New Level - Return to Wondertrolls

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level - Return to Wondertrolls

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:09 am

This is the closest scientists have gotten to the exact opposite of a good RTW level.

If you already have an old outdated KOOKY090.LV6 in your custom levels folder, be sure to replace it with this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level - Return to Wondertrolls

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:32 am

Not even RTW is safe. No-one goes untrolled.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:47 am

Due to various circumstances, I'm currently running RTW on Wine under Linux and, well, Wine isn't sober enough to handle all this craziness and one tile near the very end of the level that should work relatively normally instead crashes the game whenever I step on it, making it impossible for me to finish. Also, whenever I died or tried to change levels, the game would also crash. From what I understand, none of this happens to non-Wine users, but if you're on Wine, be careful: first it's more annoying to play in general, then its finale turns out to be impossible. It seems that some hex-edited tiles, especially the crazier ones, have "undefined behavior"-ish side effects, and are handled differently on Windows and Wine.

If you aren't running it under Wine, disregard all of this, it should work properly, and up until the "I'm literally a few steps away from the end but physically can't finish" moment, I enjoyed it even with having to restart the whole game every time I died. Every bit of trolling is creative and some are almost certain to catch you unaware. It's fun, trolly, hilarious and knows exactly how to make each new step unexpected without making it feel impossibly unguessable at any point. Despite my personal Wine-related misfortunes, I really recommend this one, very good, very clever!
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:51 am

Is it intended to complete this level without the two coins?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:58 am

Yes, it's that trolly. :lol:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:49 pm

Fortunately, you do not need all of the rainbow coins for the game to consider your level completion as Gold.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:08 pm

Minimus's avatar at the time of my posting this is precisely how I feel about this level. :D

Incidentally, excellent in every regard. I feel for literally everything (though I admit I did record a couple bonus clips because I did technically do a couple of bonus clips cause I did miss a couple) and then some. Incidentally,

My full playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23FJPKKHaLs (Definitely one of my more highly-edited videos)
and a solution that's honestly much less interesting so I sped it up 100%: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMoCYJXDkWE
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:21 pm

Wow.

I believe that this song from the third Care Bears movie can sum up this level.

A masterpiece from Mamoru Spielberg, the same man that directed "Rainbow Spirit in the Shell" and "Literally The Only Piece Of Urusei Yatsura Media That Most People Look At". I enjoyed Peegue's quest to save Underland from the evil Marcell Toing, proud owner of restaurant, Ratatatatoing. The animation, gameplay, music, writing, and even coding were all on point.

2980947207298589357285875/-0 would read again Image