RTW W4L8 Robot City - Sharp Shooter

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

RTW W4L8 Robot City - Sharp Shooter

Post by jperleevt » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:28 pm

I can avoid having the UFO shoot me but I can't seem to figure out the timing to have him fire and destroy the boxes below. Any hints? Or maybe I'm just doing something stupid and that isn't the way to solve this puzzle. I've been stuck here for 2 weeks and finally am asking for HELP!!!!

Thanks,
Jen
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:17 am

Yipppieeee I did it, finally. I guess all it took was asking for help. Now onto World 5.....
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:53 am

Glad we could help you Jen :D

I have a bad habit of reading the discussion board at times when all I can do is read. I (and I bet a few others) meant to offer assistance, but when I got back to my computer I got carried away with other matters. :x

You're right about just having to ask. I can't count the times I've given up on looking for something- a building, an address, a grocery item- and as soon as the words "Can you please tell me where..." leave my mouth, I locate that item I'm searching for. :o
Milchi
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Milchi » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:01 pm

jperleevt wrote:Yipppieeee I did it, finally. I guess all it took was asking for help. Now onto World 5.....
Help. This is one of the few levels my mind totally forsakes me :oops: . Please post or PM me the solution.

Thanks
M.
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:00 pm

Spoiler.......

Start to run towards the UFO when he is just starting to enter the square that is next to the square you are in. Does that make any sense???
It took me forever!
Jen
David
Gold Wonderlander

Post by David » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:30 am

There's a more straightforward solution - as you start the level, follow the UFO to the right. When he turns around, move left as soon as he starts to enter the square above you. He'll shoot at you and hit the box. Keep pressing the left arrow key at the same pace the UFO moves - with a little practice, you'll get all the boxes on the way back. For the bonus points, follow the UFO again. When he passes the opening going right, quickly move up, grab the left four bonus coins, and come back down. When he passes you going left, move up again, grab the right four coins and move down. It'll probably take one more pass by the UFO to get the last box. Now wait until he's moving left, and run to the gate.