New Level - bobsno1

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Level - bobsno1

Post by bob roest » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:46 pm

My first attempt, not overly original, but I'm still crawling
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bob
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Re: New Level - bobsno1

Post by Bearsland » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:07 pm

bob roest wrote:but I'm still crawling
Oh no, you're not. This is a quite excellent level for a first attempt.

Brilliant, well done!!!
Teri1255
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Teri1255 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:26 am

This may be your first attempt, but it's been my 101th attempt at trying to get through it without cheating or asking for hints. Keep up the good work!! :)
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:19 am

Boy this was a tricky one. I am no good at judging Rainbow Spirits, so most of the times I had everything ready, and opened the gates, it came out and went right for me. :lol:

I think I did this 102 times before I got it! :shock:

Thanks. :lol:

This was very nice, you can walk now :wink:
Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:02 pm

Well Bob - I'm really impressed with your first level. Quite daring of you to use a rainbow spirit. I always find them very difficult to control. This level was tricky and took quite a few tries to manage it. Cleverly done.

I'm so glad you decided to join the level makers. Looking forward to your next one. :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:28 pm

:D :D :D Howdy Bob. Welcome to the forum! This was one tough level to crack, Excellent first, I'll have to agree with Liz. It was very daring of you to use the Rainbow Spirit on your first level, You pulled it off nicely, Look forward to more challenges from you. :D :D :D
Keeks
Teri1255
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Teri1255 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:33 pm

Well, BOB, I FINALLY got it!! VERY, VERY tricky, and I agree with Liz and KIKI that it was indeed very daring to use a Rainbow Spirit on your first attempt. BRAVO!! 8)
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:37 pm

Hi Bob - WELCOME to the Forum and to level making :P :P :P

What a brilliant level! This took me many, many, many tries :twisted: First the Kabooms kept smashing up my wooden box - then the spirit must have been drunk because he wasn't always going in the same direction - and was heading for a keg of beer more times than not! :twisted:

Great fun and a very tricky level - thanks Bob! Will definately look forward to your next creation - well done :P
Lillie
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:21 pm

I have yet to make the rainbow spirit go where he needs to. Darn spirit! You did a great job on your first level! Please make more and make us work for them!
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:42 pm

Welcome to the forum Bob!! This is a pretty hard level for me so far but I will get it! Hope you stay around and make more levels!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:12 pm

What a great starter :shock: :D
Very clever thought out and I had to play it dozens of times until I finally could finish it. Thanks for the fun and the challenge and make some more please :D
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:40 pm

Bob I disagree, I thought this was truly original and very well thought out, an excellent first level. I had to give it a few tries until luck was on my side - superb fun

Can't wait for Bob's No.2 .. don't keep us hanging too long :D

Many thanks and welcome

Kazza :) :)
Amadeus!
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Amadeus! » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:39 am

Hey Bob!

You are in no way crawling... But I sure was!!!
This was a fantastic first level!
I was blown away... literally.
Never seen so much puzzle fun in such a small place.
More levels... please!
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:01 am

Hi Bob, I am coming for help. Where is the best place to place the barrel? I've trying numerous places, the spirit runs into it before it finishes collecting all the coins. Hint Please. :oops:
ymeria
Rainbow Wonderlander

bob'sno1

Post by ymeria » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:53 am

:D :D must have been the weekend away that sharpened my wits; got this level out tonight. thanks for the tip Bob
Y
now I'm going to look at no2
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:16 pm

Thanks for the help, Bob! I finally got it! This was a really fun challenge. Thanks for the help, the fun and the challenge! :D
poohbutton
Platinum Wonderlander

help please

Post by poohbutton » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:56 am

I would appreciate a hint on where to hide the barrel. I have put it...(hints may lie ahead :wink: )
in the original starting spot, in the hidden wall on the bottom right, and at the very top above the gates with the sprite. I also used the wooden block to block the sprite from touching the barrel in each location. I loved the challenge but now I want to move on to Bob's other levels :shock:
:wink:

TIA,
poohbutton
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:58 pm

Ok I thought maybe I could actually DO one of Bob's level by doing the very first. Wow I thought wrong hehehe......rainbow spirit? I don't have no stinkin' rainbow spirit :?

Edit: Oh hehehe there it is :oops:
Sheesh I got it all done, took a wrong turn at the end!!! So Bob, you've been a stinker all along!
Last edited by rescuefire on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:31 pm

Okay poohbutton and rescuefire here's some help, I had to replay this to remember what goes where :oops:

You don't have to hide the barrels, one goes in the water between the coins, the next one to the bottom left of the tree by the green tp.

Now push the wood box up one square and get out of the way, when the kabooms pass go up and activate the red timer. The kabooms will blow themselves up after releasing the rainbow spirit, pretty convenient huh? :lol:

Now stand above the wood box and wait, the spirit will eventually get all the coins hovering over the water, after he does go get that barrel by the tree and blow him up.

I'm sure you can work out the rest, if not just whistle!
bob
poohbutton
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by poohbutton » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:46 pm

Thanks! I really appreciate your help. It took me another dozen times to get it just right but I finally did it.

Take care,
Poohbutton
Last edited by poohbutton on Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Finally got it....although I kinda did it my own way, but your way seemed to work the same. I just kept getting in the lil' spirits way or taking a wrong turn in the end....thanks for a cool level. I see how you got your start now....you were officially a stinker RIGHT from the BEGINNING!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.