Problem with custom levels

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Problem with custom levels

Post by weeStinker » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:31 pm

Hi! I have one problem. You see, I was able to open any custom level I had in the proper folder. But meanwhile it has changed. I couldn't open almost no levels (only original ones and Liz's levels). I tried deleting some levels, but that didn't work. :(
I also made my 2 own levels which I could play before, but can't do it anymore. :(

Please help. :cry:
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Problem with custom levels

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:38 am

weeStinker wrote:Hi! I have one problem. You see, I was able to open any custom level I had in the proper folder. But meanwhile it has changed. I couldn't open almost no levels (only original ones and Liz's levels). I tried deleting some levels, but that didn't work. :(
I also made my 2 own levels which I could play before, but can't do it anymore. :(

Before deleting those things,please check did you folder have more than 999 levels,if,RTW won't work with those.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Re: Problem with custom levels

Post by weeStinker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:59 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:
weeStinker wrote:Hi! I have one problem. You see, I was able to open any custom level I had in the proper folder. But meanwhile it has changed. I couldn't open almost no levels (only original ones and Liz's levels). I tried deleting some levels, but that didn't work. :(

Before deleting those things,please check did you folder have more than 999 levels,if,RTW won't work with those.
I'm sure it didn't. I had 10-20 levels, and when I added Liz's zip, then I had ~100, I think. Maybe I put too many levels. :?
I only deleted Liz's levels for now, and added levels from Mette's zip. :P
What to do now? :cry:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:06 pm

Try stuffing every levelfile in the main folder.
Yes, it's unorganised, yes, it's slow, but it works, no matter how many levels you have.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Post by weeStinker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:38 pm

I see what you mean. I'll try it now, although I don't believe for any more successes.
Wait for few minutes. :-P

EDIT: It didn't work. :(
I can only load those 10 levels from original folder. :(
Also, I have 317 levels now. :shock:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:38 pm

Are you sure you are running the PLATINUM edition and not DELUXE?
Try this: next time you are running the game, make sure you run wdlgamep.exe and not wdlgame.exe
The difference is only in one "p" letter, so it's easy to make this mistake.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Post by weeStinker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:41 pm

It should be platinum, but I'll check...

But just to know, I've already played few custom levels and I could normally use custom levels before. But after adding Liz's ones, something went wrong... :?
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:52 pm

WeeStinker, you may have the double folder problem. When downloading zipped files, use open rather than save. If you use save, sometimes an extra folder is added. The game won't recognize the level. Check your level folders to make sure there isn't an extra one.
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Post by weeStinker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:56 pm

Will try, thanks. :-)
weeStinker
Gold Wonderlander

Post by weeStinker » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:24 pm

Muzozavr, your hint helped. Now I can play levels again! :D

Thanks to everyone! :D