New Level (Adv) - Save the Puppy

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

New Level (Adv) - Save the Puppy

Post by Dizzy1 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:18 pm

Using the rockwall texture made by Annie. Thanks!! :D

Don't you dare hurt that puppy! :shock:
It might even help you. :D

Have Fun! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)

Dizzy090 Save the Puppy

(I checked for boo-boos, but ya just never know...) :? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Thu May 29, 2008 6:45 pm

Yay...first to download and first to finish. I killed that puppy right off the get go. Quite a challenge here. I was doing Loof all wrong, got all the way to the end and forgot about Qookie. Got loof going right the next time around but couldn't figure out that green gate. Had to do some running on this one for sure. Wasn't very nice of loof to leave and let Qookie do all the work.

I enjoyed this Diz, thanks for the fun.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu May 29, 2008 8:48 pm

Funny level Dizz!! :D First I thought to kill such dangerous puppy and I'm still not sure if it's possible. I think I'll try that later but this time he helped me with the buttons.

Thanks for the fun :D :P
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri May 30, 2008 12:16 am

I saved your puppy :roll: but oh boy did I not want too :twisted: :twisted: :lol: This was a lot of fun to play thru. Thank you for this ace challenge. :D :P :D :P
Cathy
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Fri May 30, 2008 12:50 am

Yep, me, too! I wanted to kill that bugger, then realized his usefullness. But I got to kill him finally - YES! Great level, Emmy!
Anne
My List
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri May 30, 2008 12:54 pm

I did the same as Monica, and got Loof all the way to the wrong end and forgot about Qookie! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Qookie was cold and heartless. She used that puppy and bumped him off when it suited her! :twisted:

Great fun thanks Dizzy! :D :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Fri May 30, 2008 2:42 pm

I was using Loofie in the wrong way too at first. I did end up killing the puppy off after he served his purpose though :twisted:

Great stuff Mizzy Dizzy! Thanks I needed this :D
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:26 am

The dog lives! :D

Fun level Diz, a few quick moves here and there and a few restarts but gold in the end!

Thanks,
bob
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:01 am

uneekrose wrote:I killed that puppy right off the get go.
:shock:
annedanner wrote:But I got to kill him finally
Liz Mayhew wrote:Qookie was cold and heartless. She used that puppy and bumped him off when it suited her! :twisted:
rescuefire wrote:I did end up killing the puppy off after he served his purpose though :twisted:
Just listen to yourselves...there was absolutely, no reason to kill that puppy. :(
Marinus wrote:First I thought to kill such dangerous puppy and I'm still not sure if it's possible.
:D
jcvalcar2 wrote:I saved your puppy
bob roest wrote:The dog lives!

:lol: :lol: Thanks for playing and killing, or not killing the puppy. :lol:
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:22 am

Go back and re-read those quotes Diz.

Marinus wants to go back to try and kill the puppy and Cathy really wanted to kill him!! :shock:

The only one who did not kill the pup or express any desire to do so was...me! Mr. Warm and Fuzzy. :roll: :lol:
bob
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:04 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You know....you're right!
I guess I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but honestly...they desired to kill. :lol: :lol:

You're the only good one of the bunch, Mr. Warm and Fuzzy. :D :lol:
bob roest wrote: did not kill the pup or express any desire to do so was...me!
Now THAT is a good man! 8)

By the way, your #2 Metal Head level is a booger!!! :lol:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:32 am

Yes, you're both right. I have to admit I've some killer-instinct. But who would expect anything else from an apeman? 8) It's necessary to survive.

There are indeed more possibilities. I can finish killing him at the start but with only one coin (or a few more). (I think the breaktile at the top should've been a 1 step) I searched for way to finish with killing at the start and with all coins but I didn't find. The way I did was killing the monster at the end but now I tried to set my instinct aside by not killing at all, and allthough it was hard avoiding being bited in my leg, I did it. :D :D :D
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:34 am

Mr. Warm and Fuzzy?!?!

Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:24 pm

I meant to put a hint in here last night, so:

Loof does the right side and top blue timer, then exits. Qookie waits until the puppy is almost to him and jumps, then does the middle area.

The coins on the far right: Loof gets the one on the left before going up to blue timer area and right before Loof exits (he's waiting in the space beside the exit) Qookie can easily get the coin on the right.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:07 pm

'kill the puppy-kill the puppy'

Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:42 pm

Help please Dizbomb :( How is it possible to save the dawg? I push the boulder up and if I want to move the dawg to the left out of the way of the returning boulda, I have to take the coin on the yellow and then I have no stopper for the yellow button! I got one character right to the end by using another character to step on the green button - but then the other couldn't get home!

Me rubbish - help me please :oops:

Still working on your joint level with Mari-Madonna too! :shock:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi Lillie.

Dizzy asked me to help in case there were questions, as for she is off line because thunderstorms in Tulsa. Glad to hear you're working on our level. :D

As far as I know there are two almost the same ways: one by killing the chomper at the end (the easiest) and one by not killing (a bit harder)

I'll play it again. Moment please 8)
Loof pushes boulder, runs for coin on yellow, runs back as fast as he can and jump, jump. The chomp is waiting below the bottom tramp. Then there are 2 possibilities.
-1 push boulder from green, wait a moment, follow, quickly pick both coins on TP's and exit.
Qookie waits until chomper is almost near and jump, jump (chomper waits below) pick coin on the right and do the middle part. The chomper keeps the yellow door open. When finished middle part, come back, push boulder to kill chomper, get last coin in green gate and exit on top.
-2 step left, wait for chomper, avoid and pass it on the 2x2 square of the yellow buttons, get coin on left (green gate), run down, wait for chomper and jump jump. The rest is the same except that Qookie can finish in the other exit and can save the puppy :D :D :D :D :D

Edit: Ready, good luck :D :D :D
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks for the help - Bobster too for the pm :P I didn't think to bring the chomp back to the first tramp area! Nor did I see that DL tramp jump! :oops:

ACE level - I really enjoyed trying to work it all out! :D

Thanks Dizbomb - ya lil stinkeroonie :twisted: Hope the thunderstorms don't keep you away too long :D
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:38 pm

Lillie wrote:Nor did I see that DL tramp jump! :oops:
To be honest, I still don't see the purpose of a DL jump. Can you please explain?
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:44 pm

Well, once I had sent Loof home - I did the yellow sphere room and the wood box part. Then I realised that I had missed a coin in the first room fleeing the chomp with Qookie! So I had to come out of the yellow room, push the boulder down to kill the chomp - so then I could tramp DL back into the wood box room! :D

All backasswards I know - but I am a poohead at the best of times! :D
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:56 pm

That's how I did it too Sass :oops:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:59 pm

Thanks. :D I see, just in case there was only a 1 step breaktile on top. 8)
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:07 pm

:lol: :lol: You're all so funny! :lol: :lol: Marinus (Smoochie) :P , Thank-You for helping and you are exactly right, except for a couple of things, so I'm posting the spoiler for the first half, which will explain everything. :lol: Our power went off for a few hours.

Loof push boulder up, grab coin on yellow, go back down and jump up twice, now run to grab coin in green gate, run back up and push boulder up and follow. Puppy should move to left lane (away from danger).

Now Loof goes thru red TP's, gets both coins, goes right back to the breaktile, now Qookie gets coin above two tramps and returns to below the tramps.

Loof exits. Puppy starts going toward Qookie. When it's almost there, Qookie jumps up, up. Puppy should stay below the two tramps. Now push boulder (above generator) to the left and follow. Puppy should still be alive. :D

The rest is fairly easy, if you remember to step on the conveyor timer and very quickly go down and get the box pushed into the left water hole.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: LOLOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dizzy1 wrote:now run to grab coin in green gate, run back up and push boulder up and follow. Puppy should move to left lane (away from danger).
I tried several times, but I can't be that fast. Then the puppy is dead :cry: :cry: :cry: 8) :lol:

Edit: I did it though. :D :D :D :D Thanks :D :D :D
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Re: New Level (Adv) - Save the Puppy

Post by wonderfull » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:51 pm

SO I had to come back and play a few levels after MANY years of absence and still believe Wonderland is one of the best games ever made, and some of the level creators are absolutely brilliant. Dizzy is one of those who wows me! This level had me scratching my head and tried it over and over again. Finally read some comments and realized that I was making Loof do WAAAAy too much work and once I enlisted Qookie finally managed to finish it. I know that Diz isn't on here anymore, but we have had a lasting friendship since meeting on this board so I will be sure to tell her that this was yet another brilliant level, but a stinker! Hope she returns one day, along with a lot of the oldies but goodies (Kiki, Liz, Lillie, Bob, Kaz and many more!) Great memories on here!
Last edited by wonderfull on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a Wonderfull life
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:51 am

Good to see you again, Wonderfull.

This level looks easy, but it did in fact take me a couple of hours to solve. Thanks Dizzy!
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:10 pm

Amnon wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:51 am
Good to see you again, Wonderfull.

This level looks easy, but it did in fact take me a couple of hours to solve. Thanks Dizzy!

Thanks Amnon! Good to see you are still hanging out here. Nice to see a familiar name!
It's a Wonderfull life