wsw kaboom cave

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
bladeslass
Bronze Wonderlander

wsw kaboom cave

Post by bladeslass » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:11 pm

Please can someone help. I have looked at the solution but it seems I am a box short. I use 1 wooden to make a bridge near blue button, 1 to blow up kaboom and the last one to bridge the water at the red and blue gates. The steel ones are used to cover the blue button and the other to protect qookie on the red button. I have none left to send through the red teleporter. What am I doing wrong.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:17 pm

Try arranging the boxes differently so you don't lose any when the Kaboom explodes.
The picture shows how I did it.
Good Luck,
jg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bladeslass
Bronze Wonderlander

kaboom cave

Post by bladeslass » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:35 pm

Thanks JG I did it It was sending me barmy last night.
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Janelle's alternative solution

Post by janellesnip » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:42 am

Dear Wonderlanders,
The solution to this level can be much easier than you think. Here is my spoiler:
Quookie's part:
Begin moving Quookie north immediately, or wait for the first Kaboom! to go by. Follow this Kaboom at a safe speed: eastwards, southwards, westwards and upwards, collecting all keys, but only the bonuses north, east and south.
Continue to follow the first Kaboom! back to centre. Wait for it to go to the bonus and back, then go to the western bonus and WAIT for a Kaboom! on the outside to go away. Then take the bonus and follow the Kaboom! in front of you northwards and eastwards. The Kaboom! will go south in the middle -- you remain on your eastwards path all the way to the northeastern corner. Then go southwards to centre -- your path to the grey (black) transporter is clear. Remain standing on the bridge on the other side of the transporter.

Then switch to Peegue.
In between cannon shots, push the white box eastwards into the water. Peegue ends up on the bridge east of Qookie. BUT! Do not go anywhere. Turn Peegue around and go back through the white transporter. Now the transporter will not work -- Peegue can go on the bridge and through the red transporter. Then he can take the key behind the fake wall.
Then he comes back through the red transporter and collects the star and the key, being careful not to be shot. Peegue waits on the floating wooden box.

Switch back to Quookie.
Make sure the Kaboom! dies by positioning the boxes so, that he is shot while he is diagonal to a box. (I think this is easier to do with the metal boxes than the wooden ones -- I think metal boxes are blast proof.)
Then collect the bonus coins in the north inside the fake wall.
Then push one wooden box to the water south of the white transporter, and one more wooden box through the white transporter. Go through the white transporter -- you have finished the level!

* Note: (a) No button pushing is necessary; (b) After Quookie exits, Peegue goes through the white transporter, and back through it -- then he is also in the correct spot to exit.