FAQ: Some Useful Links and Things To Know

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

FAQ: Some Useful Links and Things To Know

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu May 26, 2005 10:49 pm

By popular request, here's a "Sticky" thread for everyone to post links to important/useful topics, such as "how to download levels", etc.

These posts will be edited from time to time for brevity. Please do not post "chatter" on this thread - it will be deleted.

+++++++++++++++++++

A useful site to download a whole lot of custom levels, houses, models, etc at once is:

http://www.midnightsynergy.com/nutters/

(formerly hosted by Mette, now the material resides on the Midnight Synergy website)

The same site also includes the multi-language Guide To Wonderland.
Last edited by Midnight Synergy on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Janet Galle's excellent Custom Downloads Tutorial

Post by Bearsland » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:46 am

Janet Galle's excellent Custom Downloads Tutorial

For more info see the original thread: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3532
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

How to ask for help on a level

Post by Bearsland » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:54 pm

How to ask for help on a level

Here's a little tip when asking for help.

State which Game, World Number, Level Number and Level Title. (e.g. Return to Wonderland Classic: World 3 - Level 4 "Not so Fast".)

It makes it so much easier for the members here to provide you with a solution.

The board also has a Search function; you may be able to find the answer already posted by someone.

Bear 8)
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:22 pm

I just want to add to Bear's post:

It's best to ask your questions about levels from the original games in the Level Solutions Forum. You'll get an answer much faster that way.

Mette
Last edited by mette on Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
\Mette
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Floors, walls, backgrounds

Post by janetgalle » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:34 pm

As requested:

Here are some pics I made for reference when making a level.
They are kind of small, but they serve the purpose.
jg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

tallwalls_towers and bridge tiles

Post by janetgalle » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:20 pm

As requested:

Here are some pics I made for reference when making a level.

jg
Shorty
Rainbow Star

How to add animations!

Post by Shorty » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:04 pm

When using Mozilla Firefox :

Once you find an animation that you want you right click on it and click on "Copy image location",Please do not get this confused with "copy link location" ...

When using internet explorer:

When you find the animation you would like to use, Right click and goto properties then you copy the link next to where it says address: (URL)

Once you have your image then you right click and paste it where you want (Profile/post)... When you're pasting the animation in a post you're making in the forum up at the top underneath "subject" it will say B,i,u,Quote,code,list,list=,img and url you will want to click img which will come out Image after the image location.. So it will look like this
Image (Of course with a different link.gif) but without the spaces between the Image and the image location!!!!

In order for your animation to work you always have to have Image after just like that,no spaces!!!!

It's the same if you want an animation in your profile except you have to type it out Image, there's no B,i,u,Quote,code,list,list=,img,url option!!!

in the end it will look something like this Image
Last edited by Shorty on Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

How to make and post a screenshot

Post by mette » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:36 pm

How to make and post a screenshot

A lot of forumites have asked me how to make and post a screenshot, so I've made a little tutorial. I found it easier to make a web page than trying to get it all directly onto the forum. It can be found at http://wonderland.nutters.dk/screen.htm.

Mette
Last edited by mette on Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

How to use the search function

Post by mette » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:10 pm

How to use the search function

Before asking for help on a level, it's a good idea to try the search function on the forum.

You will find the search function at the top of the forum (marked in purple in the screenshot below). Click "Search".

You will now enter the search function. If you for example need help on WSW - The Void - Trapped in a Vortex type "void and vortex" in the search field. Since this is level from an original Wonderland game, your answer will likely be in the Level Solutions forum, so be sure to choose that as the search area as indicated below.

Click the "Search" button (marked in red below) and you have help right away.

If your search is unsuccessful try experimenting a little with the keywords you write in the search field. Please note that sometimes only one word is needed. In my example "vortex" would have been enough to find the results, but it also produces links to help on RTWC W9 L1.

If you have truly done your best with the search function and you're still no closer to finding your answer, then by all means ask for help and someone will be happy to provide it :D

Mette
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

BBCode

Post by mette » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:31 pm

What is BBCode and how is it used?

I have recieved a number of questions about BBCode and it's usage. Like: "Why won't my quote come out right" and "What does the "Img" button do?".

You can find all the answers (and then some) in the BBCode user guide:
http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode

Mette
\Mette
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Sat May 06, 2006 5:53 pm

Here's how you would download a texture. First click on the file. Create(or use) a custom textures folder. Save it in there. Next, go to your RTW directory. Click on the texture folder a few times. You should see an option that says, extract all files. Click it. When it's done, click on the unzipped folder twice. You should see a folder. Click it once. Select move this folder. Move it to custom textures. Click yes if it tries to overwrite.Now, try a level that uses that texture. If you did it right, it should show.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon May 07, 2007 1:33 pm

How to use a Custom thing in your level
FOR TEXTURES

1. Load the level editor, press Shift-T (QWERTY keyboard). A prompt for a directory will appear. This is the name of a sub-directory inside the "CustomTextures" directory that you created in step 1.

2. Select "Custom" as your Style type.

FOR BACKGROUNDS

1. Load the level editor, press Shift-G (QWERTY keyboard). A prompt for a directory will appear. This is the name of a sub-directory inside the "CustomBackground" directory that you created above.

2. Select "Custom" as your Background type.

For Models
Now load the editor, and press SHIFT-M (QWERTY KEYBOARD) to activate the Custom Models. A textbox will appear prompting you to enter the name for the custom model directory to use for this level. Enter the same directory name, "f360ZUTJRE". Note that this name now appears at the bottom of your editor screen. Now create a level, just using Stinky and what will hopefully be Stinky's brand new car. You can have up to four custom models in each directory, corresponding to the "A","B","C", and "D" objects. Since we named our model "model1", we have to use the "A" object.

Let's try it out. Save the level, load the game and play the level - and voila, there's Stinky, looking understandably happy!

Let's deal with some finer points. First, notice that Stinky can walk "into" the car. This is because the Wonderland game has no way of knowing what shape or size your custom model will be. Hence all tiles, except the one where the actual "A" object sits, remain "walkable". Let's change that. Load the editor, and use the "X" floor tile to restrict the tiles of the level that the car sits on. The fit is not perfect, but the car sits roughly on 3x5 tiles. Let's restrict those, except for the tile where the car door is, and let's hide a bonus coin right there.

Copy From MS's Lev. User Guide)
I can't copy all the things because the title is How to USE,But not Make.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
loof101
Rainbow Master

Post by loof101 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:10 am

How do you use Custom Houses?

Okay. Here we go:

1. Press SHIFT+H (QWERTY keyboard)
2. In the directory that appears, write in the name of the house style you want (i.e simple414), and press enter.
3. You'll return to the editor screen. Look at the bottom, it says H:simple414 (exampling with same house as before)
4. Put in any of the houses that has an arrow on it. Click the house with a 1, 2, 3, or 4 on it, and place it so there is one space between it and the house with an arrow on it.
5. Save the level and run it ingame. Did it work?
(Note: If the folder for houses has a house1.jpg and house3.jpg in it, but you put a house with 3 or 4 in the editor, it will have that style house instead of the custom style)
Sonic In Super Smash Bros. Brawl? NO WAI
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:50 pm

Just have to say thanks for all the tips :D

also three things about the RTW editor (that might have been mentioned before).

1.Pressing the letter "U" on the RTW editor is a shortcut for pressing undo.
2.Pressing the letter "B" on the RTW editor is a shortcut for pressing block.
3.on RTW editor if you right click the sizing grid after you have already left
clicked on it then it will make the grid smaller again.

I hope these three tips will come in handy :D :D :D
Blink
Rainbow Master

Post by Blink » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:45 am

Is it possible to make custom houses yourself, in MS Paint?

Then again, I can't find a way to access files in the Level Editor.