New Level -- Wherever I May Boom

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Level -- Wherever I May Boom

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:53 pm

14x14, reasonable difficulty, misdirection isn't too cruel... anyway, the attempt here was to create a level with a more classical feel to it, making it look more "clean" and less cluttered with weirdly placed objects. I also tried adding different floor tiles for decoration. Not sure how that worked out in the end.

Might be a little tricky, but shouldn't be "nigh impossible" like the previous level was, so I think more people should be able to do it this time. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:52 pm

Straight forward, thanks!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:30 pm

It takes 1:27 minutes to complete (4:53 left).
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Amnon wrote:It takes 1:27 minutes to complete (4:53 left).
That makes me a bit suspicious -- can you PM me the gist of your solution? I'm trying to understand whether I've missed something or you were just really fast. :lol: I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be loopholes, but what do I know...

EDIT: Just got 4:25, so it took me 1:55 minutes. I can see how your time might be achievable without needing any "abnormal" solutions as long as you've found a better route and have cut some time that I had to spend waiting for the boomer to arrive.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:33 pm

Wow! A Muzo level I could finish, that doesn't happen very often for me. :D

A fun challenge, thank-you.
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi Muzo
Peegue boomed it right. :D
What a jump, and what a fun to figure it out!
Thanks a bunch for this impressive level.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:09 am

I'm trying to understand whether I've missed something or you were just really fast.
Don't worry, it's the latter - I did this as intended except for one little trick that shortens the wait.
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:10 am

Finally had time to play this one today!
And what an awesome puzzler it was! :)
Pure Magic Indeed! 8)

I'm happy to see you back in action, my friend! :D
And I love the smaller compact size on this one. :wink:
Mark
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:26 am

OK, I might actually be able to get a better time now because you've simplified and streamlined the sequence so well.

Thanks! :wink:

And yes, this is the intended solution.

P.S. Don't worry, my main size will still be 14x14 or very slightly bigger for a long time to come. However, I will occasionally try to make bigger levels. :wink:
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:35 am

Muzozavr wrote:OK, I might actually be able to get a better time now because you've simplified and streamlined the sequence so well.
I still messed up at the end. There were so many ways to cut time that I see now after the video. :roll:
Mark
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:52 am

OK, I might actually be able to get a better time now because you've simplified and streamlined the sequence so well.
It seems a few communications are lost here, can you get me into the loop?
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:05 am

Nice tricks, Mark - some didn't cross my mind, such as jailing the kaboom, perhaps because I was in such a hurry to finish it quickly.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

I Go Boom

Post by Jutomi » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:37 am

This was a magnificent spectacle which made the seeminly impossible possible - and in such a simplex and fun way, too!

Thank you for the intricate and quite neat adventure, Muzozavr. :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Sassy Gal
Bronze Wonderlander

Re: New Level -- Wherever I May Boom

Post by Sassy Gal » Sun May 31, 2020 9:53 pm

If anyone would like to help me out! I'm assuming there is a jump to be made that involves not having to put any sort of item on the green button?! But since jumping is what I am the WORST at in this game ;) could someone let me know if I'm on the right track? You need to jump down behind the closed green gate and if so, how please?????

Any help is appreciated,
Deb
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:50 am

You're on the right track alright. Hint: You need to block the left teleporter from above, so that you're forced to exit onto the spring below. Took me a bit to figure it out - it's actually quite clever.
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
Sassy Gal
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Sassy Gal » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:10 am

rainbowmon wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:50 am
You're on the right track alright. Hint: You need to block the left teleporter from above, so that you're forced to exit onto the spring below. Took me a bit to figure it out - it's actually quite clever.
Thanks for replying! I've tried it again but still stumped as to HOW and what to move to the top of that left TP! More hints, please!!!!! I just can't see it yet!! :oops:
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:54 am

Hint 2: Getting something on the tile above the left teleporter isn't enough - otherwise, you'll simply push it. You need something else in the tile above that, so there's nowhere to push the object to. So the question is, what in the level is able to actually reach that space, 2 tiles above the left teleporter? Preferably something that *DOESN'T* leave ectoplasm behind everywhere. I think you can imagine how attempting to use that stuff to block something would go... (Those last 2 sentences are a little cryptic, I know - but spelling out the solution would take away the fun of solving it, wouldn't it?)
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:01 pm

Very clever puzzle! I figured out early on how to block the top of the red teleporter, but not why I needed to until later! I'll try playing more of your levels at some point! :stinkyhappy:
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson