New Levelpack -- MiniCosmos (NOT BY ME)

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Levelpack -- MiniCosmos (NOT BY ME)

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:25 pm

This is my conversion of Aymeric du Peloux's wonderful Sokoban levelpack "MiniCosmos". It's his easiest levelset and is specifically designed for people who've never played Sokoban before. It has some very easy levels, and some trickier ones as well. Remember, they aren't really ordered by difficulty, so you might want to skip around. :wink: My personal opinion is that number 28 and 30 are the hardest.

All of the 40 unique levels in this set come in "pairs" or, very rarely, triplets, based on the same theme. The theme changing is indicated by changing the texture and the music. Note that I don't use custom textures, except for the built-in "lush" and "blue" which don't really need a download. :P

All of the levels are solvable, unless it turns out that one of the levels forces you at the wrong side of the boxes after the gates are open. Which is improbable considering the amount of work I've put in this conversion. (BUT should it happen anyway, please let me know) It is always possible to put the boxes on the buttons at least, after which you may consider the level solved, even if you can't exit. :lol:

Most of his themes work this way: at first a new layout is introduced. The next level repeats the same layout, but with an extra box/button. This is a nice way of providing hints to the player.

There's nothing to hide in any of the levels... just push some boxes around. Really, that's all it is. :lol:

Set created by: Aymeric du Peloux
Original version at: http://membres.lycos.fr/nabokos/minicosmos.html
Converted with author's permission.
If you find levels converted with mistakes, please let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Are those the same levels as in Yasc Sokoban what you told about, a few months ago? For there's also a MiniCosmos. I like that program, but actually I like the original Sokoban levels even more. Unfortunatley in most of them are so many boxes, that there aren't enough buttons for it. :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Yes, they are. YASC Sokoban is not the only place that has them, however.
I just felt like making sure that these levels can reach a just a bit wider audience. :wink:

When (if?) I'll be able to solve (in YASC) MicroCosmos, Nabokosmos, and Picokosmos, I might convert these ones too. :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Levelpack -- MiniCosmos (NOT BY ME)

Post by Jutomi » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:23 pm

A very lovely little sokoban pack, indeed! Many thanks for porting them over to RTW, Muz; even though I'm skeptical as to whether this reached much of a "wider audience", I absolutely would never have played them otherwise. :lol:

And, of course, as with anything I play, I've provided video solutions :P (And I must say, they've pulled their weight in shorts views at that xD)

My full playlist: Click Me!

Will be considering playing the other packs on the site itself one day... if I could ever wrap my head around them that is :lol:
Many thanks again Muz :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Levelpack -- MiniCosmos (NOT BY ME)

Post by Amnon » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:52 am

Never seen these before - all except #30 were easy.