New Level -- Simple 021

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

New Level -- Simple 021

Post by Shadow » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:20 am

While feeling a bit sick (and therefore out of new ideas) I decided to polish up a very old idea of mine that's been sitting on my HDD for quite a while.

After some (read: a lot of) changes here and there, here's the result: Simple 021.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:39 am

Hi "Shadow" - long time no see :D

Tried over and over. Of course you know the problem. That box down beside the dark blue button :roll: Can't complete the level without it, but don't know how to deploy it.

I'm sure you're using some devious trickery and it would be good to find out what! :twisted:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:09 am

Liz Mayhew wrote:Can't complete the level without it
Liz Mayhew wrote:but don't know how to deploy it.
These are the only two logical options, aren't they?
Eliminate the impossible, and whatever remains, no matter how improbable... must be the truth.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:18 am

With simple logic I would say this is impossible, but since, as far as I know, you never posted an impossible level, there must be some trick which I don't see.

Is it again a trick to get the travelator somewhere else but those 3 empty tiles in the middle? Otherwise I don't see what to do with it.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:40 am

Is it again a trick to get the travelator somewhere else but those 3 empty tiles in the middle?
Yes... yes it is... you know me well. :wink:
you never posted an impossible level
I did. Once. By mistake. Uploaded a test version instead of the real one. It was very early in my level-making, and I started double-checking things since then.

This one is possible. :wink:
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Well, I was able to let the travelator stop in the middle (for some price though) and also sometimes half between 2 tiles and such sort of glitches, but that's it so far. :?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Marinus wrote:Well, I was able to let the travelator stop in the middle (for some price though) and also sometimes half between 2 tiles and such sort of glitches, but that's it so far. :?
Half between two tiles? Exactly how did you do that? (If it doesn't require death of one of the characters)
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:44 pm

I had Stinky and the travelator at the right side, and a box on the travelator. Then Loof pushed the barrel right over the tramp, and some 1/10 seconds later Stinky pushed the travelator with box left.

Apparantly it depends on the timing what happens with the travelator. Sometimes it stays in the middle, sometimes it continues to the left, and sometimes it goes back right.

Also in some of those situations, the travelator seemed to be there, but was not really there anymore. Those travelator gltches are never quite clear to me.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:56 pm

EDIT:
I didn't think of doing this actually, but it doesn't change the rest of the solution even if you do get it like that.

The first objective IS to stop it in the middle. Figure out what to do next...
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Muzozavr wrote:The first objective IS to stop it in the middle.
And is it correct that I have to sacrifice a box and the barrel to do that? (The problem was just that I didn't have enough items. :shock: )
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Yes.
Now just figure out what the hell can you possibly do with the remaining items. The options are few.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Well I could use 1 box to put the flame out on the yellow button, and the other one to cover that button, But actually I like to know more about what to do with that travelator.

I tried to do sort of the same trick again with the tramp and travelator but with no succes.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Sent you a PM with a big hint.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Well, the big hint didn't help me much, but thanks to your walkthrough, after lots of frustration, I finally could finish this stinker.

Thanks! :D
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:13 pm

See, I'm still able to design evil levels! :shock: :lol:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Yes, you are! Be proud of it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

Simple 21

Post by doodlebug » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:45 pm

I would like a walk through for this just to see how it is done. Thanks

Annie
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Sent a PM.
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

Simple 21

Post by doodlebug » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks for the walk through even though I still can't get it. At least I can see why now. I don't have fast enough fingers for this one.

Annie
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:28 pm

You can try Marinus's way of stopping the transporter:

- Put box on transporter at the right side.
- Tramp the barrel over.
- Push the box when the time is right.

It's easier on your fingers than my version, but you're not guaranteed to stop the transporter in the middle. It's fairly easy to actually make it unusable by stopping it BETWEEN two tiles with this method.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level -- Simple 021

Post by Jutomi » Sat May 27, 2023 9:14 pm

OK... this one was insane :shock:

Lets just say this one was the real inspiration for my Anomaly series... ;)

(Especially since I tried solving this by somehow putting the transporter over the red button and flame, which didn't work.)

An absolute chaotic masterpiece. Thank you for the level :)

My video solution~

Edit: Also, the way you hid the trampoline-ghosting trick and even showcased that the remaining husks of stinkers are immune to fire is nothing short of magnificent. Truly one of my favorite levels I've ever had the fortune to play. :)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.