They Came Across the River & Arena

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
Teri1255
Rainbow Seeker

They Came Across the River & Arena

Post by Teri1255 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:11 pm

Any hints to get me in the right direction on these two levels? I've managed to get the rest of them, but there must be a trick???
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:37 am

I put some tips for The Arena under The Last Hoorah thread, since that's where you and Ol' Gramma were discussing it. As for They Came from Across the River, I'm dead before I start on that one!
David
Gold Wonderlander

They came across the river

Post by David » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:57 am

First step is to push the box in front of you into the lake. Then retreat back into the passageway. You're going to need all the boxes on this level, so take care of them.

Spoiler...

Wait for the saucers to cross the river. They come two on each side. However, they leave with all four on the right. Wait for them to get going, then move into the right column. Three of them will bite the dust when they start shooting at you. Now there's only one left, and all you have to do is push all nine blocks into the river in a line, making sure you never stand in front of a box when the saucer can shoot at you.
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:58 pm

A really easy way to finish "They Came" is to play it in the Alt-X mode, from way above the board. :D :oops:
I did it the "regular" way the first time- after about 100 attempts. :oops:
When I became aware of the Alt-X mode, I went back to "the River".
It's like shooting fish in a barrel. :twisted: :D
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:49 pm

How do you get into Alt-X mode? I've tried pressing Alt and X simultaneously but nothing happens. Do you do it while playing the game or at the menu stage? :?: :?
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:50 pm

Ooops. Double post. :oops:
Last edited by popo on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:00 pm

You do it during game mode. Hold Alt and X down at the same time as you play with the number keys.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:24 pm

Thanks for telling me how to get into Alt - x mode. Tried it last night, it's weird. At one point I was in the water with the fish!! :o Just one thing though, when I switched from Stinky to Loof I lost the board completely and had to recentralise it. I don't think I could play like that all the time but it does come in handy for some levels. :D
tigerlady
Bronze Wonderlander
Location: Glued to the computer playing Wonderland, where else????

Post by tigerlady » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:27 am

I tried doing this Alt-X thing. It IS pretty cool for some levels.

One word of caution though. Be careful what buttons you push on the number pad while you are holding Alt-X down. At one poing I was looking at the level from the UNDERSIDE of the board. Had to restart the level.
They say that all the world is a stage and we are but puppets on strings. They must not have played Wonderland before, or they would realize that all the world is a Wonderland, and we are but potatoes with legs.
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue May 11, 2004 9:42 pm

Tigerlady, using the alt-X mode to go to the underside of the board can be helpful too.

I discovered that if you go underneath the board, you can see where the hidden objects are. For example, in RTW, W5L3 "Hidden Surprises", W5L4 "Can't see the Forest for the trees" (find those coins in the trees), and most interesting W10L10 "Last Hurrah". At the end is an obvious surprise, but there are also hidden surprises.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:46 am

Sorry for a bump, but I have a really easy way of finishing "the river" one: before UFOs go into the right column, they go into the top row. Tehy come from both sides so if you step in and out twice, all four of them will bite the dust, as opposed to three in David's way.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.