KIDS LEVEL CONTEST - THE ENTRIES

Post or download easier levels specifically designed for younger players.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:11 am

I was having the same trouble, the texture in the Icehouse is 200x200 so I resized it to 256x256, now it works. I also went through all the textures in A and resized them as well. That one also had a model texture that was not the right size, but as that was a model I made yonks ago it was probably my fault.

I was guilty of making textures the wrong sizes until a few months ago, when the computer god endowed me with one of those finicky video cards and forced me to see the light. I am now on a mission to 'encourage' everyone else to do the same. Failing miserably.

I'm also puzzled by something. When I try to open some of the jpgs to resize them in Paintshop Pro, I get an error message saying they aren't valid jpgs or jfifs and they won't open. I can, however, open them in Paint and save them as a jpg, then open them in PaintShop and resize them. What does it all mean? :?
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:06 pm

popo wrote:

I was guilty of making textures the wrong sizes until a few months ago, when the computer god endowed me with one of those finicky video cards and forced me to see the light. I am now on a mission to 'encourage' everyone else to do the same. Failing miserably.
I am sure I have, in the past, contributed alot of stuff that was sized wrong. I am much more careful now due to the many times this has been discussed.
So, I know exactly how you feel. Even tho it doesn't affect my computer, I still cringe when I download something , because the first thing I do now is to check sizes. Alot of people have those "finicky" cards and so may have stopped trying all the custom stuff because they keep getting errors. Come on all you model, texture, and background makers....follow the guidelines! Pretty please?!? :)
popo wrote:I'm also puzzled by something. When I try to open some of the jpgs to resize them in Paintshop Pro, I get an error message saying they aren't valid jpgs or jfifs and they won't open. I can, however, open them in Paint and save them as a jpg, then open them in PaintShop and resize them. What does it all mean? :?
I'm not sure but I think they were probably created in paint to start with. :?
I've not had that problem either.

jg
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Ooooh ! ! ! I just loved this competition - I could do all of them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and every single level was wonderful.

I almost feel I could write my vote right here - 10/10 for every body,
but I'll be good and send my votes to Mette.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:33 am

:D :D :D to all the creators, You have all done an excellent job. There are some very beautiful levels. :D :D :D :D
Keeks
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:46 pm

I loved them ALL
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:00 pm

The results are now in :D

You can get them here: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71450#71450

Mette
\Mette
Qman
Gold Wonderlander

Kid's Level Compatician

Post by Qman » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:27 pm

Some BRILLIANT Levels :!:
BUT I did find The leval "Guess where you are" ( KIDSCOMPD) a little comfusing as there is no diffrence between ice and floor :!: :?

I also found "Playground Fun" (AS I Beleive it's called) VERY Imagenitave :!: :!: :lol:

Condratulations to it's creator!!
(\__/)
( o o )
(") (") MEOW!
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Kid's Level Compatician

Post by Salin » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:51 pm

Qman wrote:Some BRILLIANT Levels :!:
BUT I did find The leval "Guess where you are" ( KIDSCOMPD) a little comfusing as there is no diffrence between ice and floor :!: :?

Perhaps thats the intentcion?
Inger
Norway
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: KIDS LEVEL CONTEST - THE ENTRIES

Post by Jutomi » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:33 am

Hey, Mette! A little over 17 years late for this, but uh, decided to play through these and upload video solutions to them :lol:

A - Kids World (Cat)
B - A little test. (Lst_1)
C - Playground Fun (kaz67)
D - Fun Fair (Superterv)
E - Rainbow Country (Amadeus!)
F - Guess where you are (Salin)
G - TOYBOX FUN! (Lillian)
H - Space Battle (Liz Mayhew)
I - Wonderluv (twohappylane)
J - Tree Climbing (amy25)
K - Jumpin Jacks (jcvalcar2)
L - Generations... (Kiki)
M - Rainbow Road (Lucky-Luc)

Oh, if only Jumpin Jacks by jvalcar2 were in J instead of K. What a jumbled jabberwocky jubilee that would've been!

Oh, and of course, The Final Results!!!

Certainly a treat! Hope to try out some of these other contests the old lot had made over the years. :)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.