Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 158/195 levels released, NEW: "False Prophecy")

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 128/195 levels released, WORLD 12 released)

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:33 pm

Yes, please take your rest! The puzzles to come require good mental clarity, specifically the next one.
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 128/195 levels released, WORLD 12 released)

Post by Amnon » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:09 pm

The puzzles to come require good mental clarity, specifically the next one.
That I never lack, but they require time and then I neglect my health and my other duties in life.

Anyway, I could not withstand the temptation, so level #124 (Close Quadrants) is done. It was relatively easy. Thanks.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:33 pm

Nice, would you say Close Quadrants is not a 8.5 but rather 8/10? In any case I suspect our solutions are different (though they must require the same principles).
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:50 pm

I would say that Close Quadrants is either 7.5/10 or 8/10.

Most of the game is quick and easy. The hardest part for me was handling the shadow, but that was because I failed to see some spot.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:11 pm

Amnon wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:50 pm
I would say that Close Quadrants is either 7.5/10 or 8/10.

Most of the game is quick and easy. The hardest part for me was handling the shadow, but that was because I failed to see some spot.
Very interesting - I always knew the main part was quite open-ended, but just how easy it could be, maybe I overestimated or missed something, because it took me a while initially. Were you able to piece together the puzzle before viewing the fanciful note? Or maybe you didn't need the note at all to determine how the game needed to be played (indeed you could solve the puzzle through trial/error).
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:56 pm

Were you able to piece together the puzzle before viewing the fanciful note?
Actually, I bumped into the note without intention while I was exploring that area. By the time I saw it was a hint it was too late, because I noticed the bottom line which told me what a particular generator was for.

Otherwise I would just be experimenting in destroying types of objects one by one until I got the generators going. So this saved some of my precious time!

I still haven't read the full note, perhaps I now should...
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:34 am

Well, the note under the keg could be considered a hint, that is if you consider trial/error without a clear objective to be part of figuring out the puzzle. It's intended to give you some direction - not necessarily a hint.

Up top, behind the exit gate - that is actually a hint for which color goes where, tucked away of course so you don't have to read it.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:44 am

if you consider trial/error without a clear objective to be part of figuring out the puzzle.
Not without objective - this is just something I do if I see generators where it is not obvious what they produce. This was very much needed in level 105 ("Morklin's Believe It or Not").

Otherwise, I certainly did not use or need the hint to know which colour goes where. That part of the level I would probably rate at 6.5/10.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:10 pm

WORLD 13 Preliminary Notes:

I will return to announcing the world titles starting in World 13, however I want to give a general disclaimer specifically aimed at anyone who has been following this thread, but is waiting for QftFE's full release before downloading the pack:

The world titles are already mild spoilers! Most of the world finales starting in Crystal Forest end on cliffhangers. This storyline is heavily based in mystery. So, unless you are following along the rolling release, as Amnon, Kamerson, and others have been, some parts of the storyline will inevitably be mildly spoiled based on the world titles alone (this is why World 12 has been very concealed). I would therefore advise that if you're waiting for the full release, it would be in your best interest to not follow the thread, instead just following the thread title (in which you can see how much of the Quest has been released - the full release will of course be denoted on the thread title).

This is just a general recommendation for story purposes - should you preface the world titles, the events of the series aren't necessarily spoiled, but some of the mystery will be lost. This is more prevalent going forward than with the previous 11 worlds, so you're still fairly safe if you've already looked over the released worlds so far.

With that being said, we will begin rolling out World 13 very soon on Saturday, August 14th.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:46 pm

Congratulations!
(Spoilers ahead for the World 12 Finale)

You have FAILED the Shadow Stinker's final challenge. Now you must meet your fate in hell. But hey - it looks like a long-time reunion solves one mystery... But everything else? Oh, things are about to get a whole lot creepier, darker, bigger, and more ominous.

This is the part where I put a disclaimer that the Quest is definitely not as G-rated as you would expect from a Wonderland game, although this should have gone out a while ago - there is some mildly dark storytelling ahead. Though, if you've made it this far, you already know this series is not aimed for children.

Welcome to Stinker PURGATORY.

DIFFICULTY: Overall, as a full "world", this is absolutely going to be one of the hardest right behind the final world, being a huge climax for the stinkers so far. Almost all the levels are expert-level puzzles, though only a few exhibit the length of the Crystal Forest levels. You will be seeing the first 10/10 levels in this world. If you can beat these, you'll be set for the rest, as the difficulty curve will significantly decrease starting in the next world and gradually pick up again from there. If you can't beat these levels, you'll miss some very important story bits, but you'll still have a chance at conquering the rest of the Quest.

Take your time, and good luck!! You will need it. World 13 will be releasing quickly as it is completely finished, but you will not be getting through it quickly.

Lv129 - "Stranded Under Bedrock" (9.5/10) - Everything is crashing down around the stinkers as they begin their exploration of the Purgatory - a desolate dimension representing Hell wherein the Shadow Stinkers are in control. This introductory puzzle is tough, requiring your brain in its best state if you want a chance to solve it.

Download Notes:

Extract the 'WD13 - Purgatory' folder into your main Quest for the Five Elements directory. It already contains Lv129 to start. You will extract the subsequent levels into this folder.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 129/195 levels released, NEW: "Stranded Under Bedrock")

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:44 pm

This next level is an absolute favorite of mine - a simple transporter puzzle that I have been excited to share since it was first being constructed... over seven months ago! Personally, despite its devious simplicity, I think it's much harder than #110 "Mind Games," which up until this point has definitely been the toughest level. This level was a nightmare to design, taking over SEVEN MONTHS on/off to carefully construct, test, and refine. The result is a huge nonlinear puzzle that should leave you with mindful entertainment for ages as you attempt to figure out what you're even supposed to do.

My goal here was for the entire puzzle to be a canvas for your creative thinking. I wouldn't have spent so much time on a single level if I didn't think it absolutely deserved to be here. Enjoy LAVA LAKES - a puzzle that should make you forget how much time you've spent on it. This is the first 10/10 level in the Quest, and as you really get into the solve, you'll see the differences in scale between this and the 9.5 puzzles. They really do not get much tougher than this.

UPDATE 8/25/21: Level has been updated using Crumpet to provide a default time limit of 233 minutes - no clocks required. This cleans up the aesthetics of the level quite a bit.

Lv130 - "Lava Lakes" (10/10)

Download Notes:

Extract the level into your 'WD13 - Purgatory' folder.

Enjoy!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 130/195 levels released, NEW: "Lava Lakes")

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:15 am

Now we're getting into some tight spaces! Quite contrary to "Lava Lakes," this time there almost isn't enough space to move around!! Don't let this level's small size fool you, however - there is a lot to keep track of all at once. You're walking on hot coals, after all! It's pretty tough, though a much more manageable challenge than the previous level.

Lv131 - "Hot Coals" (8.5/10)

Download Notes:

Enjoy!!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 131/195 levels released, NEW: "Hot Coals")

Post by Amnon » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:04 am

I am still working on Over-The-Rainbow (#125) for the last week, it is a struggle and certainly not an 8/10, so I took a short break and done the Labyrinth (#127) meanwhile.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 131/195 levels released, NEW: "Hot Coals")

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:35 am

Amnon wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:04 am
I am still working on Over-The-Rainbow (#125) for the last week, it is a struggle and certainly not an 8/10, so I took a short break and done the Labyrinth (#127) meanwhile.
Very interesting - which part of that level is the main source of struggle? Or have you already solved it in theory (but the execution is the struggle)?

Nice on the labyrinth, it is quite easy - though now you have answers to some lore following that.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:20 pm

Meanwhile I am churning out the next of the series...

We will be fully released quite soon in fact!! And by that I mean - the full QFE series... more on that later.

Lv132 - "Flight of the Lone Wanderer" (7.5/10) - The original concept upon which "Lava Lakes" was based, though this is a completely different type of puzzle! One that is quite a bit easier, in fact. Have fun!! Don't get too lonely...

Download Notes:

Enjoy!!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 132/195 levels released, NEW: "Flight of the Lone Wanderer")

Post by Amnon » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:41 pm

Very interesting - which part of that level is the main source of struggle? Or have you already solved it in theory (but the execution is the struggle)?
I finally, just once, managed to get to the other side (West) of the TP, where I could collect all the coins (including the 3 bonus coins behind the keg). Then I tried to get the 3 coins on the right, thinking it is not real lava, but it WAS lava, so next time I manage to get there (which would probably take 2 hours of trying, so it probably won't be today, maybe not even tommorrow) I will look for a way to get to the metal boxes.

So far, if there are no further surprises, I would say that the difficulty level is 9.5/10.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 132/195 levels released, NEW: "Flight of the Lone Wanderer")

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:06 pm

Interesting, I wonder what is your method for getting to that section, as it is not intended to take all too long, so far as you: use the keg, boulder + reflector for the bridge north of the kaboom.

Beyond this, getting those three coins is the bulk of the level, so you may still be a few days out from completion. Once you figure it out though, it is just repetition for all the boxes. Regarding other surprises, nothing too major, as long as you and that pesky Kaboom are amicable towards one another...

Difficulty updated - I guess the element of surprise makes it a lot harder than if you could see the teleporters.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Interesting, I wonder what is your method for getting to that section, as it is not intended to take all too long, so far as you:...
Yes, I am, but I must leave 3 boxes on the left in order to reach the bonus coins, thus I cannot afford to have a safe path for the keg by closing the gates, so first I need to clear the road of spirits and that takes risk and time.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:22 pm

In fact you can close the green gate! It sounds like you are doing the following: pushing the cannon across first to clear some of the rainbow spirits - which would remove the top two boxes, and presumably one of the bottom ones in the process?

Yes, that method is very difficult... However if you are doing something like that, then it is not at all necessary. Rather the solution is quite safe and simple, though maybe you prefer to discover it yourself - here it is: just use the cannon to destroy the box in the middle on the green button first, then get rid of it (you don't need the cannon for anything other than that). You can then jump on/off the button to kill all the spirits later.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:34 pm

I will not look at your hint, I rather find it myself: At the moment I do manage to keep the two middle boxes and ONE of the top boxes, which means that I must be both quick and lucky.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:09 pm

I see - you are doing things in a very crazy method!

For certain you must find the neat solution first. That will greatly reduce time/stress spent getting to the boxes.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:54 am

Glad to report that Over the Rainbow (level #125) is complete, using my crazy method.

The metal-box puzzle was easy and conventional, it does not add difficulty.

Over the last day I have perfected my crazy method and now get it every time I do not do something stupid.

Then, part of the routine for this level, is to leave the cannon to do its work and go do something else for 5 minutes.

Is it part of the intended solution to take a break and discover that there is a world outside the computer?

One advantage of my crazy method is that I do not need to worry about the kaboom: he is kept locked out behind (East of) the reflector.

Now I will go and look at the hint...
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:04 pm

Saw and tried the hint.

I did not do that previously just because I didn't think that it was possible. Now I found how!

Still, I wonder whether it is worth the troubles with the kaboom later on when trying to achieve some serious work.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:46 pm

Nice work perfecting your method - for that to be intended, it would be crazy even for me! Indeed the metal box bit is not too bad. For the kaboom, you can also trap it behind the yellow gate after getting rid of the plasma cube.
Amnon wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:54 am
Is it part of the intended solution to take a break and discover that there is a world outside the computer?
Haha, one might say, that it should be intentional! From a certain standpoint, this here could be the best advantage of your method. You could make some coffee or tea. Or go for a walk. While rainbow spirits die.

Now good luck solving #126, it is a challenge, though I will be interested to see if it is as hard to crack as I think it is...
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:48 am

Now introducing...

The INDUSTRIAL PARK.

This level is dangerous. It's mostly an obstacle course level - some will love it, others will hate it. But you have a lot to conquer either way. I recommend practicing each section individually before trying to tackle the whole thing, because it's tough as hell (pun intended).

Lv133 - "Industrial Park" (9/10)

Download Notes:

Enjoy!!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 133/195 levels released, NEW: "Industrial Park")

Post by Amnon » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:00 pm

Now good luck solving #126, it is a challenge, though I will be interested to see if it is as hard to crack as I think it is...
It is a great level. It didn't take me that far to get where I am at - to take all coins, but now I need to get to the exit, which does look a challenge. I will keep trying...
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 133/195 levels released, NEW: "Industrial Park")

Post by Tech Warrior » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:20 pm

Amnon wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:00 pm
It is a great level. It didn't take me that far to get where I am at - to take all coins, but now I need to get to the exit, which does look a challenge. I will keep trying...
Nice work so far. Of course, the real trouble is what you are now deciphering, that of trying to reach the exit. There are two in-level hints should you need them, related to this part of the puzzle. The one at the top is a subtle hint useful once you figure out what you need to do. The one behind the purple gate in the middle is a major hint, to be used only if you get completely stumped.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:44 am

Level #126 complete.

A great level and I would say its difficulty is no more than 9/10.

Thanks!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:51 am

Just checked the hints: glad I did not look at them.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:16 am

NICE work - glad you enjoyed it, #126 was a favorite to design!

Now the finale is not too tough to figure out in comparison, however still a worthy final challenge - should you pass the test, that is...