New Level -- Evil Magic

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

New Level -- Evil Magic

Post by Shadow » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:27 am

I really, really wanted to use this idea in "Simple 021", but I couldn't figure out a way to do the misdirection. So instead I HEXed the hell out of it :twisted: but then it didn't belong in the "Simple" series anymore. So, I had to rename it to something. "Evil Magic" was the result.

Good luck. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:07 pm

How is this possible :?
I doesn't look hexed at all. :?
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Actually, it IS Hexed.

And this level has to be possible because it would be pointless just to make an impossible level unless it's something crazy and fun.

I'm pretty sure that the solution to this level has something to do with invisible teleporters or walkways.

But I can't make out where the invisible somethings are.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Yes, there's an invisible walkway hidden somewhere on the level.

Once you have tried every square you can try, think of what squares you haven't been able to try. Then find a way to access said squares.

Even after you find "it", the level is still a bit mean.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:48 pm

I've checked behind the boxes too, but I can't find an invisible walkway. :?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Hint:
Just pushing the box INTO the hidden walkway... doesn't reveal this particular hidden walkway. You have to destroy one of the boxes in a specific manner in order to proceed.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:13 am

Hello? Has anyone managed to do this?
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:26 am

Not me, I don't have alot of time to play anymore so give us a hint.
I'm sure a fast move is involved. :wink:
Keeks
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:43 am

kiki wrote:I'm sure a fast move is involved. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually not exactly, a bit of timing is involved, but nothing else. This level doesn't demand stupidly fast fingerwork. :lol: (unlike some of my other ones)

Here's a pretty big hint on how to unveil the hidden parts:
The hidden walkway behind the top left box, but something is blocking the way so you can't push the box through.

That "something" cannot be destroyed, but it can be pushed IF you can remove the top left box while nothing is left on that tile.

Once you figure out how to do that, just follow the hidden path... then try to use one of the top exits -- SURPRISE!

That surprise is the key to solving this level.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:53 am

I've tried to destroy all boxes, and it was the last I tried which was the right one. :twisted: Now Stinky reached the exit but I still can move him over the level, invisible though. Qookie seems to be still visible, but is not really there anymore. So, what's next?

Edit: I forgot to refresh the page, so I didn't see you posted. Be back later.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Marinus wrote:I've tried to destroy all boxes, and it was the last I tried which was the right one. :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The previous hint is ONLY about the hidden stuff which you have already discovered. After you discover the "invisible Stinky" thing, you have discovered everything you need to know to solve this as a "normal" puzzle... well, almost everything. It also helps to know that if you do the "thing" ONCE, then Loof gets vanished instead. If you do it the second time, Loof reappears and Qookie disappears.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:00 pm

Yes I tried again and it happens as you said. But apparantly there is no way to get both vanished the same time?

Yet I've invisible Stinky got the coin and exited, a fake Qookie holding the red button, but a real Loof in the middle area with nowhere to go. :? At least I guess I should get that coin, isn't it?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Get that coin, of course! There is no other way.

You're now facing the main trick of this level, a trick I'm extremely proud of.

I hexed it up cause I thought it would be a bit obvious otherwise, but apparently it's so deliriously absurd that it still presents a challenge even once you know all of the hidden stuff.

I will wait for a few days before giving out more hints... I want to see if anyone can figure it out without further help.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:32 pm

Well it's too much hex and hidden for me, so I guess I'll wait a few more days too. :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:36 pm

The only thing I hexed is the invisible walkway and the invisible "cause of glitch" at the top exits.

Don't give up now! You have all the information you need to figure it out as a logical puzzle... really. It's a really absurd trick, but now that you have discovered all the hidden stuff, you can figure it out. Keep trying. :wink:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:37 pm

:D Yes, suddenly I got an idea, and that worked. I never would have figured it out all by myself though. Thanks! :D
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Marinus wrote::D Yes, suddenly I got an idea, and that worked. I never would have figured it out all by myself though. Thanks! :D
Glad you were able to do it! :D
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level -- Evil Magic

Post by Amnon » Sat May 27, 2023 2:01 pm

Got that one -- very cool!!!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level -- Evil Magic

Post by Jutomi » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:30 am

Now this was truly evil. And even upon remembering some hints from the first time through for the first bit of shenaniganry, I had to take another for :oops:

Absolutely fantastic, though. Hardly fair - heck each aspect of this shenaniganry would've already been mean on their own. But wow, was it ever brilliant :shock: Thank you for this insane ride, Muz; looking forward to playing your (presumably mostly-less-absurd) other content at some point. :)

Oh, and of course, My Video Solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.