New Level- Silent Cavern

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

New Level- Silent Cavern

Post by gameboy991 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi all. I am posting another level. :)

Stinky heard a rumor that the Silent Cavern holds a magnificent treasure. That treasure, in fact, is 5 dozen (60) Bonus Coins! :o :shock:

This is what he heard:

Long ago, a group of pirates plundered treasure from everyone they came across. But eventually, they relised that what they were doing was wrong. When they tried to give the treasure back, everyone fled. Angry at themselves, they figured the best thing to do was to hide it. They chose a cave and scattered the treasure inside. Then they set up traps for anyone brave enough - or foolish enough - to go inside. Since then, the cave has remained silent...until now. Stinky has entered the cave, hoping to outsmart the band of thieves. What he doesn't know, however, is how smart they really were...

Silent Cavern:

Difficulty:Hard (I can't even complete it :shock: , but I KNOW it's possible! :twisted: )
Story: No
Category: Action ( :twisted: )

This level is a lot harder than my last one, and this time, the level focuses on three things:

Glitches
Traps
Misdirection

Have fun! :twisted:

P.S.- Marinus, if you're reading this, I DARE you to post the solution! :twisted: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Well this really was hard!

It's taken me lots of tries to get it right. Lots of traps and I fell for them all :lol:
Order is very important, and a certain item right by the exit was :evil:

Anyway I made it with a few minutes to spare.

Thanks for the challenge Gameboy! :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:42 pm

I warned you! :twisted:

I'm just surprised you solved it in less than a day! :shock: It just goes to show- practice makes perfect! :) One question though- did you collect all the bonus coins? :twisted:

Truth be told, I actually CAN solve it. I went throught the level yesterday before I posted it and unlocked every gate and grabbed every bonus coin. But I stopped, amazed at the fact that it had worked. It wasn't until it was too late that I relised Stinky was standing on top of the spikes! :lol:

I figured, "Oh, what the heck. Close enough" and posted the level.

When making this level, I got extemely frustrated. I started working on it right after I posted my first level. Which was, in fact, about a month ago. On Wednesday I was so fed up with the level that I decided I wasn't going to rest until it worked. I edited the level 30 times that day and it STILL wouldn't cooperate! :evil: :roll:

Anyway, I do hope Marinus has tried this level. :twisted:

EDIT: Oh, By the way, Liz, your picture says "Dark Cavern". The level is called "Silent Cavern" :P

Also, looking at it closely, I can tell you didn't get all the bonus coins. :wink:
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:50 pm

This was cool, took sometime to work out how to get one of the hidden bonus coins above a blue tp but the solution presented itself. And yes, I got them all! :D

Intricate and intriguing, thanks for the level,
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi Gameboy
This is a splendid level!
Miles ahead of your series. Please continue in this style: One after the other. and one better than the other. That's the way to share your fun with a lot of players. And it mustn't be a series at all.
Thanks for a great fun (and many restarts). :D
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Chip wrote:This is a splendid level!
Miles ahead of your series.
About my series:

Some levels that will be posted in the future will be a bit more difficult than the ones that have already been released. I like to mix the difficulty levels...though I'm not really sure why. It might be because the harder levels give me more grief than the easier ones! :lol: There are some levels that only have a storyline (kind of like a cutscene in a video game, where not much happens, but you get a bit of backround information), and some that only have puzzles.

Silent Cavern was the most annoying level I have ever made. The SECOND most un-cooperative level will soon be released in my series. :wink:

I doubt I will make a level as hard as this one again. But if I do, just remember one thing- IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! :lol:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:50 am

Actually I did get all the bonus coins Gameboy. :P
Sorry I got the name wrong when I saved the screenshot.
Unfortunately when I took the screenshot the flashing coin/bonus total had flashed off.

I finished many times without finding the final bonus coin, so I had to look in the editor to see which wall it was hidden in - above the dark blue TP which was also hidden in a wall. Then I had to revise my gameplan to get it. Quite a challenge, but made it much easier to get another bonus coin which I had to work harder for originally.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Um... looking at the picture again...

You didn't solve the level using the intended solution... :P

Could you please PM me saying how you solved the level? :?

I apparently didn't look for shortcuts, since I was too focused on trying to get all those glitches to work. :oops:

I promise, the next level won't be so complicated. :roll:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:04 am

I'll try GB, but it may take a while! 8)

EDIT: PM sent GB! Didn't take as long as I thought and I got a new level record!

Great fun thanks.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:44 pm

Total fun working this one out, thanks for the level and posting it on its own topic. :)
Keeks
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Sorry for the bump-

There are a lot of shortcuts in the level and not all the glitches will work properly...

But I'm not going to bother fixing it, it's too much trouble, and I don't think the level will cooperate if I change even ONE tile. :roll:

Liz found a different solution than the one intended, and it was probably easier to execute than the intended one. :lol:

If anyone needs help, I'll post some hints. I don't expect everyone to get it right away! [size=0]Although...most of you already have![/size] :lol:
leenallrad
Gold Wonderlander

Just a nudge needed

Post by leenallrad » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:26 am

I could use a pm on this one.Thanks!
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:10 am

Sorry I didn't answer, Kooky. I was taking a break, like I said.

If you could just tell me where you're having problems, I'll see what I can do! :wink: