Texture Specs requirements?

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Texture Specs requirements?

Post by Robbie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:16 am

Can anyone remind me of the specifications for textures to work with custom models? I recall having this issue originally but can't find or recall how I fixed it.

I vaguely recall it having something to do with the colour settings but at the time I was using Paint Shop Pro & it was relatively basic compared with Photoshop that I'm using now (CS5)
Yes, I'm still here... ;)
500 posts here I come!
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 am

... using AC3D, just getting blank textures. I've got something in mind I'll try later.
500 posts here I come!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:34 am

They have to be multiples of 64 Robbie. 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, etc. And they have to be jpg or bmp, png's don't work in the game although they do in AC3D. I don't think the colour settings have anything to do with it, I've never come across a texture that wouldn't show up if it was the correct size. Hope you can get them to work now you've bought the new version of AC3D.

Or it could be the length of the texture name. If I recall correctly it has to be no more than 8 characters long, excluding the format suffix.

Looking forward to seeing your efforts. :D
Pauline
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks Pauline!
That worked like a charm. I knew it was something simple. I even downloaded your old cauldron models & played with them to see what was different.

I'm playing with the old bridge models again that we last talked about... 8 years ago!!! >>> http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
500 posts here I come!