Introductions!

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Vegasnan

Post by Vegasnan » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:25 am

Hello All,

I am Nan, and I lived in Las Vegas for 30 years. Thats where I got this nickname. Now I live in Apache Junction, AZ, but somehow the name ApacheJunctionNan did not have the same ring to it.

I have become so addicted to Wonderland, that a lot of the time I play
instead of working, or reading my E Mail. You guys have created so many fun levels, I find I have no time for anything else.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Nan
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:29 am

Danell, Precious, Helmar, D Howery, and Vagasnan - WELCOME to all of you! Join the rest of us addicts! Just jump right in. I think that you will find all to be a friendly bunch. All are now involved in the new Deluxe edition as I'm sure you all are or will be too.

Welcome and have fun! :D
Butterscotchrjm

Post by Butterscotchrjm » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:32 pm

Hi my name is RJM I am SharonM's daughter and I've just now registered :oops: I have 3 cats, 1 hampster, 1 turtle, and 4 fish I'm a little smartalec and I think SQUIRRELS are evil :twisted: I'm 13 and I'm happy :D to be here!
Bronze Wonderlander

hello all!

Post by carol » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:38 pm

I'm Carol from Denver, CO. I've been playing Wonderland and RTW it seems like forever, but I've never posted before. I've been reading these boards for quite a while and feel like I know a lot of you already. I thought I'd introduce myself because I'm getting ready to start a new thread...cuz I need some help! Hope to talk to you soon....
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:44 pm

WElcome to the forums! Have fun! :D
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:34 am

HEY Kaboom - you are welcoming other people, but YOU have never told us about yourself!!! How about it!! We want to know something about kaboom! - especially since you've been uploading so many levels!!!!
Majicaleetarina
timothy2
Silver Wonderlander

Post by timothy2 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:52 am

Hi, I'm Timothy2! I already joined January 25 (#114 on the member list), so I have to admit this is a quite belated introduction. Please let me explain why. The point is I have a slight defect that forces me to do everything in chronological order. So when I started downloading and playing the custom levels, I began with the oldest one available (Dianna's "Smell the roses...not"), hoping to work my way up to the most recent one eventually. Obviously, instead of catching up I'm lagging more and more behind... (Just got to majic1's "Darned cats", which is currently on page 8 of the custom levels ( classic edition)).

Of course I'm fully aware that this chronological approach doesn't work, but I guess this defect of mine is kind of genetically determined, so there's nothing to be done about it.

Therefore it won't surprise you that my strategy in dealing with a forum is basically the same: I start with the oldest post, and slowly read my way up. It was only yesterday that I came across a post dated April 12 (currently on page 3 of the general discussion), which said: "When you get the time, perhaps some of you would like to post a few lines to introduce yourselves on the appropriate thread at the top of this Discussion Board."

I was really flabbergasted, as I had already posted some things without having introduced myself properly! So contrary to what I am used to I jumped to the top of this forum, which I would otherwise never have reached (thanks, malcdelsol!). And to my astonishment I found that at least all the regular users of this forum had written introductions on themselves...

Well, I apologize for the delay, but I'm not really worried though. I admit having a single peculiarity, but basically I'm quite normal. While the rest of you, on the other hand, ...

OK, the above should suffice as an introduction. I'll just add a few irrelevant details: I'm Dutch (which explains my queer English). I belong to the male minority on this forum. I'm 43 years old (please note my birthday is August 10, 1960, as I do not want to get involved in any future discussion about who is 114th or 115th youngest). I've been a widower since 15 years. I have a 16 year old son, who lives with me (my wife / his mother died when he was 18 months, and I raised him all by myself). I hold a Ph.D. in linguistics. (For those members in the UK or USA who are frowning: no, "linguistics" is not the same as "English").

Most importantly, of course, I got addicted to Wonderland! I seldom speak, but when I do speak, I try to say something. So, I am very grateful to all of you who contributed such fantastic levels. I know it sounds weird, but with some of you it's just like I know you. I feel at home here.

Now please let me jump back to where I came from, so I can continue reading the threads in chronological order!
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:32 am

Welcome to posting, Timothy2! We are glad to have you whenever you get around to posting.

Please don't feel alone with your "defect". I imagine that many of us have some sort of "defect". I didn't post until I had completed all of Wonderland and Return to Wonderland. Now I can't shut up!

So read all the posts and play all the levels, but occasionally pop out and tell us how you are doing! :D
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:33 am

Hi Timothy2, and welcome to the forum.

Your English is in no way 'queer', and it's much better than most English people speak it.

You've done a commendable job bringing up a child on your own, I know how hard that can be. My eldest son is called Timothy, we call him Tim, and it means 'honouring God'.

It will probably be a few months before you get to read this if you go back to reading in chronological order, but I hope it's not a few months before we hear from you again. :D
Pauline
Carolyn
Rainbow Master

Post by Carolyn » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:06 pm

Hi timothy2, and welcome to Wonderland... the most fun place to be!

I have two very good friends from Holland... Berend Kroezen en Lenny Jansen from Emmen Holland... Do u live near Emmen?... Lenny is a girl and one of my best friends... Berend is her husband... They have told me a lot about Holland... I hope to visit them someday... And they hope to visit me someday...

Again Timothy ... welcome to Wonderland!
carolyn
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:21 pm

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for the introduction, it's so nice when we hear from the other members.

Your English is perfect, be very proud of yourself.

I hope you pop in now and then, I'll put the kettle on for tea. :wink:

Wishing you a wonderful Wonderland welcome.

I'm not 'normal'........am......

M.A.D. :lol:
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:52 pm

timothy2 wrote: but basically I'm quite normal. While the rest of you, on the other hand, ...
I'm completely normal too! :roll: And you are right....I've noticed some things about the others....... :lol:
timothy2 wrote:Most importantly, of course, I got addicted to Wonderland!
And so are we all.
timothy2 wrote: I seldom speak, but when I do speak, I try to say something.
Your English is wonderful and when you speak you come across as funny, witty and quick. Please pop in with comments or questions more often.
timothy2 wrote: I know it sounds weird, but with some of you it's just like I know you. I feel at home here.
It's that way with many of us. :) Isn't it fun!!! Welcome to Wonderland :!:

jg
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:32 pm

Hi timothy2,

WELCOME to this Forum :lol: :lol:

It was so long ago that I posted that 'Please Introduce Yourself' thread, I had almost forgot all about it :shock: :roll:

It must be difficult trying to catch up in chronological order - or in any order to be honest :wink:

Hopefully you will find the time to post the odd comment here and there.

Malcdelsol 8)
(Lord & husband of Lady IDJIT)
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:36 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Theo (obviously cause of my username :lol: ), I'm eleven, soon to be twelve, and I am crazy about [Return To] Wonderland! I have posted many levels and comments and stuff, and I never once noticed this topic! :oops: :lol:

How did I discover this WONDERFUL game? Well, my friend introduced me to the IntensityXS games a while back when I was in fifth grade. I explored the Midnight Synergy webpage and found that old Original Wonderland. :lol: I was hooked and registered it. Then, months later, Return to Wonderland was released and I bought that, because it looked good. It is great!! Now that my birthday is coming up, I'm going to get my mom to buy the Deluxe version! Yippee! :D

That's all for now! :wink:
This is my longest post yet!
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:18 am

Welcome TheoX! I enjoyed your post. I haven't had a chance to play any of your levels yet, but I will check them out. :D

Happy Birthday and I know that you will like the new Deluxe version just as much as you have the orginal Wonderland and Return to Wonderland. Have fun when you get it! Will be looking forward to some Deluxe levels from you also.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:49 pm

(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:19 pm

majic1 wrote:HEY Kaboom - you are welcoming other people, but YOU have never told us about yourself!!! How about it!! We want to know something about kaboom! - especially since you've been uploading so many levels!!!!
nevermind that :P :P

no need for it :P but thx anyway for the message :)
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:27 pm

There might be no need, but people do like it! 8) :lol: :twisted: :lol: 8)
Or are you too busy? :lol: :P
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:23 pm

just nevermnind that! :)
BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:26 pm

Maybe you would get more comments on your levels, if people knew who they were talking to......
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:29 pm

thx 4 suggestion but really no :(
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:34 pm

BINA wrote:Maybe you would get more comments on your levels, if people knew who they were talking to......
I agree Bina. 8)

Are you too shy Kaboom? :oops:

You don't have to go into great detail, age and country would suffice.

Theo is only 11 and he has introduced himself admirably. :D

BTW, welcome Theo, I will post on your levels very soon. :wink:

Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:54 pm

thx 4 suggestion but really no
timothy2
Silver Wonderlander

Post by timothy2 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:12 pm

People shouldn't be pressed to introduce themselves if they don't feel like it, I think.

By the way, thanks for your response to the introduction I wrote recently!
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:17 pm

Thank you :D :D

BTW I noticed in your profile that you're from The Netherlands. That's a COOL country :D :D I always loved it :)
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:18 pm

Hi Timothy,

Nice to see you again.

I don't feel we were 'pressing' just trying to encourage him.

We have had a final answer, that's good enough for me.

Hope you come back to see us again soon.

TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:05 pm

What she said :wink:
I wasn't trying to press you Kaboom! :(
sorry about any wierd feelings :|
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:27 pm

no problem
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:43 am

k :wink:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Post by lgrapes » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:37 am

Hi everyone,

I was scanning through the intro's and realized that I never posted my intro.

So, here it goes...

I am addicted to Wonderland and my husband wants me to join a twelve step program. Was never able to have children, which is okay because my husband and I are big kids anyway. I do however have lots of animals...so, you see my children have fur, feathers and fins...

I am a perprtual student...working on my Master's and just looked into a PhD program. I play golf, work, garden, work, volunteer, work, cook, work, paint, work, read, work, and oh yeah work-work-work...

Although I don't live there now I am a true Italian Jersey girl and have the tude' to back it up...

Other than that I am a really layed back kinda gal...that is after work-work-work...

Lori