Small World II - The levels

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:52 am

Well I think my brain finally short circuited! These levels are awesome and I thank all the level makers for their wonderful talents! I have now finished 17 of them (I think luck was on my side a few times)! I have made progress on 2 of the remaining 3 so far. I got a feeling I will never figure out one of them but we will see. I hope I can get some rest tonight so maybe the :idea: will come on tomorrow!
Thanks for coordinating and organizing everything Mette!

Donna
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:29 am

:D :D :D I bet I know the one your talking about Donna. :D :D :D

17 Thats great, I'm still stuck at 13. :lol:
Keeks
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:17 pm

ann3120 wrote: I'm having fun trying, though. Trouble is, I'll still be trying long after
the competition is over, the prizes awarded, the accolades given,
and every one's gone home.
There'll still be this one lonely little candle, flickering in the shadows behind the curtain,
as the little old lady (wearing purple) is heard to mutter,
"It's got to be possible, the others did it,
Don't worry Ann, I'll park my candle next to yours, together we will light the way out of the darkness!
Yes, I see it! The end of the tunnel....but it's sooooooo..... faaaaar....... away!
I have only completed 7. :roll:

Might I suggest that each level maker get a walk through written up about his/her own level. (please)
You could post it to Mette and she could post all of them in the forum, maybe 2 or 3 days before scoring is due.
What do you think?

jg
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:25 pm

JG, I'm ready for some help now. I have completed 11. Of the remaining 9, a couple of them a hint would help to complete them. Others of the 9 are so diabolical that I probably will never complete them without a walkthrough. :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:39 pm

Good idea Janet :D :P :D

I have now completed 15 levels - I am exhausted :shock:
Lillie
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:10 pm

Lillie - you're a hero completing 15!!!! I just managed to complete my 13th today (which I bet was Malc's) with loads of bruises. The remaining ones I have no clue about. There's one, which I'm betting is by Kiki, that I can do everything except one section.

I agree, each level maker should send a solution to Mette, so she can post them anonymously (I'm not sure of the splellling at this time of nihgt)!
:lol: :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:28 pm

I'm with Liz. Have completed 13 & have given up on the rest -- no clue whatsoever. Think the walk-thru is an excellent idea. Congrats, Lillie, on completing 15 -- I would never make it. Some of these are extremely difficult.
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:33 pm

Thanks for the praise girlies - but one of the 15 could be mine if I have entered :wink: So it could only be 14 - which is only one more than you two 8)

There are two which I can't even really start at all - probably won't even be able to do it with a walkthrough either :lol: :lol: :lol: The three others are doable I am sure - I just can't get my head round them at the mo! I've only got till Sunday so I'd better keep plodding away at it :shock:
Lillie
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:36 pm

I'm at 8 and working on more. My brain is starting to hurt but I will push on and try to get more.

:-)

Jen
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:59 pm

I am waaaay behind with everything on the forum let alone these levels, it's scarey just reading all your comments. :shock: :lol:

Talking of spoilers, I know someone who could give hints on any level but don't know if he would have the time or inclination. :wink:

Must try to get a good nights sleep if I want to tackle this lot tomorrow. :roll:

Good luck everyone. 8)
Minnie. (Polly's big sis)

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:05 am

Lillian wrote:Good idea Janet :D :P :D

I have now completed 15 levels - I am exhausted :shock:
Well done, Lil, but I can better you... just.

I've managed 18 and I've got the the FLU!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Seriously, though, in my honest and humble opinion, anyone who manages to solve more than half of these is doing very, very well. Some of these levels are very hard :twisted: :twisted: , so well done to all who have.

Bear 8)
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:25 am

Hey Bear! Thanks for the blank check. I got a cheap-o monitor that should last through the competetion.

And speaking of that, 16 levels completed! But these last 4 are real doozies!
Loirae
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:16 am

Hi all,

I think it's spoiler time soon. If you want to, you can start sending me hints/walkthroughs to you level (remember to write the Entry letter - I made a list to keeep track, but I refuse to look at it before I've completed them all :wink: )

I've had some questions about the scoring, so let me answer here: You can award points which ever way you want (e.g. you can give more than one level 10 points, you don't have to pick a winner). The only important thing is, that you give all the levels points from 0 to 10. Send me a list like:
EntryA: x points
EntryB: y points and so on

Mette :D

P.S. DKgiz is pround to report that he has completed 19 levels so far :P 8)
\Mette
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:48 am

Phew ... yes .. imminent spoilers sounds like a good plan .. I've got brainache, have only done 12

I'll look forward to seeing them Mette

Thanks

Kazza :) :)
Superterv
Rainbow Master

Post by Superterv » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:04 pm

DKgiz is pround to report that he has completed 19 levels so far
ImageSuperterv, Founder of the *K9 Carers*,
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:10 pm

THAT'S MY BOY! 8) :lol:
Minnie. (Polly's big sis)

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:21 pm

I seem to have created even more confusion about the scoring :oops: I'll try to explain what I mean.

Lets say you are going to award points to EntryA. You must give the level a total number of points no less than zero and no more than ten. You must decide the number of points by considering the categories: Compactness, inventivness and fun. How you weigh these categories are up to you, although fun should be the most important one.

You must follow this procedure with all the levels, so that when you're done, you'll have a list of entries and points (all numbers must be between zero and ten) to send to me.

I hope this clarifies things :D

Mette
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:26 pm

Davimad wrote: Talking of spoilers, I know someone who could give hints on any level but don't know if he would have the time or inclination. :wink:
Bear? Are you up for it? Would anyone object if Bear was to write hints/spoilers to some of the levels?

Mette
\Mette
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:33 pm

I don't care who writes them - just HELP, please :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:39 pm

I don't think he will do it Mette - I know for a fact that he is getting a bit overwhelmed with all the pleas for help lately! He might do it - but I don't think so. What's the problem with the creators making their own walkthroughs/hints?
Lillie
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:13 pm

Here is the first round of spoilers written by the creators:
Entry I wrote: Move Quookie back one square to the safe spot. Switch to Peegue and when the cannon has blasted the boxes push the last one around the ice and into water. When the kaboom is to the right of the reflector run over the water tile to the left of the reflector and when it is safe go right to a sake spot past the barrel. The kaboom will come around and blast the fbarrel.

Go back to the reflector and stepping on the blue timer button, push the reflector around through the blue gate and step on/off the blue round button to keep the gate open. Push the reflector to a safe spot on the right side.

Now step on the water tile by the generator and going through the wall behind the wooden box, push it into the water. This will start the box generator. Push a box around to the water hole by the cannon area. Now go back and push the reflector back around through the blue gate and infront of the cannon to blast the barrels by Quookie. Remember not to step on the blue timer switch as this will activate the blue gate again.

When it is safe, have Quookie take the coins and push the reflector back around through the blue gate to the safe spot on the right of the level. Using both Quookie and Peegue use the boxes to fill the water spaces by and around the second reflector. Once all the spaces have been filled - use both reflectors to blast the barrels by the exit. Using either the two reflectors or another box - fill in the water by the last coins and then exit.
Entry E wrote: Please note: This spoiler has been corrected
See attached picture below.
Stinky is standing on the conveyor button. Loof must push the boulders as shown in the screenshot. Push a boulder onto the dark blue button first. Then Stinky moves onto the aqua button and back immediately. This moves the metal box to the next button. Loof pushes the boulder, Stinky advances the box until all that’s left is the aqua button. (Loof can use the reflector hidden in the wall, to help with the boulder for the green button). Stinky needs to move on and off the aqua button twice to line up the box. Loof pushes the boulder onto the aqua button, then Stinky goes up and round the conveyor to get the bonus. The metal box lands on the conveyor button, so Stinky can get the bonus at the start of the conveyor.

Now use the reflector to blow up the first box (it’s probably blown up already). Collect the bonus coin and use the reflector to blow up the next box. Then place the prism between the 2 side boxes, so they get blown up too. Push the reflector 1 space left until you are ready to use it again. Collect coins. Push box to right of opening onto the conveyor so it smashes. You will find a conveyor timer switch just below.

Pick up coins off top conveyors. There are 2 prisms hidden in the walls as shown. Push the left hand one to the left, onto the conveyor. Go round the right hand conveyor to remove the bridge tile (marked red X), and push the right hand prism to the left. The conveyor will start working again and push the prism into the box (marked red X), which then moves into the water. Push the prism so it lands on top of the sunken box. Wait out of range of cannon fire. Now Stinky (or Loof) moves the reflector back into position to blow up the prisms and the final box to collect the final coin. Go up and stand on the conveyor timer switch to release the Loof (or Stinky) from the top conveyor. Exit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mette on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
\Mette
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:38 pm

Another one also by the creator:
Entry M wrote:
Destroy the barrel inside the boulder generator, with the barrel at the end of the ice to start the barrel generator. (push the barrel onto the ice at the right time)
Send two barrels down the ice to destroy the boxes on the ice, then collect the coins on the ice.
Destroy the boulder that is rolling back and forth with a barrel to get the bonus coin, then you can fill the water with either barrels or boulders.
Carefully gather all the coins in the electro room.
To send barrels down the ice, push them up the wall, follow and then push the barrel back into the wall and then follow (it should come out 2 squares up)
Mette
\Mette
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:16 am

Well I've made it to 13 and it looks like I may be abel to get one more with some serious thinking, but after that so far I'm clueless.

OK enough chatting back to playing.....

:-)

Jen
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:32 am

mette wrote:Would anyone object if Bear was to write hints/spoilers to some of the levels?
Yeah, I would. :shock: :shock: It's up to the contestants to provide them, not me.

Anyway, my spoilers would be no good. Of the 3 solutions posted above, I did 2 of the levels differently. :? :? :?

Bear 8)

btw. You'd be much better posting these spoilers in their own thread, Mette.
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:04 am

Thought I'd just mention that I have posted my scores to Mette.

I know this is likely not be of much interest to people, but I thought I'd share my thoughts anyway. :D

Instead of just plucking a number out of the air, I gave each level a mark out of 10 for each of Mette's 3 guidelines, (Compactness, Inventiveness and Fun). I then took the total and divided it by 3 to get a score out of 10.

Can I just say about this contest that I was immensely disappointed that a few of the level makers seemed to ignore the main competition guideline (i.e. the Fun element) and instead posted levels that (in some cases) are just so hard that a lot of our members probably won't manage to do them (with or without spoilers). This competition was supposed to be about posting FUN levels. Where's the fun in not being able to get anywhere with a level????

There was one level I would have given 0 points if I could have because at least one part of it was so difficult to do, but it was given 1 point because Mette wants it that way.

And here's the shocker... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Old Bear gave one level a perfect score of 10 because it was the only level IMHO that was Compact, Inventive and a whole load of Fun to play.

Well done to all who posted the Fun stuff. :D :D

Bear 8)
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:11 am

I am glad to see some spoilers appearing! I was curious to see if I was completing levels as intended!! I now see that I have completed some of them in my own way! I say each to his own! :D
I have completed 18 levels! Yahoo! One of the remaining ones just isn't working out for me or I am totally off base with it?? Not too sure! The other one I have no clue about but will give it a rest and tackle it again in a couple days. :shock:
Thanks again to all the level makers, some of them were a real joy to play :D while several were not. :twisted:
Donna
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:22 am

Grumpy old Bear! :lol:
I score the same way you do. Three marks of 10 and divide by 3.

I understand your comments on the lack of the fun factor. The first time I sat down, I played each one once. Most weren't fun right away because, of course, I died. :(

But here's where I disagree with you a little: I measure fun by if I'm willing to keep coming back to it even though I know I'll die and probably never finish the puzzle. :lol: The first Evening Stroll was like that for me. I just knew if I tried one more time I'd get it and I never did! (Well, two weeks of playing it 50 times a day and I did :lol: ) But, for me, it was fun cause it fooled me into thinking I was soooo close. On the other hand, I have played puzzles before that were hard and i didn't try again. And I've played levels that were probably easy, but didn't hold my interest to give is a 5th or 6th go.

The four remaining ones for me are likely too hard for me. :oops: And frustrating. But I still come back because I'm sure this time will be my moment. So, not a zero in my book. Granted, maybe not a 10, either. :wink: But that's why it's important for everyone to judge so Mette can have an all around picture.

My two cents.
Loirae
Willwonka4442
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Willwonka4442 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:45 am

Just got past evil poffesor which was awesome.
Some just look to overwhelming for me. Guess Ill
do some this afternoon.
Yeah BULLETS! B-U-L-L-E-T-S!
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:51 pm

Entry G wrote:
There are hidden coins (1 rainbow, 2 bonus) in the bottom wall of the starting section. The light blue button allows the Kaboom to free the Rainbow Spirit so he can collect 2 coins for you. The dark blue button blows up the Kaboom before he can do his job. The yellow timer allows the Rainbow Spirit to free the UFO who should take care of the TNT barrels for you. Use the boulders to complete the path where the barrels were. Use the box to fill in the water at the end of the conveyor. White button frees the Z-bot so he can activate the conveyor timer and allow you to collect more coins and exit the conveyor section. There is one more bonus coin hidden in the right side wall at the bottom of the UFO’s path. That should do it!
Entry C wrote:
Move Qookie so that she pushes the wooden box into the water quickly move round (watch the electro tile) so that the plasma cube blocks the ghosts on the ice.
(It might be an idea to let one (or maybe two) ghost(s) off the ice to blow up the barrell opposite the houses.)
Then go down south to the trees and walk across the end tiles to open the white gate.
Do not go through the light blue teleporter yet!
Go back and destroy the ghosts on the ice and then push the other wooden cube onto the ice to make the bridge onto the island. Follow it.
Collect the coins beyond the white gate to the south-east of the houses (opens the blue gate - watch out for spikes and electro tile).
Go back to the light blue teleporter and go through and collect the coins and return to the island.
Collect the coins in the houses and go through the dark blue teleporter and make your way home.
\Mette
Jacks13
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Jacks13 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:08 pm

Well, I must be missing something here. Even with the spoiler I can't seem to get the boulders correct. The red button is my problem. EntryE. A spoiler had been posted for a level I already completed...ye ha !!!! Sadly, the only one. But at least I did it without the spoiler.
I am also having a problem with the last level. I have collected everything (great fun), however, I can't find how to exit. I've tried pretty much everything I can......the exit eludes me :cry: