New Level: Stoned

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

New Level: Stoned

Post by ab-47 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:20 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level: Stoned

Post by Amnon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:14 am

Amazing!!! What a great puzzle!!!

Why have you deleted your previous levels?
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Amnon wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:14 am
Why have you deleted your previous levels?
They were horrible, but I might plan on doing more RTW based levels in the future. :lol: :oops:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:06 am

The bottom right bridge tile is a 2-step... my solution is fine with it being 1-step. Is that intentional?

The chomper is a nice way to prevent certain minor shortcuts. I actually spent some time on trying to use the chomper as part of the solution, but that wasn't the way, of course.

The only minor issue (if my solution is correct) is how the final move works (or doesn't) - if you go too fast, it won't work. You have to make a tiny pause, then it works. It works predictably enough, so it's not an issue, you just have to realize that's what you have to do, otherwise the spheres won't behave the way you want to.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:27 am

The bottom right bridge tile is a 2-step... my solution is fine with it being 1-step.
Mine too.
I actually spent some time on trying to use the chomper as part of the solution, but that wasn't the way, of course.
Why, the chomper stands on the button to allow me through the conveyor!

if you go too fast, it won't work. You have to make a tiny pause
Not in my solution.

It seems we found two different ones...

So because of this 2-step bridge, I guess that there are 3 (or more) different solutions,
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:08 pm

Well, I meant getting the chomper out and involving it in the sphere action... yeah, I don't know why I was trying that.

RE: final move... hmm. I first tried to do the move "hands on" and died, so then I did it in a more "remote control" fashion and succeeded with a small pause. However, I just realized that you can do it "hands on" if you reverse the order of which sphere you push when, which allows a pause-less approach with the same overall solution... and then, if you do that, instead of rolling all the way up like it should, the bottom sphere rolls one tile and just stops.

Yes, the layout allows you to get it out of the way (and, looking at the layout, I presume this possibility was planned for), but as for the quirk itself... what in the heck?! That's one huge accidental discovery. The solution doesn't really depend on it either way, but still, what a find.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Well Muzo, I am lost as to what you did, what "hands on" and "remove control" mean.

Here is what I did (sorry, the new board does not allow MP4 or large files, so the resolution is poor):
Stoned.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:18 pm

OK, so my overall solution was pretty much the same, except I did most things on the left side of the board, rather than the right side of the board. In the finale, however, for some reason I thought I had to get rid of both spheres at once (instead of one-by-one like you're doing) and ended up sending them crashing into each other. In my variation on the left side, at least:

1) Pushing the yellow sphere first and then pushing the "main" (inside the corridor) red sphere down results in death
2) Pushing the "main" red sphere first and then the yellow sphere results in the red sphere crashing, the yellow sphere rolling one tile up and just stopping. (what?!)
3) Doing everything remotely (without touching the main red sphere in the corridor) too quickly results in the wrong sphere surviving the crash.
4) Pausing in 3) resolves this problem.

I'm super tired, but I'll try to record later on. My original solution would work even without the "side room" that the two laser gates provide (you could have just one laser gate on each side), so I suppose your ending is closer to what was originally planned.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:44 pm

Well, a bit of a late reply coming from someone who hasn't even played this,
(though, tbf, I believe the epi-half of the WA community held a stream where this level was featured)

but I recently uploaded Amnon's solution to this here. Nice level. :)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.