what can you do?

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

what can you do?

Post by janetgalle » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:33 am

What's this?
Mutant elves?

Or is it time for..........show us what you can do with them?

jg

There are 2 elves in each zip. Once downloaded to CustomModels you can put all 4 into one folder, but the kbs get kind of big.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:30 am

Hi Janet,

Sorry I haven't replied lately. Your modelling work is awesome!
Are you building all these from scratch? AC3D or another proggy?
Keep it up, still have to check out all the other postings you've done.

Robbie :D
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:04 am

Robbie wrote: Are you building all these from scratch? AC3D or another proggy?
I am still using Milkshape 90% of the time. I do have AC3D.....but since no one has written me a detailed tutorial like LinkynStoof did for Milkshape and I'm too lazy to learn on my own.....I use it only when I find something is too big for Milkshape.

Also 90% of the time the things I model are things I have found and remodeled. Take for example the elf up there. He started life a a soldier man. I took away his weapons and helmet, made him an elflike hat, ruthlessly detatched his arms from his body and gave him some shoulders so I could reposition his arms. (They get so tired being held straight out from the body all the time you know.) And so it goes....

I found a little program that converts many other model formats to 3ds pretty well, so I have more to choose from. Although Milkshape can import some others, it seems to lose a lot of data alot of the time.

But I enjoy it, and I'll keep plodding along.

Thanks and Good Night.
jg
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:51 am

Janet, I know AC3D looks a lot different from Milkshape when you first use it, but I do believe it is easier to use, especially when making things from scratch. Have you got the manual for it? I printed it off and read right throught it, and followed some of the examples in it to get practice. It's all the same principle as Milkshape, and you seem to have mastered that well. You can get free plugins for AC3D too that help with certain procedures, and there's a forum where you can get tips and ask for help.

I've been looking for a program that converts files, but haven't found one yet that does the ones I want. What are you using?

The elves are smashing, btw. You've done a nice bit of fiddling there. Just a thought, you are supposed to be able to animate things with Milkshape. There is a bit of it for adding joints, but I could never work it out. In theory you should be able to add joints to those models with their arms stuck out so that they can move them. Have you tried to see if you can do it?
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:56 pm

popo,
Yes I have downloaded the manual, read thru it ...and...I still prefer Milkshape. I have never had problems with crashes. And since I'm not really into making models from scratch (yet :roll: ), Milkshape is the one for me.

I use Win3D from here:http://www.tb-software.com/products1.html.
There is a 30 day free trial before you have to register.

And no, I haven't been able to figure out the joint/animate thingy either!
Which is why alot of the charactor models I present look like they are about to give you a big hug! :lol:
jg
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:13 pm

I don't know if you've already seen these but they are already animated in Milkshape. There are several file types in the folder, use the ms3d ones. There are readme files for the animations too. It might give you some idea of how to make the joints.

You never know, Patrick might have included an option for animations in the new edition!!! HAHAHA! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:38 pm

That model file was for jg. Whoever else has downloaded is wasting their time, there are no useable 3ds model files in it. :wink:
Pauline