New Level - Loof And The Blue Button

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level - Loof And The Blue Button

Post by kiki » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:32 pm

:D :D :D This level should be kinda easy, I think! It has gone thru some major metamorphosis.
I thought it was too much of a stinker before so I toned it down, You really don't have to bother with the blue button in this final version so have fun.
If there are multiple solutions I wont be surprised. :roll: :D :D

KIKI765
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keeks
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:25 am

Ok so at the time of this post there have been 34 downloads of this level and not a single posting before this one :shock: :shock: :shock:

Keeks what the heck are ya tryin' to do to us?!

Here's where I'm at and just don't see a path to move on:
I have my buttons covered, grabbed the coins in the pink, got my boomer circling, killed off my spirit and have collected all the rainbow coins. Now I'm stuck, the only path I seem to have is one that dumps me into the ice next to the box that's on the blue button.
HELP!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Honeybee
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Honeybee » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:49 am

I'm thinking that it is important that the blue ball go on the aqua button rather than a clear one.
...those are not red fish, they are Honeybees!!!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:54 am

:D :D :D A wee hint to get going.
First open the gate as the boomer walks by then hurry and get the coins as it steps on the pink buttons.
Then let it destroy itself and a few items to make room.
all grey boulders need to be pushed into the drink and the sphere is for the button. :wink:
:D :D :D
Keeks
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:24 am

I had figured out that first part (my way was much more complicated than yours btw), and have done it many times, however:
only once did the boulder generator build a bridge, the rest of the times it just smashes boulders on the coins. I'm assuming the rainbow spirit has to gather those two coins to the right, but don't know what I did differently that one time to make it happen.
Edit: nevermind...got it to work again, and got to the finish line. Very tricky Mr. Keekster Sir!
It's a Wonderfull life
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:36 am

:D :D :D The way I do it is to let the rainbow dude out first then activate the boulder gen.
Works every time for me.
This level almost made the scrap heep and now I think that's where it should have went. :oops:
Keeks
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:45 am

kiki wrote::D :D :D The way I do it is to let the rainbow dude out first then activate the boulder gen.
Works every time for me.
Yeah I finally realized that I was probably doing it in the wrong order most of the time.
kiki wrote:This level almost made the scrap heep and now I think that's where it should have went. :oops:
No no no, twas brilliant! Image I'm just glad that was just the "toned down" version! :lol: :shock:
It's a Wonderfull life
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:37 am

Keeks - you think this is easy. I think this is the hardest of all the Blue Loof levels so far. :shock: :o :shock:

I could always build a boulder bridge, but a rainbow spirit was in the bottom right room and I couldn't get in there without getting killed. :twisted:

Finally I came and read some hints and then tried activating the boulder gen after letting out the rainbow spirit. Miraculously the bottom room was clear and I made it to the end. :D :D

Yowza - if this is easy, what have you got up your sleeve next? :stinkyhappy:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:04 pm

Ok I've read all that and I haven't tried it yet but what keeps pink open then? I see a pink gate over yonder and thought I needed the boomer to keep that goin' :? And the spirit dies as soon as it goes down if I don't let the boomer blow up by the blue.

I'm very confoozled :cry:
Last edited by rescuefire on Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:13 pm

Liz Mayhew wrote:Finally I came and read some hints and then tried activating the boulder gen after letting out the rainbow spirit. Miraculously the bottom room was clear and I made it to the end. :D :D
He never miraculously disappeared for me. I somehow miraculously timed my entry into that room perfectly and avoided the dude, and the boulder hot on my heels destroyed him. (glad I didn't have to try that part again tho)

Robyn, the pink gate stayed open, but I'm not sure how...I was too busy running outta there to notice! Image
It's a Wonderfull life
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:20 pm

Ah haaaaaaaaaaaa ya lil stinker you! Thanks Laurie, I quit worryin' about it then. I too got stuck with that little rainbow guy down in the right corner about 4 times and just couldn't time it right. Finally one time he was gone! I grabbed all the gold and got outta there! Found the pink button in the process too LOL

This was great Keeks and I'm glad it didn't end up in the junk pile! How many ya got in that junk pile of yours? Maybe ya should post em anyway, we're a crazy bunch we may love em!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:16 pm

The first room has been a right mess. But thanks to your hint I got started and enjoyed the rest of the level very much. Found all the hidden stuff and got home with gold.

P.S. There's no problem with a spirit in the bottom right room when you're not too greedy :wink:
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:48 pm

Not too many problems with this Keeks aside from a certain pink gate dance of death and a search for an extra coin! :D

Great stuff, thank-ya!
bob
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:58 pm

Robyn wrote:I'm glad it didn't end up in the junk pile! How many ya got in that junk pile of yours? Maybe ya should post em anyway, we're a crazy bunch we may love em!
Sorry Robyn, They don't last long.
When I start a new level any old one that doesn't have a file name gets overwritten.
I only give the levels a KIKI# when its ready to post, Then when I start on a new level the old practice one is history. :D :D :D
Keeks
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:00 pm

:cry:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level - Loof And The Blue Button

Post by Marinus » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:04 pm

kiki wrote::D :D :D This level should be kinda easy, I think!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have not decided yet if I want to know a level what you call "kinda difficult" 8)

First I was still messing with the plasmacube as stopper for the boulders before letting the kaboom out. Then I looked in the editor. After that I was still messing with the plasmacube as stopper for the boulders before letting the kaboom out. Then I looked in the editor again. Then I was messing a long time all over the level but finally I finished. Then I read all in this topic and yes; then it seems so easy all :roll: 8)

Thanks for this great level!! :D :D :D
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:33 am

Had a bit of trouble getting my boulders where they needed to go but finally sussed it out. I did the same as wonderfull and scooted in there with a boulder hot on Loof's heels. He went to the right and boulder hit the spirit just in the nick of time.
Fun one keeks...thanks
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Just dropped in to say, "I've been working on this one for four, four for, fore? :? days! I keep getting back-whacked (side-tracked or whatever that word is...) :lol: Great fun trying though; I'll get it! Oh yes, I'll get it! :D :D :D
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Dizzy1 wrote: I'll get it! Oh yes, I'll get it! :D :D :D
I GOT it! :D :D :D (well ofcourse Romeo :P helped me, duh!) :lol:

Kiki, this was so great!!! :D :D :D You are a trickster you are!! The things I found by myself were: The boulders and the blue sphere (found them, but...?), the pink buttons (found those too, but again....?), the box generator....? and the one last bonus coin (I really did find this and knew what to do with it...I grabbed it!). :D :D :D

THANKS Mr. Genius! :D :D That was FUN! :D
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:23 pm

I can either keep the pink or the blue gate opened at the end. How do you keep both opened to be able to exit? May I have help, please?
Anne
My List
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Anne,
go through the blue tp from the right, there's a secret button that will open the pink gate.
bob
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:14 am

To Bob,

Oh, AKKK! I didn't think about a
hidden wall!!!
Thanks!

[Edit] Yep, yep, yep! Finally got this one. Thanks for the challenging level, Kiki! Thanks for the help, Bob!!
Anne
My List
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:43 am

Challenging indeed. Thanks Kiki!
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:27 pm

This one should have been called "Loof and the Pink Button".
I had no problem covering the blue button. It actually covered itself.
The problem was not knowing there was another pink lurking about.
A well-hidden and not easy to reach pink button. :evil:
Otherwise the rest of the level played fair and was easy.

Thanks Kiki! :)
Mark