New Level (Adv) - Loof's Exercise

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
GrimUni

New Level (Adv) - Loof's Exercise

Post by GrimUni » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:55 am

Hi everyone, this is a 14x14 level, it's not hard but I hope it isn't too easy; it involves trampolines so happy jumping :wink:

EDIT: :D There are two solutions, dunc found another one so you can try to solve it two ways (they are both described below) :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GrimUni on Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:35 am

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :stinkyhappy:

This was an excellent level to start with! Great level design and a really smart texture too - I loved the hedge wall 8)

A really good jumping puzzle, coupled with some excellent crumble-tile puzzles too :D It took me many tries to sort out all my moves :twisted:

Loved it and look forward to more from you - many thanks :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:08 pm

Welcome aboard, GrimUni :D

Clever first level. Found the jump to the exit very fast but needed a long time to collect all the coins and then going back to the starting point was another question. Fun and tricky challenge and a nice texture, too. Thanks a lot :D
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Loof's Exercise

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:38 pm

Welcome to the Forum!!
Wow what a treat we got from your first level!! This was Very Cleverly done and I enjoyed your texture as well.

I also look forward to more levels :D :D
Cathy
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:30 am

:D :D :D Welcome to the forum GrimUni! What a humdinger of a first level, excellent jumping mixed in with some clever break tiles and box work, Took me several restarts to get it all sorted. Look forward to many more level creations from you, I'd say that your off to a good start. Thanks and carry on. :D :D :D
Keeks
moshposh
Rainbow Seeker

Post by moshposh » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:27 am

:D :D :D WELCOME TO THE FORUM
kiki wrote:What a humdinger of a first level
Yes it is! :D :D :D
(\_/)must copy this cute bunny onto siggy.
(0.0)
(> <)btw, its moshe, not mp or moshposh.
GrimUni

Post by GrimUni » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:54 am

Thanks for your kind welcomes :)
I joined this forum a while ago *points at date joined* but kind of forgot all about it. But then after finishing all the Wonderland games I started downloading some of the levels posted here, you people are great level makers :wink:
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:35 pm

Welcome to the forum! This was a great puzzler and took many tries to get through! Awesome start to level making, hope to see many more from you!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:22 am

I must be the only one who don't see it at all. :roll: But then, again, guess that's what some people get playing MY levels!
A little help please. :D
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:26 pm

wow - an astounding first level :D

great to look at and great fun to play - at first i thought it was going to be very easy, i couldn't have been further away from the truth!

after i realised it wasn't that easy, it still didn't look like it was going to be too hard with my 2nd plan, after many restarts i gave up that idea :shock: and had a total rethink on how to use the boxes.

difficult, but not a real stinker, i thought, but again, i kept coming up stumped :x

eventually i had another total rethink and tried a completely unexpected first move, after that, i muddled through and even had a box to spare! 8)

welcome to the forum grimuni, you've certainly set yourself a high standard to keep up :twisted:

muz - i'm sure there must be a couple of decent clues there for you! :wink:
a person who never made a mistake never made anything!
GrimUni

Post by GrimUni » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:15 am

For muzozavr (I like your name by the way) and if anyone else is stuck, here's a little walkthrough:

Start your first jump-around (you'll do it twice); jump in a counterclockwise direction, but before you land on the 9th trampoline start pressing the up arrow.
Now push the two boulders in the water and go hide in the fake wall, but pick up the bonus coin before the fifth boulder comes.
After that go down and right and use the last trampoline to get to the part where the boxes are. Once there first go destroy the three bridges and then use three boxes to create a permanent bridge there (a tree might help you with your third box :wink: ).
Now collect the coin and go back down one tile and to the left to pick up the other coins (use a trampoline to get the six coins on the breakable bridges).
All there's left to do now is to go jumping again:)
you've certainly set yourself a high standard to keep up
<- yikes :)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:35 am

Thank you! Why didn't I think of that? Will try a bit later.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:49 am

Yes, welcome! the was a great puzzler!. Ditto what they all said cause I can't say it any better. :oops: :D
Loirae
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am

GrimUni wrote:For muzozavr (I like your name by the way) and if anyone else is stuck, here's a little walkthrough:

Start your first jump-around (you'll do it twice); jump in a counterclockwise direction, but before you land on the 9th trampoline start pressing the up arrow.
Now push the two boulders in the water and go hide in the fake wall, but pick up the bonus coin before the fifth boulder comes.
After that go down and right and use the last trampoline to get to the part where the boxes are. Once there first go destroy the three bridges and then use three boxes to create a permanent bridge there (a tree might help you with your third box :wink: ).
Now collect the coin and go back down one tile and to the left to pick up the other coins (use a trampoline to get the six coins on the breakable bridges).
All there's left to do now is to go jumping again:)
you've certainly set yourself a high standard to keep up
<- yikes :)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: oops! sorry muz, i hope my hint didn't keep you up all night :P

i've just tried this method and it seems so easy now :oops: but i was trying to do something like this for the longest time and for some reason i could never get back to the start and collect all the bonus coins :? :?

after many many failures i decided i needed to use the boxes differently, and i found another way. my first move was to go above the first tramp, tramp down to the first coin and then back up to the start, then i did the boulders as you said, but i then pushed two boxes down but not right to the bottom, i pushed them over the tramp, one on top of the other, then went down and pushed one box up next to the bonus coin, then i went back round and collected the rest of the coins, and on my way back round to the start i pushed the box into the water just below the initial tramp and hey presto i was back at the start with all the coins collected.

for the life of me, i can't understand why i didn't find the intended solution first, i had enough tries :lol:

mind you, two solutions isn't bad at all, when i posted my first level, i was sure there was only one solution, i think the wonderlanders found about seven :shock: :D
a person who never made a mistake never made anything!
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:46 pm

A great first level, Grim! I really enjoyed figuring it out. Very clever! Thanks for all the fun! :D

I think I did it the same way as Dunc. Never used the third box.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:16 pm

Very good, very tricky! Didn't need the spoilers, just a few dozen restarts and my thinking cap!

Thanks for this,
bob
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:52 pm

Really enjoyed this level Grim. I never would have got it without your solution though. I did try then had to come and see what other's had to say. Great 1st level, I look forward to more. Loved the texture.
Roofless
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Roofless » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:37 pm

GrimUni, this is a fine level. Needed your hint to get through, but still had fun. Thanks.
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:41 pm

GrimUni, this was a great first level, and I really loved the texture with it! I solved it the way you described, which really surprised me, because I thought for sure that was the "cheating" way. Good to know I did it the way intended.

I certainly hope to see more levels from you! Thanks!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level (Adv) - Loof's Exercise

Post by Jutomi » Tue May 28, 2024 8:45 pm

Here I thought you must have been an alias of someone else :lol: This was really a good level! Took me a few tries to figure out how the heck anything worked :P

Here's my video solution~ Many thanks :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level (Adv) - Loof's Exercise

Post by Amnon » Wed May 29, 2024 4:38 am

Yes, a nice level - took me some tries: thanks for the fun!