New Level (advanced) - Brixham

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level (advanced) - Brixham

Post by Liz Mayhew » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:41 pm

Brixham (pronounced Brixum). More from South Devon, but this time it's a harbour town, not a beach.

I'm using Mette's Wood2 texture which most of you probably have already. Thanks Mette! :D

EDIT: I forgot to put in a pale blue (aqua) gate on this level. I've posted the revised edition lower down the page. :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Liz Mayhew on Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:55 pm

Lovely little town at the sea. But very tricky to find a way out. The boxes room was :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Got it sorted after a lot of tries and am looking forward for the next beach - need some relaxing 8)

P.S.: Was the green timer just a red herring :?: :wink:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:08 pm

Hi Lutzie

No, the green timer was not a red herring! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The entrance to Peegue's boat has a green gate.
(I hope! :shock: - better go and check!)

But now I come to think about it, you don't need to go in that way ...
Oh well!

You found the Loopity Loophole! Congrats Lutz. :wink:

EDIT: Just replayed it, trying to use the other entrance, and it doesn't work that way. The exit would be cut off.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:19 am

:D :D :D Fabulous looking fisherman's wharf, The texture was perfect, Wonderfully intricate puzzle Liz, The one bonus coin was devilish to get to, Until I had a big DUH! moment, :oops: I too went the way that lutz took. I enjoyed working this beauty out. Thanks for a wonderful seaside series. :D :D :D
Keeks
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:31 am

Lutz wrote:P.S.: Was the green timer just a red herring :?: :wink:
OK, OK, I've messed up here. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Lutz - I left out the aqua (or pale blue) gate. Maybe you call it green? 8)

So for the perfectionists amongst you, here's the revised edition, with the aqua gate on the z-bot boat.

Apologies folks! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:59 am

:D :D :D No apologies necessary Liz, this level was a heck of a fine challenge, Light blue gate or not. :D :D :D
Keeks
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:05 pm

Lizzie - help please with the z-bot room! I have been in that room for what seems like hours, and I just can't seem to work out where to put the box to keep them going over the timer without them dying in the gaps of water :oops:

Cheers me dear!

PS: Wonderful atmospheric level - to think I was sitting at that very same harbour two weeks ago eating a pistachio icecream :wink:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Brixham

Post by jcvalcar2 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:24 pm

I think this has to be one of the hardest of your levels I've played. :twisted:
Light blue gate missing Image never even noticed. :lol: :lol: I was too busy trying to unstuck Peegue. Thanks for the help there. :wink: Jeepers what a brain strain this one was. Can't tell you how many times I had to redo the boulders when one would Image at the wrong time :x :evil: :twisted:
Happy to report I got my gold :D :D
Cathy
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:37 am

I really enjoy these "boat" levels you do! I was stuck in the zbot room for ages, also. In the end, I solved it without the green gate, too, because I couldn't see any other way to keep the zbots on the button, and get Stinky (?) to the exit.
The only way I could see to get Stinky to the exit was to push the cannon in the water, creating a stop, which in turn let the zbots go in the water.
I will try your revised version, and see how that goes! Thanks! :D
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:58 am

Liz, this level was elegant! :D :D :D
You are a gifted artist and architect to bring a fishing village and pier to life!
The puzzle elements were all challenging and fun!
I especially had the dickens of a time collecting that one isolated bonus coin. :P

PS. I played your revised version. :wink:
Mark
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:29 pm

I'm embarrassed :oops: :oops: to say how long this level has taken me. The Kaboom kept blowing up the boulder, then the zbots gave me absolute fits & when I did gt as far as Peegue's boat kept stepping on the wrong tiles. Then I'd start over & get one part but muck up another. Have to agree that this is absolutely one of the most difficult puzzles you have made. It wasn't so much that the puzzle was hard to figure out it was just that there was so much room for error. Magnificant job, Lizzie :!:

I CAN FINALLY Image
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:59 pm

I DID IT!! In fact I did both of them and I didn't have to get the z-bots going over the green timer in the end :shock: Perhaps I was making it harder that it was hon? :D

Loved this cracker - fab to look at and even more fab to pla and complete! You really are a wizz with those travelator puzzles 8)

Loved it - many thanks Lizzie. I brought you back a pressie from Brixham :D ImagePlease don't eat me - I want to be your pet! :wink:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:27 pm

These were fun levels, Liz! The aqua gate in the second one was no problem. The Peegue/box part was where I had trouble. With your help, I found that Qookie was making one wrong move. Straightened that out and both went home happy. Thanks for all that! :D
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:36 am

This took me forever to figure out! But I did it and I'm glad to say Peedue got rescued before the boat when all the way to the bottom. :D
Loirae
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:53 am

I'm fascinated by the different ways people seem to have gone about this one.

Tasha - how weird that the kaboom kept blowing up the boulder. I thought he'd be gone before the boulder went there.

Lillie and several others seem to have done it without having the green gate open. I don't understand that at all.

Anyway, thanks for playing it everyone. :D

If anyone else needs help or screenshots, let me know and I'll post them here.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:17 pm

Lizzie, when you say you thought the Kaboomie would be gone do you mean wandering around in the top section or killed with the boxes instead of a boulder?
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:45 am

Tasha - my intention was to squash the kaboom with the boxes, get the coin, and then push the boulder onto the button. :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:56 am

Liz Mayhew wrote:Lillie and several others seem to have done it without having the green gate open. I don't understand that at all.
You don't need the green gate to enter the area. You put some fake walls there - remember? :wink:
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:47 pm

Finally solved this stinker! (and opened the green gate)

Excellent puzzle! I needed ages to figure the Z-Bot Part out (though I wouldn't have needed it)!
Thanks for the great challenge!

Lukas :D
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:08 pm

Lutz wrote:
Liz Mayhew wrote:Lillie and several others seem to have done it without having the green gate open. I don't understand that at all.
You don't need the green gate to enter the area. You put some fake walls there - remember? :wink:
Liz Mayhew wrote DOH!!!! :lol: :roll: :oops: :roll: :lol:
Double Loopity Loophole award goes to Lutzie!
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:23 am

This one took quite a bit of trial and error for me before everything fell into place! I liked the way the level looked and enjoyed figuring it out!
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:32 pm

I stood there thinkin' how the bloody hell do you get outta here!!!

Silly me. Loved this one too Lizzie. I did both versions and both worked great! Still didn't need to mess with those zbots and that green timer :shock:

Off to more golden oldies, thanks Lizzie!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level (advanced) - Brixham

Post by Amnon » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Nice level, thanks!