New Level (Adv) - Petticoat Lanes

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

New Level (Adv) - Petticoat Lanes

Post by Lillie » Tue May 02, 2006 8:50 pm

Have fun - I'm using Pamster's very pretty "Rose" texture - thanks Girlfriend :P

PS: I've just had this awful realisation that a lot of my levels are based around the same thing - pushing boxes and boulders around ice/conveyors and covering buttons :shock: Here is another one!!!! Promise to try my hand at another type of puzzle next time :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Tue May 02, 2006 9:24 pm

"Something different", huh? Well, you'll never catch me posting a level where you have to push a box :wink:
bob
Chickie
Rainbow Star

Post by Chickie » Tue May 02, 2006 9:57 pm

WHEW!!!!! I almost had to ask for help, but I just stayed on track trying every piece of equipment in every spot possible and FINALLY I figured it out and made it home with the gold star. Great and very tricky level. This one should come with a stinker rating.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue May 02, 2006 11:06 pm

My, what a level! It's ok if your levels are buttons and boxes and boulder and ice and conveyors. It's still a doozie every time. :lol:
Loirae
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Tue May 02, 2006 11:22 pm

Maybe if these levels were mundane or easy walks-in-the-park, we might let ya complain! 8) I never noticed they were the same theme, except maybe they are all STINKERS!! :D I spent the better part of an hour, trying to solve this little gem.

Anyhoo, I tried a zillion combinations, and that was just trying to get to the zbot area. I knew once I got to the first gate, I'd better run!!!! And run I did, and was I ever glad!

We love your levels, Lillie!!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Wed May 03, 2006 1:42 am

I have never considered your levels to be the same thing over and over. They are each so well planned and so neat to work through that it doesn't matter which elements are used. You are definitely not boring me! Now this little doozie took eons to work out! I had to change my plan countless time before I finally got to the gates! Of course I was one coin short and didn't even realize it until it was too late! Found it finally and made it to the exit again! Thanks for another fun challenge, Lillie!
Amadeus!
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Amadeus! » Wed May 03, 2006 3:27 am

Lillie wrote:I've just had this awful realisation that a lot of my levels are based around the same thing - pushing boxes and boulders around
Lillie, all our levels are pushing boxes and boulders around.
Until Patrick gives us some new toys to play with! :wink:

Even with the same old toys, your levels are always fresh and new.
Not to mention beautiful and well designed! :D

This one has a snappy title, and it took me many retries.
Can't count how many times I screamed at Qookie each time
she forgot to step on that conveyor before she pushed. :shock:

She forgot? Maybe it was me... :oops:

Thanks for the fun!
Mark
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Wed May 03, 2006 6:59 am

:D :D :D
I've just had this awful realisation that a lot of my levels are based around the same thing - pushing boxes and boulders around ice/conveyors and covering buttons.
:shock: Wait a minute, What did I miss, Is there some other items I don't know about, :shock: Lillie! You silly plonker, :lol: I think all level makers are guilty of using box's and pushing boulders around ice and conveyors etc... You make some of the most fabulous level designs in Wonderland, And are always giving us a fresh look, Take this level, Not only was it a stinker, It was a major stinker, But a enjoyable stinker, I look forward to playing each and everyone of your puzzles. You rock the very fabric of Wonderland and we are all lucky to have you as a member of this forum. 8)
I thank you for all your brilliantly designed levels, :D
Now quit talking #@$TE and get back into the Editor and CARRY ON. :lol: :shock: 8) :D :)
Keeks
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Thu May 04, 2006 3:47 pm

Here is a hint - a grey box must go in fake wall top left to stop the boulders from being non-useable once they go over the tramp :D

Hope that is of some help :D

PS: Thanks for all the kind words - I didn't say it because I was looking for comments - I just feel that I am running out of ideas for levels. You are all so sweet - kissy poo-poo's x :D
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu May 04, 2006 4:32 pm

I've been working on this one for about an hour. I've solved the first part (always assuming that all the equipment in the top half belongs in the top half - but who knows?) :roll:

It's the z-bot room that's got me in knots. Don't have a clue how to do this and stay alive, or keep the z-bot alive :twisted: :twisted:

Your title reminds me of Petticoat Lane market in the East End of London where we used to go on Sundays. They sold all kinds of things, including puppies, kittens and goats as well as petticoats.

I've lost the plot with your levels recently Lills!
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Thu May 04, 2006 5:12 pm

Lizzie - here is some help with the z-bot part. There are safe spots, but unless you designed it, you wouldn't know where they are :wink:

Once you take the coin and make the first box push, the z-bot will travel further giving you a bit more time to manouver. Also take a coin in the false wall right of the pink TP. Push left box up and stand below it, z-bot will then travel towards the pink TP giving you more time. Next push it right and up into puddle. Stand in walkway. Then push right box up and again stand below it. Then go stand in the spot that the other wood box was in and wait for z-bot to loop the loop again and quickly push box onto green button. Hope that helps :shock: :D
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu May 04, 2006 8:02 pm

Thanks so much hon! Finally managed this one now.

Even with the spoiler it still took me about another 3 tries. It's such an intricate level with so many details to remember (especially that reverse conveyor :twisted: ).

Don't give up making your fandabbiedoozie levels. They are unique, and always look so beautifully composed - even if the players don't feel so composed after trying to solve them! :lol: :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Thu May 04, 2006 9:14 pm

Hello Lillie:

I got a little time to squeeze a level in and I had been wanting to take a run at this for a couple of days now. I see you've posted enough hints, fortunately I was able to handle it using my own overworked resources.
I must say your use of materials at hand and means of transport certainly created great confusion for me, vis-a-vis the pink and red timers!
But all's well that ends well and I'm looking forward to tackling another of your always entertaining creations!
Hope all is well with you,

Best regards,
bob
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Thu May 04, 2006 9:54 pm

SUCCESS AT LAST :!: :!: There were so many little intricate pieces to this puzzle that it really did take me a long time to sort it out. Twice got to the end & moved too fast thru the blue gate & got zonked so it was back to the beginning again & again. Very tricky, Lillie, & an awesome design. Hate to give up & glad I stuck with this. Thanks for another "brain tickler".

jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Petticoat Lanes

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:02 pm

Awe you posted a spoiler :( and here I was patting myself on the back for getting this without help. :D :D Awesome level!!! Keep doing what you are doing, your designs are always great Image
Cathy
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sun May 07, 2006 8:30 pm

Poor Qookie could play the first part of this level blindfolded 8)
Glad you posted a hint on the z-bot part. Some more tries and I was home rich and free.
Funtastic level, thanks :D
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level (Adv) - Petticoat Lanes

Post by Amnon » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:05 am

Thanks for the fun!