New Level (Advanced) - Very Impossible Maze

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Re: New Level (Advanced) - Very Impossible Maze

Post by Lazy Loof » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Thanks.
Previously known as Aryan101
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:21 pm

I am very glad that I decided not to play this. 80×75? Yikes.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:22 am

Welp... I've been procrastinating about doing this way too much... I haven't even started... *sigh* Sometime, I'll get to this. Likely when I feel like a good puzzle. Which could be a while.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:41 am

Eeeeeeh... this isn't a good puzzle.

This looks like a level made with an excited "Ooooh, I have an idea, let's go!" mindset, without actually checking if the resulting idea is fun. 3D maze in RTW? Yeah, that... doesn't really work all that well.

Add the size ("Ooooh, I'll make the biggest one yet!") and the fake wall model (OK, the hint was a neat idea, but you might not find it) and it becomes a chore. I played the 2D version without the model just to see if it's theoretically doable (it is) and even THEN the level takes a lot of time. I'm not touching the 3D version, ever.

Mind you, I made a similar "Ooooh, I have an idea, let's go!" mistake myself when I designed "Double Take", thinking that surely a brilliant puzzle would make for a brilliant level. Turns out that being claustrophobically locked into a small room and hauling a single link sphere in circles for a very long time in an excruciatingly precise manner isn't that much fun at all, no matter how clever the underlying concept might be.

But a 3D maze? That seems like one of the first things you'd experience yourself in the Platinum pack and, therefore, learn to avoid in your own designs... because even the two official 3D levels aren't much fun. :lol:

Anyway, as far as 3D mazes go, this one probably took quite time and effort to design. It's a big one. Unfortunately, I think most people will not find this fun at all.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:41 am
Eeeeeeh... this isn't a good puzzle.

This looks like a level made with an excited "Ooooh, I have an idea, let's go!" mindset, without actually checking if the resulting idea is fun. 3D maze in RTW? Yeah, that... doesn't really work all that well.

Add the size ("Ooooh, I'll make the biggest one yet!") and the fake wall model (OK, the hint was a neat idea, but you might not find it) and it becomes a chore. I played the 2D version without the model just to see if it's theoretically doable (it is) and even THEN the level takes a lot of time. I'm not touching the 3D version, ever.

Mind you, I made a similar "Ooooh, I have an idea, let's go!" mistake myself when I designed "Double Take", thinking that surely a brilliant puzzle would make for a brilliant level. Turns out that being claustrophobically locked into a small room and hauling a single link sphere in circles for a very long time in an excruciatingly precise manner isn't that much fun at all, no matter how clever the underlying concept might be.

But a 3D maze? That seems like one of the first things you'd experience yourself in the Platinum pack and, therefore, learn to avoid in your own designs... because even the two official 3D levels aren't much fun. :lol:

Anyway, as far as 3D mazes go, this one probably took quite time and effort to design. It's a big one. Unfortunately, I think most people will not find this fun at all.
This idea of the maze is actually very old. Long time ago (I'll not post the year!) I had created a maze which I thought should be the most burdensome maze ever! I made it. That first version was similar to this one, just it was smaller and had less game-play elements as my Wonderland knowledge was very young that time. After that, as my Wonderland knowledge increased gradually, I added new game-play elements. Also, at first the maze was not compact as this one, there were many walls ans so less corridors to venture. But at one time, I made more corridors and thus making the maze more arduous to solve.

But unfortunately, that level gone along with my old hard disk format and replacement.

However, I preserved my idea and rebuild the level. This level, more or less looks similar to the original one, except for the size and the fake wall model. But now listen to me how do I made the maze! I just randomly made corridors randomly connected them with others, randomly placed fake walls, randomly placed coins etc. And thus this is the most strenuous maze ever! I know many people won't play it but I just wanted to make a "most difficult RTW 3D level".
Previously known as Aryan101
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:31 pm

I suspected there was a "most difficult 3D maze ever" intent to its design.

Yeah, it works, but most people won't like this type of difficulty, myself included.

(And speaking of difficulty, forgive me for tooting my own horn, but I really need to figure out "Deceptively Deceptive" again, cause I have forgotten most of the exact steps needed to solve the top half of the level... I remember how it ends, but actually getting to that point is ridiculous! Take a look at it if you want to see a strong contender for "most difficult 2D RTW level"...)
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.