What a Coin arrangement

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Armando
Rainbow Wonderlander

What a Coin arrangement

Post by Armando » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:43 pm

hi BIGZIPZ,
Your coin puzzle is a doozy. I've reached them easily enough, but I've tried so many combinations to no avail. I've drawn the coin arrangement on paper and tried to solve the puzzle at a more leisurely pace but the best I can do is to leave one coin behind. It drives me up a wall when I can't get past a certain area in a level, and without meaning to boast, it doesn't happen too often, but it sure has this time. A subtlel hint in which direction to initially start out would be tremendous, and I will understand if you are loathe to do this. I liked the start of the level and I have to believe it will be interesting right to the end. Good job.
Armando
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:52 pm

Im assuming you mean in the "get your skates on" level? yep your right that is a difficult coin puzzle, and all I will say is that ur first move on the puzzle itself (not the level) determines wether it is possible to collect all coins or not. Maybe someone else will drop a hint for you :)
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:54 pm

I actually like this puzzle so much I included it in another level, but since I figured alot would know the solution by then, I added a few nasties :D
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:23 pm

BIGZIPZ wrote:Maybe someone else will drop a hint for you :)
This is a tricky one indeed. How did i do it?

****TEENSY WEENSY HINT/SPOILER AHEAD*****

Perhaps it might be easier to start with one coin less. :P :D

~Old Bear
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:28 pm

I dont understand that hint lol, but your proof it is possible to get EVERY coin on this level.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:16 pm

Small hint: there is a level in RTW that has these sorts of coin puzzles (not the exact same ones of course). If you've solved that level, apply what you learn there to BIGZIPZ's level. If you haven't, well, someone else here was once stumped on that RTW level and asked for help on the Discussion Board here (he/she eventually figured out the trick on his/her own though and mentioned the trick on that thread).
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:05 pm

BIGZIPZ wrote:I dont understand that hint lol, but your proof it is possible to get EVERY coin on this level.
*****POSSIBLE SPOILER*****

I did a walk on/walk off with one of the first coins. It was then easy to get the rest.
Armando
Rainbow Wonderlander

Coin Puzzle

Post by Armando » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:35 pm

Hi Bearsland,
Your little tip was a big help in helping me get a good night's sleep tonight. It never ceases to amaze me how easily it is to get stuck in a rut from which there seems to be no solution. Thanks again. I now have one more "trick" to use in my puzzle solving. Armando