The Last Hoorah

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
Teri1255
Rainbow Seeker

The Last Hoorah

Post by Teri1255 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:50 pm

Is there actually a way to get the second character past the red and yellow things at the end of this level????
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

The Last Hurrah

Post by ol'gramma » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:01 am

Hi Teri.
I am playing this level right now. Do you mean the yellow munchers and the coilies? That is the only thing I can find that is what you might mean. To get rid of those, you set up your deflectors so the saucer fires across the water. It looks to me that if you get thru all the gates, the exit is clear.

If anyone can tell me how to avoid getting killed by the box once thru the aqua gate and skating onto the ice, I would be :D .
Maybe I am playing this wrong?
I love this game!

ol'gramma
Teri1255
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Teri1255 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:17 am

Ogramma?

I got through all the way, across the water, past the coilies and beyond the ice--once you THINK the path is clear, there is a surprise. I did FINALLY succeed. As for the ice, always FOLLOW the box so that it can't kill you, except one step where you have to step down before the box comes back. Good luck. :)

Any ideas on Pacifist??? I can get all but the final box before one of the bombs kills me.
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:17 pm

Hi Teri,
I was hoping to help you, and you helped me :D

Thank you very much.

I am still trying to get onto the ice thru the aqua gates without that box killing me!

ol'gramma
Teri1255
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Teri1255 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:11 pm

If you haven't succeeded yet, when you step onto the ice, and push the box off, immediately go the SAME direction as the box so that it will push the box to the left after it lands back in its original place. :)
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:02 am

Thanks Teri,

I was finally able to get thru the boxes on the ice, and finish the level. It goes so fast, and then...start over again.

I think I am stuck permanently in World 10 ...
Another Way #5, I am full of holes from being killed, just can't get the rhythm on the return dance around the island with the 2nd box....and
Knight's move #4. This one makes no sense to me.

You asked about the Pacifist..I got thru that but in trying to replay it to tell you, I haven't been able to do it again! Have you made it?

ol' gramma
Teri1255
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Teri1255 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:23 am

I did get through Knight's Move--it's tricky, but doable. If I get a chance AFTER Xmas, I'll try to guide you a little.

As for "Another Way"-- I am stuck to, to the point I'm getting bored with it. I get all the way to the final box and can't dance around fast enough to avoid the spaceships.

I did get through Pacifist, finally--it's all in the order of pushing the boxes and moving FAST! haha! :)
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:46 am

Hi Teri,
I did not give you the correct name for the one that makes no sense to me, and I cannot see a pattern:
It Is World 9 Level 3, 1000 Gateways.
Did you finish that one?
I think I can make it thru Knight's Move....100 more times may do it :roll:
I am still dancin' on Another Way :evil:

Ol' gramma :D
Teri1255
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Teri1255 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:19 am

I did get through "another way," and "1000 gateways." The latter was just hit and miss and finally got it!

I just can't get the following: "They Came From Beyond the River" 10/6, "The Arena" 2/10, and "Repetition" 2/9. The most frustrating for me is Repetition, as I have even followed the cheat sheet and still can't figure it out--Any ideas? Also, the River one is a pain--there must be a trick???
Teri1255
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Teri1255 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:00 am

They must have altered the cheat sheet for Repetition since I looked at it, or I misunderstood it. I FINALLY got it!! :) Any help on the The River one and the Arena, and then I am done with all RTW levels. Thanks! :)
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

World 10, They came from the River

Post by ol'gramma » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:01 pm

Hi Terri,
Merry Christmas :D
The first pass the saucers come toward the center. Stay put hiding inbetween the boxes. The next time they divide and go up the outside isles. Once they are just inside, run to the left and stick your nose into the isle to get them to fire and kill each other. Then run to the right, get an overview, and when they are all coming down the isle, do the same thing. You will be left with 1. Now it is a matter of dodging that one saucer. You need every box so if one gets hit, start over. You need to use the overview a lot to be safe.

ol' gramma
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:27 pm

Hi Teri! For The Arena, I started with Stinky and just started running from one coin to another, getting the Chompers to follow me in a circle. After collecting all the rainbow coins I took him to the exit and then started with Loof. Again, I got the Chompers following in a circle and when I had enough space I went around the outside and collected the bonus coins and hopped into the exit. No problem with this level -- unlike some of the other ones with the UFOs!
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:01 pm

A couple more tips on The Arena -- you need to get Stinky moving right away, and I find it best to head for the center first, before too many Chompers are on my tail. Get the center coin and as many of the clocks as you can and then run around and collect the rest of the rainbow coins. Then, once the coins are collected and the gates holding the yellow chompers are open, you need to get Stinky into the exit and go to Loof quickly, before the yellow guys gather around Loof. Loof can run around the outside and get the bonus coins, dash in for any leftover clocks if necessary and run for the exit.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:44 am

I have a really unusual way of doing the Arena that will eliminate 3 of the red chompers (750 extra pts right there), and have Loof collect the rainbow coins (with no chompers following around!) and then the bonus coins (with only the 6 gold chompers following around). It's a little tricky to setup though; I suggest putting your left hand on the ENTER key so you can switch between Stinky and Loof quickly:

1) before the level has completely fade in, start moving Stinky down past the star button, and stop at the square just below the star button (where the pink barrier is).

2) As soon as possible, switch to Loof, and move him to the right of the star button (where the other pink barrier is)

3) switch back to Stinky right away, and move him back to the star button and have him stay there

4) switch back to Loof right away, and move him 2 steps to the right from where he is.

5) switch back to Stinky and watch the 2 red chompers getting dangerously close to Stinky, one from below and one from the right. If the timing is right, the pink barriers will close when the chompers are adjacent to Stinky, killing those 2 chompers. (If that doesn't happen, you didn't go through steps 2-4 fast enough.)

6) As soon as the 2 chompers gets killed, quickly move Stinky up one step, and then down one step to reactivate the star button, then move him to the upper left corner. Now watch. If your timing is right, one more chomper will be at the lower pink barrier when the barriers close, killing one more red chomper. The remaining 3 red chompers will then bunch up at the lower side of the corner area, leaving an escape route for Stinky on the right side. (If the 3rd red chomper moved past the barrier, you probably didn't get moving right away when the first 2 chompers get killed.)

7) Now switch to Loof and have him collect all the rainbow coins, timers, and bonus coins. You can collect them in any order, but I suggest leaving one of the two right-most rainbow coins [note: not the closest one to the exit as I previously said] to be collected last, and the bonus coin on the right wall collected first (you have to be quick though), and the other bonus coins collected in counterclockwise order. You definitely should collect the bonus coin on the lower wall last--this will keep the gold chompers on the lower part of the level, away from Stinky who's still sitting in the upper left corner of the level.

8) Once Loof exited, have Stinky move past the star button, head all the way to the right, then all the way down to the exit.

Give it a try and see if it works for you.