New Level (advanced) - Beesands

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level (advanced) - Beesands

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:04 am

There's a BBQ on Beesands. Help Loof enjoy it in peace! :D

Devonbeach texture again:
http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9511
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:25 am

Maybe you should rename this into Devilbeach :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Took me ages to get rid of the Kabooms AND keep enough metal boxes :shock:
Definitely good timing needed. After all this work I really enjoyed the BBQ and my new gold star. Thanks, Liz :D
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:38 pm

Lutz I agree. This level is develish :twisted:

Thanks Liz :D :D :D
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:26 pm

I beezy level, for sure. I had enough boxes, but probably becaue I used some stuff in other ways. even had a box left over. :D That was Great!!! A Master of loud and puzzling and danger. :D
Loirae
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:36 am

I knew you'd have a box left over Loirae, :lol: because once I did it with one less box when I messed up play testing. But I thought I'd leave a bit of leeway for everyone. 8)

As an open hint for preserving boxes, remember that kabooms are explosives on their own. :wink:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:40 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: You are a stinker :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I think you actually have a "thing" for those Boomy Boyz - you are always using them so cleverly 8)

I can make it out of there, but not with the bonus coin in the blue gate. I seem to be able to build lots of bridges - but then one sphere seems to appear from nowhere at the bottom and I am one thingy short for the blue button :twisted: Will try again some time, but for now - I am happy to have pop pippety popped Imageoutta there in one piece :twisted:

Thanks for the SMASHING time hon :wink:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Beesands

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:28 pm

What a stinkeroo this was. Image It's a darn good thing we don't have to post a screen shot of how we solve a level :roll: Just knowing that I got the gold is good enough. :D :lol:

BTW I thought you didn't like electros Image well I don't either any more. Not when you put electros, barrels and the Kaboomy boys in the same vicinity.

Having said all that it's still a gem of a level. :D :D
Cathy
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Congratulations to those who completed this one.

For anyone still struggling, here's the solution. Highlight to read.

1. Get Loof up to blue sphere. Push sphere D, L U, L. Z-bot is diverted and blows up the barrel and 2 steel boxes, leaving barrels 1 and 2. Push blue sphere up onto green button. Collect coins.
2. Push barrel 1 down to position 1. That way the kaboom will only blow up one steel box (marked red X). Push steel box A onto yellow button A. Push steel box B onto blue button B.
3. Get barrel 2 to position 2. The next kaboom will only blow up the second steel box marked red X. Now you have 5 steel boxes to use in the top right corner to fill lava and cover red button. Collect coins.
4. For a shortcut push the wooden box into the water so you can avoid crossing the electro-tiles sometimes.
5. Push the bottom green sphere into the water. This restarts the generator. Alternately push spheres from either side of the generator, collecting coins.
6. Finally you have an L shaped bridge and one sphere left of the generator, which you push up onto the light blue button.
7. Exit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:09 pm

:D :D :D I feel like a dolt, DOH! IT was the placement of the barrels that got me, Dangy! I put them everywhere but where they needed to go. :oops: :shock:

Thanks for the help Liz, You are one clever designer, With the great screenie I was able to clear the beach. :D

Excellent puzzle in a small area. 8)

Thanks for the fun hon. :D :D :D
Keeks
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:16 pm

This was a real toughie, Lizzie, at least for me. Like Kiki I too was placing the barrels in all the wrong positions & I kept thinking that the blue sphere was resting against the lamp-post :shock: :shock: :shock: & didn't realize that I could push it down which, of course, would stop the generator eventually once placed on the green button...DUH...DUH. Thanks to your spoiler now have my gold star. Excellent puzzle :!: :!:
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:07 pm

Played this totally different :shock: and maybe a bit hazardous :twisted:
The blue sphere part I did like recommended. But then I put the first barrel on the yellow 1 (actually there is an electro tile, so you need precise timing) to blow up Kaboom and box no. 1. Then I build the bridge with the green spheres. Now I had to time the pushing of the last sphere that it blows up the Kaboom and box no. 2.
Now one box goes to the dark blue button, 5 boxes go to the red button, one stays on a yellow button. Made a bridge to the island with barrel and wooden box. Metal box from yellow button to light blue button and exit.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Beesand

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:53 pm

This is funny cuz I did it a different way too. :shock: I brought a green sphere from the other side to blow up the barrel gaining access to more steel blocks cuz my last Kaboom was electricuted :( So my way wasn't as hazardous. :wink: Either way this was a brilliant puzzle. :D
Cathy
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:16 pm

Lutz and Cathy Stinker III -
BRAVO for finding such creative solutions to this one!

That's what Wonderland's all about - finding alternative solutions
and above all HAVING FUN!
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:02 pm

At one point I think I tried something similar to what Lutz and Cathy did but it was still not working for me and the reason was the first move you laid out,
Get Loof up to blue sphere. Push sphere D, L U, L.
I just did not see it and kept pushing the sphere either up and left or just plain left with typically bad results!

It always amazes me how I can miss one simple move that the whole solution can sometimes hinge on :roll:

Thanks for the spoiler Liz and a wickedly good level!
bob
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:22 pm

I was doing the same as Bob. Thanks for the spoiler and the fun, Liz! Great fun! Thanks! :D
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:34 pm

Had a hard time getting through this one too! Your spoiler helped me finish it! Thanks!
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:49 pm

Have to agree that this was an unpleasant beach, at least to begin with. Who'd a thunk that the wooden box could be used to push in the water? Not me. I used it to cover the blue button, and built the two bridges as you intended. So, I had no extra boxes, but a final solution to grab a gold star.

Amazing, some of the very tricky levels you're creating. I was able to enjoy the beach, after some clean up, and had a nice cool drink! Thanks for the fun!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level (advanced) - Beesands

Post by Amnon » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:19 am

Nice level, thanks!