Emerald141

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Emerald141

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:54 am

What has happened to Emerald141's posts? The ones that I've seen are all blank.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Emerald141

Post by Jutomi » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:47 pm

We're honestly not entirely sure... :lol:

Regardless, it seems he went through and deleted all of his posts - probably with assistance from a script. The reason why, we're not sure, but in the end that's their business.

I'm glad most of their custom content is at least still around in some form or another. :)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:43 am

Well, he didn't really delete the posts themselves, just the text in the posts.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:35 pm

Yeah :lol: Y'can't really delete your posts on this forum (at least most of it; unsure about the specifics); the deletion of text it's sort-of the only workaround.

We have lost forum posts/threads before, but those were admin powers removing spam / unswarthy martieral. :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:14 am

TwingleTheScraggler wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:54 am
What has happened to Emerald141's posts? The ones that I've seen are all blank.
He wanted to zero his digital footprint. There was a lot of silly stuff on this forum in the late 00s to early 10s.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:46 pm

I disagree with these digital footprint removal things. Maybe I am too much into media preservation but I guess you could delete something private but stuff like "Tutorial/Helping Tips/Useful Information (Including images and videos, and even executable files (uhhhhhhh))" - Those stuff? I think most of them should stay. All in all it takes a single click on the wayback machine to read something they posted in the past. If you post something on the internet, it never goes away.

(Cope Alert) I can confirm that posts in a particular private subforum are also deleted which made 0.04% of my life miserable because I couldn't find something useful I needed.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:57 am

nasko222 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:46 pm
I disagree with these digital footprint removal things. Maybe I am too much into media preservation but I guess you could delete something private but stuff like "Tutorial/Helping Tips/Useful Information (Including images and videos, and even executable files (uhhhhhhh))" - Those stuff? I think most of them should stay. All in all it takes a single click on the wayback machine to read something they posted in the past. If you post something on the internet, it never goes away.

(Cope Alert) I can confirm that posts in a particular private subforum are also deleted which made 0.04% of my life miserable because I couldn't find something useful I needed.
When people scrub their own stuff, they do it automatically without filter. Yes, be careful, nothing can be removed completely online, but also hopefully archive sites are not comprehensive or scrubbable. I believe in this stuff because there is a lot of things people don't want on record forever. Whether because of AI and bot scrubbing, or the evolving state of the internet (Canada is about to pass a bill that will choke our internet freedom, US is debating one). I have great incentive to clear up my own footprint - someone with my fox is going around trying to scare me.