New Level -- Deep Freeze

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

New Level -- Deep Freeze

Post by Shadow » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:06 pm

The same secret as in the previous level, but with a better clue.

Stinky decides to take a snowboard ride, however it's so cold, that the snowboard starts to freeze midway. Can Stinky do a warm up so that won't happen?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it uses the "Deepfreeze" custom background made by popo: DOH! That's why you've found it strange, Theo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shadow on Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:37 pm

That was a strange one... not as hard as your last though. Thanks for the fun!
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:02 pm

That was neat!

Thanks again,
bob
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:18 pm

When I said it was strange, I was referring to the glitch. :wink:
The level did look better with that neat background though!
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Re: New Level -- Deep Freeze

Post by Lutz » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:33 pm

Shadow wrote:The same secret as in the previous level, but with a better clue.
Don't know why it worked, don't know how it worked, but it worked :shock:

Can't see how this one should help me with your second one, because there aren't any floaters :?
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:06 pm

I think he meant his first Shadow level, not his last one. :wink:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Shadow » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:46 pm

Wait a minute, it's possible to use the glitch from the first level to finish this one differently? Dammit.
The second and third levels of Shadow have the same secret. :wink:
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:51 pm

I was under the impression that the first and third Shadow levels were showcasing a similar glitch, and the second was completely separate. :wink:
In the first one, I rode on a transporter behind a box on a transporter, which caused me to stop prematurely and be able to reach the exit.
In the third one, I used the cannon in the same way, except for some reason the cannon would only travel one space every time I pushed it.
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Shadow » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:17 am

The third and the first look similar, but in fact the second and the third are the twins.
The secret in both the second in the first level is
that an invisible box blocks your path, and you need to destroy it to continue.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:12 am

TheoX wrote:In the first one, I rode on a transporter behind a box on a transporter, which caused me to stop prematurely and be able to reach the exit.
This is all very new for me. I now finally completed the first one (symmetry) thanks to Theo, but I'm not sure how you can stop on the 2nd or 3rd place with the platform Is it just a matter of quick timing with much luck?
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Shadow » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:23 am

There are quite a lot of ways of stopping the transporter prematurely, one of them is showcased in the first level. (Symmetry)

The two other levels showcase invisible boxes that block your passage and you have to destroy them. In Deep Freeze, the clue is that you have to use the fireballs to "melt the ice" that otherwise can "freeze" your transporter.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:08 am

Shadow wrote:There are quite a lot of ways of stopping the transporter prematurely, one of them is showcased in the first level. (Symmetry)
Yes I see but when I am on the most left place and the box is on the 2nd place from the left, I push the box to the right and directly after that I go again to the right it is difficult to stop exactly on the 3rd place. I did it several times and somtimes I already stop at the 2nd place or when I'm a little too late I go to the 4th place and I can start over again. I have to wait exactly 0.253 seconds (by example 8)) until I go again to the right, so I think there is much luck necessary.
Shadow wrote:The two other levels showcase invisible boxes that block your passage and you have to destroy them. In Deep Freeze, the clue is that you have to use the fireballs to "melt the ice" that otherwise can "freeze" your transporter.
So that invisible stuff is what you call glitchy? So I also played your first Muzo level, and indeed I see the difference. I think I like the honest puzzle ideas more. But there are also new things for me such as that red boulders. Maybe I have to complete the classic and de luxe levels first but on the other hand I like to play the custom levels. But I'm afraid there are too many levels to play in my entire life 8) and I have not enough patience. So I start with your levels because you were the only one who was interested in my alternative solution.

And what do you mean with the Simple series and Amadeus? Are that also pseudonymes of you?
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Shadow » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:41 am

Amadeus is the pseudonymos to Mark. However, the style of Shadow and Amadeus and pretty similar.
Simple series is a Muzozavr's series "Simple xx" (from 01 to 16 currently) which is mostly glitched and absolutely Shadow-like.
Play other Muzozavr levels too, if you want, you WILL see some glitches but it's mostly puzzle all the way.

The easy way to execute the glitch in "Symmetry" is:
As you push the box to the right, continue to hold the right arrow key. When you line up with the exit, stop holding the arrow key.
Simple as that! :wink:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:54 am

Thanks. I did it 3 times at that way and it worked all the 3 times! :D
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Wow Marinus you sure picked some hard levels to start out with!

Shadow/Muzzie is another one of those genius level makers!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:25 pm

rescuefire wrote:Wow Marinus you sure picked some hard levels to start out with!

Shadow/Muzzie is another one of those genius level makers!
I played once one of Dizzy's level but I found it very difficult. But I'm aware it's not fair because I start with the first Muzozavr and Shadow levels but with a new level from Dizzy; not one of her first levels. But I am planning to begin with playing Dizzy's first levels once. For now I downloaded the first 10 Muz.levels and I want to play them first.

There is also difference between what the one person finds difficult and the other person. Maybe someone finds puzzle A more difficult them B because A is logic difficult but I find B more difficult because it's very big and unclear. There is difference between people and I am autistic so I like logic puzzles but not too big.

But as I said, I am certain planning to play Dizzy's levels too.

BTW, don't you make levels Robyn? I see Dizzy and Lillie everywhere but Rescuefire I don't see.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:16 pm

I found this one to be easy. I got it on the first try. Neat trick Mr. muzo shadow.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Finally! Silly me :oops:

Cool stuff, thanks!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level -- Deep Freeze

Post by Jutomi » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:20 pm

Another neat little level, Shadow! Nothing too difficult to find, though; just some good old-fashioned RTW shenaniganry :lol: (frankly bizarre shenaniganry .-.)

My video solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.