New Level - Smell the Roses...NOT!

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

New Level - Smell the Roses...NOT!

Post by Dianna » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:23 am

Just a quick little level - my first! Guide Stinky along the garden path, avoid the Scouges, dash thru the timed gates and teleport home. Oh, and collect those bonus coins, if you can! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:58 pm

Hi Dianna,

Awesome job on your first go!
Really setting the standard for all us wannabe level designers.
Relatively simple layout with good use of basic puzzle elements with just a hint of danger! Just a wiff.

Look forward to more of your creations :D

I've dabbled a little bit myself but at the moment its just been limited to a couple of everything, no challenge, no enemies, no organization and on more than one ocassion, no coins or exit!

Cheers :D
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:49 pm

Wow!

Congrats on getting the first level out on this board - and what a great level as well!!!

My Best Score so far: 4570

I haven't dared pick up the two Bonus Coins close to the cannons yet, so that could be an extra 500 points.

The 1-minute time limit is tough! (for those playing with timer mode on). I basically played with timer off first to get the feel for the level, and then rushed through at maddening speed with 7 seconds left. :shock:

Again, great job!
Patrick
Midnight Synergy
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:14 pm

Thanks! What great fun it is to make levels. I'm eagerly awaiting new levels from others. Can't wait to see what everyone does!
timothy2
Silver Wonderlander

Post by timothy2 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:31 pm

Hi Dianna,

I really enjoyed playing this level! I downloaded it a couple of days ago, and it's the first custom level I ever played. (A bit late, yes! Though I've been playing the standard game for some time, I only recently tried out the level exchange, and I decided to start with the "oldest" one.) My best score, by the way, is 5050.

By now I've downloaded some other custom levels as well (including your Two to Tango), and I'm really amazed! At the same time I feel kind of guilty, as I'm not uploading anything. Sure this isn't what's meant by "exchange". But when I look at the levels you and others created... it will take some time before I have the confidence to upload a creation myself. I do admire you for having been the first person to submit one!
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:56 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Timothy! I'm not sure what the max points on Smell the Roses is, but 5050 is the best I've ever gotten. I'm happily amazed at the creativity of the people on this forum -- we do have some great level builders. It takes me a long time to make a level, so I'll never be one of the champion level builders here, but I love playing the levels submitted by others, and check for new ones every day.

I just checked, and we now have 119 members on the forum. Most members haven't posted levels yet, so don't feel any guilt about that. Would love to see a level from you, tho, soon as you're ready!