New Level [ADV] - Through Thick and Thin [+Transporter Glitch Details]

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

New Level [ADV] - Through Thick and Thin [+Transporter Glitch Details]

Post by Jutomi » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:29 pm

Alright, so while not named after one of the Anomaly levels... it's still basically part of the level set. I just got tired of naming my levels after anomalies of various dryness... :lol:

Besides, I think this one has some good word play... ;)

Warning: This adventure is (probably) brutally difficult and relies in major game glitches. Unless you have a deep understanding of what in the name of Patrick is going on under the hood... this might prove to be nothing short of impossible.

I will give a deeper explanation as to how broken transporters work - at least, my best understanding of them - probably over the weekend. Even with all of that information, this level may prove to be difficult. Or I might be seriously misjudging myself... (in either direction...)

either way, good luck :lol:

Commentated Guide to Glitched Transporters

My video solution~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jutomi on Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level [ADV] - Through Thick and Thin [+Transporter Glitch Details]

Post by Jutomi » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:17 am

I have posted my Commentated Guide to Glitched Transporters in the original post of this level, as well as Checking Out of Reality. I hope this helps anyone who wants to try to solve this on their own, but is wholly unfamiliar with the glitch even after trying to understand it :P

(Warning: Even knowing everything from the video, this level is still remarkably difficult.)

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level [ADV] - Through Thick and Thin [+Transporter Glitch Details]

Post by Jutomi » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:38 pm

Finally uploaded my video solution! Only took nearly two months, eh? :lol:
(Linked in the original post.)

Yeah, this is a weird one. If you need further explanation as to what the heck is going on, I'd recommend watching my video on glitched transporters (also linked on the OP).

However, a brief rundown:
Spoiler wrote:Transporter priority is important. You want to make sure that you "break" the lower of the two, because the first-generated one (i.e. the upper one) is what you want to have pushed out of whack.

When you break the transporter, you also cause the first-generated Control transporter to slide one space to the left. This allows you to push a box on it, as it is a functioning "unhinged ghost transporter". Make sure to block that transporter and box with that other box!

Then you jump onto where that loose-canon transporter was supposed to be, and you update it by walking one tile down. Note: You can also go up if you'd like, but you won't get gold this way - hence why you'd want to push in the metal box and prepare the wooden box by the green teleporter.

If you move down, then the transporter that was under the box will become a normal transporter in the floor. This lets you walk onto it and collect all of the bonus coins from the other side.

Lastly, the red teleporter is busted because you converted the other one to a glitched static metatile.
Hope this helps explain what even a solution and transporter guide might be unable to achieve?