I Underwent Surgery!

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

I Underwent Surgery!

Post by RoberTime » Sun May 14, 2017 1:19 am

Sure I wasn't active for a long while here. I was wondering if I can share some life stories, but I don't want to overwhelm myself with many of them. One exceptional story: This one...

Last week, I was writhing in pain all over my chest. So hard to walk, lie down, sleep, and even breathe! I had to go to the hospital at 4 in the morning. Did some tests including a CAT scan, to find out I had a bowel rupture. Keep in mind that this didn't go on for my whole disappearance in the forums, but for a week while I was recovering. They had to cut me up and fix a flared-up section of my intestines!!!

Now in case you don't know my health, I am crippled with Crohn's Disease. And this is a difficult ailment to understand for me. Every two months, I go to get some IV medication to tame my pain. However, it just seemed to get worse now.

I'm back home now. But things aren't the same yet, I still have the stitching outside my abdomen, which is getting removed in a few days, and I can't walk as a normally do. But it's all going to go away in a matter of weeks and then we can figure out what happens onwards. I also can't go outside, as I don't want to walk too much, and things are boring around here. But I have found RTW and the forums again and will try making the best of it for the time being.

Please hope for the best for me, as you don't know the pain I have been through these years ago. I can hardly wait until I get that active kick again once this stitching comes out and heals.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun May 14, 2017 9:30 am

Oh dear, that sounds horrible! I wondered where you'd been, but I never expected anything like this. I wish you the best of luck in the future. (PS: Are you still interested in remaking Wonderland GB with me?)

Here's my story. When I was about 8 or 9 my parents realised that I wasn't exactly normal. I don't exactly remember the details, but I saw some adults who asked me questions and I was eventually diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. For the unfamiliar, it's something that I was born with, and it's classed as high-functioning autism.
It doesn't impact my ability to live normally or my intelligence, but it does make me think differently, and also makes me incapable of understanding how other human beings work and think. Social situations in general really, including how language is used socially, idioms like "pullimg your leg", and sarcasm (I've figured out that last one now). However, my skills with reading English are unaffected. Writing online posts like this are no problem either, but English at school sucks since you're expected to understand and use those advanced language techniques.
My parents bought some books about it: some for me to work through with them (still don't understand the purpose of those) and other more factual books for my brothers to read to understand me, and for me to read to understand myself. I was actually incredibly shocked, I remember wondering how the book knew more about me than I did.
If you've read Mark Haddon's "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" the main character and narrator, Christopher, also has Asperger's. It's actually fairly accurate.
If you feel like learning more, the Wikipedia article is also unsurprisingly accurate. I've read it.
If you want more specific examples of what I find difficult, just ask. It's no problem.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun May 14, 2017 5:34 pm

I really hope you get better soon, Robertime. D:

Take care, m'dear. :cry:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Get well soon. :(
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

That Sucks.

Post by Oats » Wed May 24, 2017 3:14 pm

That sucks to hear dude, looking up the condition it must be so painful. I hope the pain is numbed well and that you make a recovery from your rupture.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Wed May 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Actually, pain is 95% out given I was here at home nearly two weeks after leaving the hospital. As a matter of fact, I went doing a session of StepMania/Dance Dance Revolution on a dancepad (Cuz I managed to hook everything up to emulate such experience) and functioned pretty well. But still not 100% as I was so tired at the end. Also it's been a week since I got my stitching removed.

Still, recovery has been really decent and I would like to thank all for hopes that I would become fully animated again. 8)