Stinky tramps D, D, D, R to land on the break tile above the clock.
1 wooden box for flame. Prism in water, second box in water.
Cross bridge and push wooden box round ice curve into water. You now need to complete the second half of the bridge with prisms.
Take the coins from the cannon when safe and wait until the cannon has destroyed the boxes up there. It's safe to wait on the wooden box below the 2 black TPs. When the cannon has fired, go up thru the TP and quickly push the prism down into the water. Repeat. When ready, take the 2 coins in the wall above the generator. Next time the cannon fires, the newly generated prism stops the generator. Get bonus coin and cross newly made bridge.

Push the green spheres right and step down quickly out of the way. Push the other 2 spheres up into the water as a bridge for Qookie. She is now free.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:25 am

Well, I think that's interesting. :D I completely didn't see that. I don't know if my way is ingenious, thanks anyway, but I was just letting Peegue practice some tramp jumps, and the first time he made a save landing it was:
just above the gen, where the coin is. Then Stinky did the more extended jump, the one you intended.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:50 am

Thanks guys and girls for the help - finally got this one this morning! :D

Brilliant level Lizzie - every puzzle was fab and tricky and brill! 8)
Loved the last room with the white and red buttons - top notch! 8)

Thanks darling - on to numero 10! :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
CL300678
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by CL300678 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Can someone help me withe the gost/icecube-part at he end please. I always have one button left uncovered so I can't exit.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:58 am

I'll do a walkthrough today ... hang on folks! :wink:

EDIT: Here's the walkthrough. The whole thing with the ghost and the coin is a glitch which Kiki found some while ago. When a ghost is passing through a coin you can get another object to go through at the same time.
Stinky stands on button and Peegue pushes box into water. When the ghost is moving up past the wall, push the ice cube and jump. The ice cube goes through the coin, smashing the ghost at the same time. Peegue tramps down and right.

Stinky pushes pink cube right and Peegue pushes it into the water. Repeat with Qookie. Peegue then exits and opens the green gate.

Qookie goes up and right to collect the coin above the yellow gate, and she waits there.

Stinky tramps D, D, D, R to land on the break tile above the clock.

1 wooden box for flame. Prism in water, second box in water.
Cross bridge and push wooden box round ice curve into water. You now need to complete the second half of the bridge with prisms.

Take the coins from the cannon when safe and wait until the cannon has destroyed the boxes up there. It's safe to wait on the wooden box below the 2 black TPs. When the cannon has fired, go up thru the TP and quickly push the prism down into the water. Repeat. When ready, take the 2 coins in the wall above the generator. Next time the cannon fires, the newly generated prism stops the generator. Get bonus coin and cross newly made bridge.

Push the green spheres right and step down quickly out of the way. Push the other 2 spheres up into the water as a bridge for Qookie. She is now free.

Qookie walks down through the bottom gate and slides left into the box. Step up and walk left, filling the waterholes with the boxes and pushing the first box right to fill the last waterhole.

Walk right and push the ice cube up to smash the ghost, stepping down out of the way. Step on/off the red button to smash the cube in the red gate. Push the ice cube up the ice again and step left to get the bonus coin. Push the cube onto the red button and side up the ice into the alcove opposite the white button.

Stinky pushes the cube up and quickly steps left onto the red button. Qookie pushes the cube onto the white button and slides down into the bonus coin alcove.

Stinky now goes back for the cannon. Take the upper bridge and avoid the sphere and cannon fire. Push the cannon down and round to blow the barrel and push the cannon above Qookie. Collect the time and coin. Qookie pushes the cannon onto the red button.

Both can now exit, one taking the high road through the caves and the other across the bridge and pushing the final box for the exit.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
CL300678
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by CL300678 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:31 pm

Thank you so much Lizzy! I always didn't see, to use the cannon for the button :mrgreen: