Krabby Quest: New Level - Weird day in Bikini Bottom

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Krabby Quest: New Level - Weird day in Bikini Bottom

Post by nasko222 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:57 pm

first, sorry for uploading here. I searched a forum for krabby quest level but i didnt found

The level is WEIRD
Its very easy if u dont want all bonus bubbles

Good luck XD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Krabby Quest: New Level - Weird day in Bikini Bottom

Post by Amnon » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Taking all the coins is easy, but finding the exit is impossible!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:30 pm

... because it's a Krabby Quest level. :wink:

A while ago, someone changed the RTW editor to allow making custom levels for Krabby Quest, which is a Spongebob-themed Wonderland-styled game created by MS themselves. Not sure how the custom level loading was modded into it, but there are some important differences between RTW and Krabby Quest. In particular, Krabby Quest does not have the concept of an "exit" -- as soon as you collect all the patties (coins), the level ends. Think "Stinker Rescue" in Secret Worlds...

There are some other differences (Krabby Quest's beach balls work differently from RTW's boulders, and only Spongebob can actually push them, Patrick just bursts them), but the exit one is the most important. Sorry, that makes the level impossible in RTW.

I never bothered to figure out all the "Krabby Quest custom levels" stuff, especially since no one really used it... until now, that is. So I didn't actually play the level itself, but I know what your issue is and your issue is that it's not an RTW level in the first place.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:28 pm

i can help both installing krabby quest editor. Contact me on discord nasko222#1337 , muzo have me on the speedrunning community. But you Amnon can contact me there or in PM in forums. but im most active on discord. I will help to install the krabby quest editor
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:09 am

Thanks Nasko, but I never install any software unless it comes directly from the website of a reputable company. The risk is just too great.

Why not just add an exit token somewhere? You could even make a little puzzle of it!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:45 pm

I assure the program is safe, given it's made by a well-known (at least, on the WA side of things) member and excellent modder in charge of some ambitious projects.

But that as an aside, it does ask the question of why this would have to be a krabby quest level if it doesn't have any krabby quest-specific elements at play. :P

(unless it does, and it makes the level harder in the process)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:25 am

I understand that the Krabby-Quest editor has no exits, but having gone that far to convert this level into an RTW level, is it really that difficult to hex-edit it only to convert one of the existing spaces into an exit-gate?
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:59 pm

I know i am quite late into this, because i wasn't active at RTW forums, but now i jumped to post my new adventure.

SO. There are difficult elements, but the IDs of them are different in RTW

for example ID 1 in RTW is something, ID 1 in KB is something else.
Also if you really want to play it in RTW, just edit it. I don't mind :)