New Level (adv) - In the Junkyard

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Level (adv) - In the Junkyard

Post by bob roest » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:18 pm

A little wacky, me thinks. :D

Using Dizzy's 'guestranch' texture again, thanks Diz!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bob
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:35 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't get past the start Bob! Ive tried all kinds of permutations but it doesn't get me very far.

Just to let you know I'm working on it ... :P
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:45 pm

The start is a bit stinky, here's what I do,
Push the metal box down onto the pink button and into the waterhole, then walk back up and push the box on the tp right, push the boulder left, now step on break-tile and push the box right again. The break-tile is a three step and it's main purpose is as a safe spot to avoid zbots!
bob
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Still working on this one Bob. Your way was one that I'd tried over and over without getting anywhere, but now that I know that's the right way I've tried again. Still no luck.

Once I managed to get one z-bot to blow the barrels (not using your way), but then when I jumped to the right I was trapped by the breaktiles and killed by the coiley.

I've looked ahead and I haven't even got a plan about how to do the rest
:shock: :o :shock:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Here's more,
The box on the tp ends up in the top right corner, one bot operates the yellow timer, the other the green. Once they're running carefully step past the lower bottie and grab the coin to the left of the boulder, now let the green spheres do their job.
Hope that helps. :D
bob
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

In The Junkyard

Post by doodlebug » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:18 pm

I have done all the hints you posted. They were not too hard to figure out. I got those parts right away with out help. I just can't get to the next step. I have been stuck here for days. All I do is end up killing my bot tha'ts going over the timers. The next step after that is what I need. I think this one is a real stinker.

Thanks
Annie
Last edited by doodlebug on Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:24 am

I can cover the white button but is the bots destiny to blow the kegs? cuz I keep kilting it off with the green sphere. :lol:
I have been to the other side once but the white gate was closed and I got kilt very quickly. :)
Keeks
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:32 am

I'm not sure how to get rid of the barrels. Once I get the green spheres going, I kill off the bottie. The timing seems very tight to try to get the spheres rolling and save the bottie. Hint, please?
Anne
My List
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:53 am

If a z-bot doesn't blow the barrels, what does? Not a sphere or boulder 'cos I've tried and the breaktiles stop it. I've always had the green timers operated by a green sphere not a z-bot.

EDIT: I've got further now, but not using your way at the start Bob.

Here's what happens using your way. The white button isn't covered and the barrels aren't blown.

Here's what happens using my way. White button covered, barrels blown.

I'm still working on the timing with the coiley etc. Back later. 8)

DOUBLE DOG EDIT: Yes!!! I did it! Turns out that the timing with the coiley was easy, but the ghost caused me 3 or 4 restarts. It either got trapped on the timer or the ice cube bounced back and killed Stinky! :twisted:
Then of course there was the red TP conundrum. That took a couple of restarts too.
And the ending! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the fun Bob. :piratesmile:

PS: I can see from my screenie now that it's possible to cover the white button using your way, but still no idea how you intended to blow the barrels. :?
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:34 am

Fun one, Bob :D
Needed the hint for the start though and then some more restarts learning how to handle the green balls.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:58 pm

The different sections,

Green spheres
Push the one in the corridor left, take the coin, step on the ice and push it right. This will send one sphere over to just below the top breaktile and one ready to snuff out the red chomper. When the bottie touches the boulder step on the conveyor pushing the sphere left, this has two effects one sphere bangs into the boulder and creates a path for the zbot into the kegs and covers the white button, the other sphere eliminates the chomper. Now go to the ice cubes.

Ice cubes
The key here is to push them when the ghost is as far away as possible. Now create a stopper for the pink tp, go back and tramp over onto the other pink tp. Watch your timing here because you have to walk back to the main area.

The coiley
This is actually easier than it looks, once you hit the tramp simply hold down the up arrow key but again watch your timing because that green sphere is still going back and forth.

The rest should be reasonably straight forward, I hope. :D
bob
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Thanks for the level, Bob. I enjoyed everything - even figuring out the botties. Liz, thanks for your help. I ended up doing it your way. Love it when there are multiple ways to finish a level. :D :D
Anne
My List
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:39 am

I finally made it...Holy crap!
I think I found all the ways to die and then some. :lol:
Its amazing how two coins, in this case two bonus coins, can trip you up and whats more amazing is that I have used the two coin/sphere/boulder combo trick many times and still it took an age for me to see it. :oops:
Lately I have noticed some gray in my hair but after this level it has doubled.
Thanks for the lessons in Wonderland 101 Bob. :)
Keeks